Page 7 of 598 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107507 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow

The worst part of it all is that we have to wait until next Wednesday for another episode.
    I hate my first world problems.

This show really is a rollercoaster ride, so many things happened, and I'm really looking forward to the finale this season. It's happening fast, and the fact that this season felt quick just goes to show how much I've been enjoying it. Those freed inmates putting on Deathstroke masks was crazy. The present day stuff is great, but I'm really wondering how the Island stuff is going to wrap up. How is Ollie going to remain trapped on the Island for another three years? Possibly by himself? What happens to the other AMAZO prisoners? And what of Sara?!

Quote Originally Posted by Hatestorm View Post
    It would be handy to have The Flash join the fight against the army of super soldiers.
    It would, but I'm sure having a just out of a coma spazzed out Barry who can hardly understand his new power wouldn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
    Also I don't if it's just me, or does it look like Isabel has a big head with her Ravager mask on?
    Lot of padding. I'm guessing she's expecting to get hit on the head a lot. I liked Diggle's reaction to seeing her alive, he's all "Hey, I shot her..." Plus, she was stone COLD to Thea at Verdant. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    Also, I love how even Ollie doesn't give a crap anymore about revealing his secret identity
    It makes sense considering Laurel, I mean, he wanted to tell her in the past. As far as Blood goes...I thought that was a little weird (like how on Smallville all the meteor freaks would see Clark using his power and he's not worried but he wouldn't dare to tell Lana), but maybe that was just Oliver marking him for death.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing Thea become a straight-up villain. And not in a mind-control or oh-I-was-being-manipulated way, but a full-fledged plunge into the dark side. (Next season, of course; not enough time to pull that off now.)
    What would her motivation be, though? Anti-hero, I can see, especially if she has no club and no money.

Quote Originally Posted by zhris View Post
    Just a thought; everyone on Team Arrow is super-Microsoft (Surface tablets and Nokias as far as the eye can see), wouldn't it be funny if they prominently showed Slade and Blood using Macs and iPhones?
    That'd be hilarious. Bose was sponsoring Arrow, I'd love to see Slade supporting their competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Call me crazy, but I'm half-expecting the Squad to show up.
    I like that Diggle and Felicity went to see Amanda Waller in this episode (and Felicity nerding out), but I'm hoping ARGUS isn't a resource Team Arrow is going to keep coming back to. It's like how in the MCU people are always complaining the hero never calls SHIELD or the Avengers for back up. Because having SHIELD back you up makes you seem less competent as a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    To be honest, I was really hoping Oliver would have more fire in his belly after Slade killed his mother.
    I don't know, I liked him being all lost and directionless. The fire can come later.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    i agree with you guys. The Queens are rich unless the company goes down the tubes. And it's highly unlikely that they don't own their house, that it is owned by the company.

Sandy Hausler
    Judging by the trailer for the next episode, I'm thinking that the House gets blown up.

Fantastic Member

Read some of the stuff above. I don't buy the queens suddenly being dirt broke all that much either unless we are to believe Moira had no one managing her money intelligently...
    In Oliver's case, I would expect Felicity to stash money away for him or something. They have that level of trust, and I could imagine some kind of off screen exchange about the subject being discussed. After-all, Oliver pays Diggle and Felicity some kind of salary...got to have a fund set up for that.

Thea probably has some kind of trust fund or something and just lives off the profits of the club...really nto sure. I can,t remember a thing regarding her...

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    What would her motivation be, though? Anti-hero, I can see, especially if she has no club and no money.
    She's going to become an anti-hero known as Disclosure. Thea will beat up people who keep any type of secrets from the ones they love.

"You told your wife she looked great in that outfit when you know she looks hippy in it! How dare you lie about that to her!"
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Here's my thinking, which you can take with a grain of salt:

- Thea's so disgusted with the duplicity of her so-called friends and family that Merlyn takes her in
    - Merlyn slowly reveals all of the family's secrets to her, including Ollie's double life as the Arrow
    - Convinces her that her family, like her entire city, is corrupt and must be burned to the ground
    - Trains her to fight, sends her back to her family to get close to them and set up their downfall
    - All throughout Season 3, Thea sneaks around and spies for Merlyn, narrowly escaping discovery at every turn

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    She's going to become an anti-hero known as Disclosure. Thea will beat up people who keep any type of secrets from the ones they love.

