Page 6 of 598 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106506 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Speaking of Grundy, is he still alive?

Okay, I understand that now, thank you, zhris.

Silly boy (or girl), of course he is.

Sandy Hausler

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    i agree with you guys. The Queens are rich unless the company goes down the tubes. And it's highly unlikely that they don't own their house, that it is owned by the company.

Sandy Hausler
    A class-action suit or a judicial action such as what happened to Bernie Madoff could do a real number on the Queens' finances, but that wasn't the case here.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I'm still clinging onto the hope that Roy will get his arm chopped off and become Arsenal.

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RonFett View Post
    I'm still clinging onto the hope that Roy will get his arm chopped off and become Arsenal.
    Really? There's no need to retort to silly gimmicks. He should have a residual effect of mirakuru that enables him to never miss the target with any kind of weapon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclo__Pills View Post
    Really? There's no need to retort to silly gimmicks. He should have a residual effect of mirakuru that enables him to never miss the target with any kind of weapon.
    That would be a very odd residual effect since we haven't seen any indication that the drug does anything like that to anyone who takes it.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    That would be a very odd residual effect since we haven't seen any indication that the drug does anything like that to anyone who takes it.
    Yet. We haven't seen any indication that the drug does anything like that to anyone who takes it. Yet. :rolleyes:
    But really, is so hard to swallow something like this in a superhero TV show?

EDIT: I miss the big grin smiley :/
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

BANNED

Yet. We haven't seen any indication that the drug does anything like that to anyone who takes it. Yet. :rolleyes:
    But really, is so hard to swallow something like this in a superhero TV show?
    Well, since perfect aim usually requires steady hands and pinpoint calm and focus and one of the primary effects of Mirakuru is crazy, shakes inducing rage . . . yeah, It kinda would, really.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Well, since perfect aim usually requires steady hands and pinpoint calm and focus and one of the primary effects of Mirakuru is crazy, shakes inducing rage . . . yeah, It kinda would, really.
    Which is why I put it as a residual effect after he's cured. This way Roy gets ready to don the hood without having to train for five years in a distant island. But who knows, for all I know mine is a wild guess that has very little chances of becoming true
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

Retired

Slade seems to have deadly aim--so there must be a way to control some of the Mirakuru effects.

While the Queens should still have lots of money--if the series wants them to lose their money, then I'm accepting that as a stated fact. They don't need to explain the boring details of how the fortune was siphoned off. I guess it was something like how Ollie lost his fortune in the comics (that would be the O'Neil loophole).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by zhris View Post
    Grundy (if he's still alive).
    Not being alive has never stopped Grundy before...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Slade seems to have deadly aim--so there must be a way to control some of the Mirakuru effects.
    Slade was a trained soldier and marksmen before he ever took the Mirakuru. The Mirakuru not taking that away is a completely different thing than the Mirakuru suddenly giving perfect aim to somebody who couldn't shoot a bow straight beforehand.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

To be honest, I was really hoping Oliver would have more fire in his belly after Slade killed his mother. This ep was good, but felt slightly off, like they were trying to put off the inevitable final fight just a little longer. Aside from the development with Laurel, which could have been fit in elsewhere, this ep could probably be passed over entirely in terms of the overall narrative. It would make more sense to jump from Moira's death straight into the crazy free for alll battle for the city.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    My major criticism of Arrow is that it should have more villain versus villain stuff

> I wish Isabel's character had been another faction than Slade
    > I wanna see a some Merlyn vs Slade action (I suspect that is coming)

My major criticism with most media is that villains appear only as antagonists then after they are done they are put to sleep until latter. They often dont feel like autonomous agents.
    I expect Merlyn will show up with an agenda that we can simultaneously love and hate. After all, he can't be too happy with the threat that Slade poses to his only living child, and he'll probably find a way to work the city in chaos to his advantage.

BANNED

Nah , he should just hallucinate and use dead cats as his weapon.

Why does Arsenal look like a gorilla in that second picture?
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman