Page 72 of 598 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172572 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So what did everyone think of the season premiere?

Spoilers

Overall I liked it. We got our first appearance of Wildcat! I really hope he dons the cat suit by the end of this season. It was super awesome to see Roy fight along side Ollie. But the one thing I didn't like was the death of poor Sarah. Of course this means that Laurel (ugh) is on her way to becoming black Canary. Really can't stand the character or the actress. Though Ra's and the LoA are on their way so maybe the Lazarus Pit can bring Sarah back.
    Not crazy about that development either, Laurel is the worst thing about Arrow while Sara was a lot of fun and actually likeable. Not the best trade-off, IMO. Having her return only to be killed off again right away, really?

And while seeing Roy in the field was great, he barely said two words throughout the episode, not even when Thea was mentioned. Hope he gets some spotlight soon. Diggle, too... the parent plot is cliche and uninteresting, it was clear from last season that the writers had no idea what to do with him anymore but this not the way to go.

Still, I enjoyed the episode overall. The interaction between Oliver and Felicity is always fun, and the Hong Kong flashbacks are an interesting change of direction (although Waller hasn't told Ollie yet what she needs him for after nine escape attempts?). And this new Count Vertigo was certainly better than the previous one, even if the new effects of the drug makes him look like the Scarecrow instead and I couldn't understand a single thing he said.

Ultimate Member

I'm betting that the assassin was Komodo. Why else would they keep it a mystery. Oh and Laurel was fine in season 1, the writers just didn't know what to do with her in season 2. The only thing that I'm curious about is how they'll make her into a convincing badass. "Trained by an ex-boxer" doesn't sound nearly as impressive as "trained by the League of Assassins."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Next week is gonna be dope. Who the hell is that archer?

It's Simon LaCroix, aka Komodo. He's a villain from Jeff Lemire's recent GA run. An evil archer who basically tore Oliver's life apart and has connections to Robert Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    If some of you had accepted from Day One that Sara was going to be Laurel's Thomas and Martha Wayne, you would be handling this a lot better today, IMO.

As for Laurel, I have a feeling many in the "nay" camp regarding her character will like her more as the show progresses.
    Thats the problem for me, i was fine with Laurel series one heck i liked Oliver/Laurel season 1 but the whole arc for Laurel last season was painfull and then add in the fact that Sara came and was a completely badass and it just made Laurel weaker. For me my arrow has to have three things
    a dynamic with Team Arrow that is positive (Sara did have it)
    be a badass that can compete with Arrow on the same or similar level (i don't think Laurel can now it depends when she dons the outfit)
    be likeable - Laurel last year wasn't likeable and then bang series finale she does 180.

I'm putting this in a wait and see, if i like the execution then i might revalute my pairings.
    Truth is the best policy

Incredible Member

Reactions to the season premiere:

Well this isn't the first time Oliver has waffled over whether he wants to try and maintain a normal love life or not, and probably not the last. That's part of the character though, true to the comics. Comic Oliver means well and has a good heart but he's a womanizer and hurts people unintentionally. I just wish Felicity didn't have to become one of those he leaves in his wake- she is such a beloved character that it offends some fans' sensibilities whenever she gets hurt. But I remember in the season 2 finale I was going, "Oh for god's sake, at least kiss her! She deserves it!" So at least he finally did, and he was honest with her when he said "Please don't ask me to say I don't love you." They will always love each other. It doesn't have to be romantic love. So now she's going to rebound by hooking up with Ray Palmer, I take it. She may take the job he offered her but I hope she doesn't give up her position as Oliver's helper.

On Palmer- anyone notice how he pulled that device off of his belt buckle, whereas The Atom's shrinking device is in the same spot? Nice nod, even though he's not supposed to be Atom on the show.

Roy in costume, finally! I've seen him referred to as Arsenal but he's not called that or anything else on the show yet. Personally I hope Ollie comes to call himself Green Arrow and Roy says "Then I guess that makes me Red Arrow." And he was doing moves like Black Widow! He never used to fight that way.

Peter Stormare as a supervillain- even as brief as it was someone had a really good idea with that bit of casting. He's great.

And the big punch in the gut. Rest in peace, Sara. You were awesome. It continues the show's tradition of important characters dying very out of left field deaths. I mean, I know last season everyone was speculating that she would die and then I was relieved that she survived the fight with Deathstroke and company and I thought she was safe and was permanently leaving the show. When she came back I was thrilled. More Black Canary action! And then-- oops. Sounds like we're being told above who the killer was. Will reserve comment until we see for sure but I could have sworn it sounded like a female voice talking through a modulator.