"You told your wife she looked great in that outfit when you know she looks hippy in it! How dare you lie about that to her!"
    LOL, love this.

I think some of you are forgetting that Moira probably spent a lot of money defending herself against murder charges AND probably got sued hardcore for "The Undertaking". I am guessing the families of the deceased went after her hard and she paid out millions. (not to mention the businesses there probably sued as did the people who lived)

QC stock had been falling all season anyways, Isabella mentioned it when she first joined became partners with Oliver running the company. all they would have had to do to really put the screws to Oliver would be to issue millions of shares more and buy them up. Oliver's stake would go in the toilet.

Plus you are assuming they didnt take any illegal means to steal the Queens money. You really dont think they went all cyber warfare on the bit? Felicity does that stuff every episode.

Quote Originally Posted by dhandler01 View Post
    I think some of you are forgetting that Moira probably spent a lot of money defending herself against murder charges AND probably got sued hardcore for "The Undertaking". I am guessing the families of the deceased went after her hard and she paid out millions. (not to mention the businesses there probably sued as did the people who lived)

QC stock had been falling all season anyways, Isabella mentioned it when she first joined became partners with Oliver running the company. all they would have had to do to really put the screws to Oliver would be to issue millions of shares more and buy them up. Oliver's stake would go in the toilet.

Plus you are assuming they didnt take any illegal means to steal the Queens money. You really dont think they went all cyber warfare on the bit? Felicity does that stuff every episode.
    I see where you're comming from; but if that was the case, they really needed to set that up earlier in the season. Maybe drop a line every few episodes to denote how much of the fortune was being spent settling claims from The Undertaking. Instead, it's been business as usual and at no time did I feel like the Queens were spending all of their money. Plus, it should be noted that Merlyn Global was probably liquidated and those funds used to pay out the claims. QC may have bought the company that built the device, but Merlyn was behind the whole thing.

as for teh stocks, there was a line dropped a few episodes back that Isabel had diluted their shares; but I don't know how she could selectively dilute just Oliver's shares and not her own.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I see where you're comming from; but if that was the case, they really needed to set that up earlier in the season. Maybe drop a line every few episodes to denote how much of the fortune was being spent settling claims from The Undertaking. Instead, it's been business as usual and at no time did I feel like the Queens were spending all of their money. Plus, it should be noted that Merlyn Global was probably liquidated and those funds used to pay out the claims. QC may have bought the company that built the device, but Merlyn was behind the whole thing.
    Right.

If the Queens were "only" millionaires, sure, they could possibly blow it all fairly quickly via lawsuits. But they were billionaires, so it's much harder to swallow.

as for teh stocks, there was a line dropped a few episodes back that Isabel had diluted their shares; but I don't know how she could selectively dilute just Oliver's shares and not her own.
    Yep. Doesn't make sense at all.

No all stocks are diluted, but those "in the know" either buy up more or are awarded more of the new stock. It is effectively what Zuckerburg did to his buddy in The Social Network.

So basically it works like this...lets say you and I each own 50 shares of the company. Then lets say we sell 500 more shares. I award myself all 500 or buy all 500 before you have an opportunity to do so. You still have 50 shares but I now have much more devaluing your stock. (it is actually more complicated but I am not an economics guy I have had it explained but usually go glassy eyed)

Also, you are all assuming that the Queens had zero debt floating around which is pretty ridiculous. Even the richest people tend to have some debt and with the trials I am guessing they had plenty more.

Ultimately you guys are thinking too much about it anyways and ignoring the idea that criminals might have just stolen...it has been known to happen Hell Felecity, a hero, did it in the last episode you dont think Slade and Isabella could do the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by dhandler01 View Post
    No all stocks are diluted, but those "in the know" either buy up more or are awarded more of the new stock. It is effectively what Zuckerburg did to his buddy in The Social Network.

