Page 71 of 598 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171571 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Killing off decent characters for cheap gimmicks?
    If some of you had accepted from Day One that Sara was going to be Laurel's Thomas and Martha Wayne, you would be handling this a lot better today, IMO.

As for Laurel, I have a feeling many in the "nay" camp regarding her character will like her more as the show progresses.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Guess it depends on how you define 'cheap,' but sure, why not? That's the nature of serial storytelling. When done right it's a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    If some of you had accepted from Day One that Sara was going to be Laurel's Thomas and Martha Wayne, you would be handling this a lot better today, IMO.

As for Laurel, I have a feeling many in the "nay" camp regarding her character will like her more as the show progresses.
    I would think so, since Laurel presumably won't be bogged down by the pill-popping alcoholic subplot this season!

But it's hard for me to say, as I've loved Laurel from Day One. And I don't get the love for Ollie and Felicity as a potential couple.

come on, we all knew she was going to die...
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Isn't Ted Kord in this season too?
    Actually, they used Ray Palmer because they weren't allowed to use Ted Kord.

And I think Sara's death overshadowed everything in this episode. I actually liked Routh as Palmer, and am looking forward to seeing more of him this season.

Quote Originally Posted by PiercedMonk View Post
    My guess is Thea is the one who murdered Sara.

It was someone Sara recognised, but her reaction was surprise as opposed to hostility, so Merlyn and Helena are out. We can be fairly confident that it wasn't Oliver, and it would be a weird plot twist if it was Nyssa.

So, of the established archers left that leaves Shado -- who's dead and would probably elicit a bit more surprise from Sara -- and Roy, and hopefully they're not going to make him a villain.

However, Thea has spent the last five months hanging out with Merlyn, despite knowing he's a mass murdering supervillain. Who knows what she's capable of at this point?

The other option would be a new character we're not yet familiar with, but that would be cheap.
    I had the same thought this morning. Don't know how I would feel about that.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I would think so, since Laurel presumably won't be bogged down by the pill-popping alcoholic subplot this season!

But it's hard for me to say, as I've loved Laurel from Day One. And I don't get the love for Ollie and Felicity as a potential couple.
    The problem with Laurel was that they made her so unlikable, especially last season. But i understand WHY she was like that last season. Hopefully from now on we'll get a stronger Laurel that fans will gravitate to.

Its not like they haven't done this in comics before because you know its not like this is based off comics or that any television show hasn't done before.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    The problem with Laurel was that they made her so unlikable, especially last season. But i understand WHY she was like that last season. Hopefully from now on we'll get a stronger Laurel that fans will gravitate to.
    She was fine by the season finale and people need to stop focusing entirely on the first half of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I wasn't a fan of Laurel's Season Two arc until the last two episodes, when she pulled a 180 and gave Oliver her blessing instead of creating more drama for him.

I thought Oliver and Laurel had great chemistry the first season.

BTW, if Lance doesn't know it's Laurel taking over for Sara after she's gone, I can't imagine he'll be happy with anyone playing the role of Canary. And if he does know, well, I can't imagine him being happy with that either...

I wonder if Nyssa will train Laurel, or if Laurel gets involved with the League of Assassins.

Next week is gonna be dope. Who the hell is that archer?

So what did everyone think of the season premiere?

Spoilers

Overall I liked it. We got our first appearance of Wildcat! I really hope he dons the cat suit by the end of this season. It was super awesome to see Roy fight along side Ollie. But the one thing I didn't like was the death of poor Sarah. Of course this means that Laurel (ugh) is on her way to becoming black Canary. Really can't stand the character or the actress. Though Ra's and the LoA are on their way so maybe the Lazarus Pit can bring Sarah back.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    I wonder if Nyssa will train Laurel, or if Laurel gets involved with the League of Assassins.
    That sound's like a good storyline.

Mighty Member

That was one heck of a death scene.

So nice to have Felicity back, i missed her sooooooo much!

I knew they would tease fans with the Oliver/Felicity thing when i saw it happening, as that's what they do... I've always felt Felicity should be with someone else anyway. [Someone better for her]

Oliver annoyed me in this episode, i can't stand when someone takes upon themselves to make decisions for everyone in some grand gesture of protection or fear, like he did throughout.

I'm sick of the Laurel/Katie Cassidy hate but realize everyone's entitled to and has their own perspectives... just wish people overall could ease up on her a bit and accept her. Seeing your sister die in front of you is certainly a motivator into a great change... I could see her taking up the Canary mantle in her sister's honor if that's indeed what happens. Yeah, i like Sarah as well.. but it's been Laurel from the start, and that seemed to where the destiny of the story was heading, however... never know, maybe it's going somewhere different than what it seems to be. Wherever it goes, i would hope people could accept Laurel.

Routh as Ray Palmer was a lot better than expected... was somewhat concerned how it would translate but i liked what i saw of him so far.

Really liked how Arrow/Flash connected with the episodes. Extremely excited to have Flash and Arrow ongoing and how it kind of feels like a connected universe. [and that there's also Gotham/Agents of SHIELD out there to enjoy]
    Last edited by SXVA; 10-09-2014 at 06:23 PM.