Yay, "Arrow" is back! It was a long hiatus.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Surely, Laurel won't pick up her sisters mantel and become the BC? I mean it is gonna take years for her to be trained and she doesn't have a head start like Roy so unless they do a time skip I think we will be okay.

And like Flash and Supernatural the première flew by. I swear it did not feel like 40 mins. Also like the title card, glad they are going the Supernatural route and having different title cards for each season, hopefully like Supernatural, Flash and Arrow last a long time.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Who done killed Sara Lance?

The possible suspects are:

Malcolm Merlyn

Thea Queen/Merlyn

Nyssa

Ras al Ghul

Slade Wilson

Amanda Waller

Huntress

Shado

Someone we haven't yet met (like Komodo or possibly Shiva or someone else)

Hmmm....

I'm going to rule out Ras al Ghul right off the bat as the one who got their hands dirty. Also, that person clearly was disguising their voice. Overlords never disguise their voice face-to-face with their victims. Also, this act just seems too small-fries for someone like Ras to go out and do it themselves.

Nyssa on the orders of her dad, on the other hand, seems just messed-up enough to be plausible. Still unlikely, but I could see it if they explained it well enough.

Malcolm Merlyn would make sense ... except have Sarah and Malcolm ever met on the show? Can't remember ...

Thea Merlyn (screw it, that's who she is now) would make a lot of sense too ... except have Sarah and Thea ever met on the show?

Slade Wilson certainly has the means and motivation to kill Sarah, but not the opportunity. Unless he did break out of that prison already.

Amanda Waller is capable of absolutely anything in the name of her job, but again, like Ras, not the sort of thing she'd do herself.

Huntress because well they've already made that character irredeemable in my eyes, why not go all the way?

Shado would be an epic mind-bleep, and there would be a LOT of explaining to do

I'm leaning toward this killer not being any of them, and being someone new to the show. All we know for sure it's someone Sarah knew and was surprised (but not shocked or scared of) to see. Kinda leaves the door wide open.

I believe its Komodo

This is a way out there theory, but what if it was Thea as a villain under the tutelage of Merlyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat_Baggie View Post
    Surely, Laurel won't pick up her sisters mantel and become the BC? I mean it is gonna take years for her to be trained and she doesn't have a head start like Roy so unless they do a time skip I think we will be okay.

And like Flash and Supernatural the première flew by. I swear it did not feel like 40 mins. Also like the title card, glad they are going the Supernatural route and having different title cards for each season, hopefully like Supernatural, Flash and Arrow last a long time.
    Laurel was already shown to kick some butt, maybe not on Sarah or Oliver's level but she can handle herself fairly well.. Also, seeing a family member die in such a context is a factor that not many others come from, with that kind of fire motivating and driving someone the impossible becomes the possible....it didn't take Roy long to become field ready at all and i don't know that he's even had training before where Laurel has had training before. [well, i think she has by the way she defended herself... at least some self defense training or something]

She wouldn't have to start off being a master and going up against the ultimate big bad, kicking everyone's butt... It would be more similar to her origin story and her beginning... also using the Canary scream [if she relied more on that] puts opponents out of balance/focus which gives her an advantage. Not to mention having the Arrow gang there to back her up doesn't hurt, which i'd imagine they'd know about it and be there for her unless she's going to hide her sister's death and pretend she's Sarah, which would be kind of sick and twisted... and i'd think Oliver could tell the difference, so... chances are high that information is going to be known.
    Last edited by SXVA; 10-10-2014 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    This is a way out there theory, but what if it was Thea as a villain under the tutelage of Merlyn.
    Possibly Thea is being transformed into a villain but i don't think she kill Sara, she'll probably attack Roy soon

BANNED

Here's a question - why does past-Waller want past-Oliver to work for her so badly? As far as she knows, he's just a spoiled rich kid who has survived some adversity on the island. Surely there are some really badass mercenaries out there who would be much better operatives than Oliver would be at this point. Is this supposed to be a mystery or am I missing something?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Here's a question - why does past-Waller want past-Oliver to work for her so badly? As far as she knows, he's just a spoiled rich kid who has survived some adversity on the island. Surely there are some really badass mercenaries out there who would be much better operatives than Oliver would be at this point. Is this supposed to be a mystery or am I missing something?
    Two possibilities:

A Poor writing
    B She's bat**** crazy. She did try and blow up Starling City to stop a few dozen low level meta humans after all.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    She probably knows more than we know that she knows...

It's a mystery at this point being only the first episode, the Hong Kong story like the Island story is going to unfold as the season progresses.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    She probably knows more than we know that she knows...

It's a mystery at this point being only the first episode, the Hong Kong story like the Island story is going to unfold as the season progresses.
    I'm open to it being a mystery, but I would think Ollie would have asked the same question at some point in the episode, like out loud to his captors.