So basically it works like this...lets say you and I each own 50 shares of the company. Then lets say we sell 500 more shares. I award myself all 500 or buy all 500 before you have an opportunity to do so. You still have 50 shares but I now have much more devaluing your stock. (it is actually more complicated but I am not an economics guy I have had it explained but usually go glassy eyed)

Also, you are all assuming that the Queens had zero debt floating around which is pretty ridiculous. Even the richest people tend to have some debt and with the trials I am guessing they had plenty more.

Ultimately you guys are thinking too much about it anyways and ignoring the idea that criminals might have just stolen...it has been known to happen Hell Felecity, a hero, did it in the last episode you dont think Slade and Isabella could do the same thing?
    I have a good imagination, so I'm confident the script writers could come up with reasonable explanations for the Queens losing everything. At the present time, however, I'm at a loss as to where all those billions went.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post

That would be great in Mad Magazine. You should pitch it.

Sandy Hausler

I like that Diggle and Felicity went to see Amanda Waller in this episode (and Felicity nerding out), but I'm hoping ARGUS isn't a resource Team Arrow is going to keep coming back to. It's like how in the MCU people are always complaining the hero never calls SHIELD or the Avengers for back up. Because having SHIELD back you up makes you seem less competent as a hero.
    I don't think so. Everyone needs a little help. Oliver himself needed Diggle and Felicity. A hero who can do everything by themselves (i.e. Batman) means less suspense left for the plot.

Ultimate Member

Felicity makes me wonder if when she looked at that computer monitor if perhaps she planted a bug on it like Tony Stark did in the Avengers movie...

Incredible Member

Hi everybody, joining in here. I was the originator of the "Arrow Season 2" thread on the old forum and it's nice to see the discussion continuing. I love Green Arrow, he's my second favorite superhero after Batman, and I'm a huge fan of the show. Brimming with anticipation for the finale, because they're sure to try and top the one for season 1 and that one was pretty epic.

I'm not too concerned with the details of how the Queens have lost their fortune. It's all part of how Oliver has been brought just about as low as he can get, ready to literally let himself die until Laurel gave him the revelation about Blood and he finally let the fight come back into him. And about Blood- what is often (not quite always) a sure way of knowing that a villain in a superhero story is going to die soon? They learn the hero's identity. I wouldn't get too attached to Blood right about now, he's not long for the world.

Moira's death scene shook me up big time. With the extreme suspense/tension of it and all the screaming and crying and freaking out and the "Close your eyes, sweetheart" and everything else-- it left me jaw-droppingly stunned and thinking DAMN, that was some harsh tv! I never saw it coming. The sudden limo crash alone made me do a major double-take. It was easily the most shocking ending of the entire series so far. And in the aftermath of it, I was left thinking, ok, with the reveals about Moira knowing Oliver was the Arrow and the fact that Slade was on the island with Oliver being made known to both her and Thea, SURELY this had to lead to Thea knowing everything. But then in "City of Blood," she STILL didn't know and Oliver STILL wouldn't tell her in spite of all she had so desperately said about how she was sick of all the lies! For god's sake, Thea needs to know everything and that she is under the protection of Team Arrow. Anything less, and I just want to reach into the tv and grab Oliver and shake him. She is your little sister, man, and that is a precious thing. Stop doing the thing you know she hates!

Like others, I am also hoping for some Merlyn vs. Slade action, and for Sara to return with the League of Assassins to do battle with Slade's army. Nyssa, and can I dare to hope for even a cameo appearance of Ras? I think Grundy, however, is dead. I think he was a one-off. One thing I did not understand in the cliffhanger ending to "City of Blood" is how the guy who broke his bonds in the police station had a Deathstroke mask actually still on his person after being arrested.

In the old thread, it was almost universally expected that Sara was going to die and that Laurel was going to replace her as Black Canary. I hope not. Sara's Canary has been one of my most favorite parts of this season. If she dies, that is going to hurt. Worse than Tommy, worse than Moira. I am bracing for it.
    Last edited by Kensei; 05-07-2014 at 04:07 AM.