Page 78 of 598 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178578 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    That was my favourite thing in the entire episode, as well as when Ollie punched a guy in the nuts.
    Haha!! That was awesome.

I just cant stand Laurel. Other then that was a solid episode. I just hope that Laurel doesn't spend too much in the Arrow Bunker in future episodes.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, he and his mom thought that it'd be a brilliant idea not to tell Thea, and that predictably blew up in their faces. That's what Malcolm's offering her, honesty. Which is something that her own family seems to have trouble with.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yeah, he and his mom thought that it'd be a brilliant idea not to tell Thea, and that predictably blew up in their faces. That's what Malcolm's offering her, honesty. Which is something that her own family seems to have trouble with.
    I'll take well-intentioned dishonesty over murder any day of the week.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Bat_Baggie View Post
    Haha!! That was awesome.

I just cant stand Laurel. Other then that was a solid episode. I just hope that Laurel doesn't spend too much in the Arrow Bunker in future episodes.
    I'm not much of a Laurel hater, but she was worse than usual this episode. I mean bad enough to take me out of the story and I'm a pretty non-critical consumer of media.

Nut Punch was great though!
    If you are not reading Lazarus, you should be.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Oh yeah, he knew for like half of last season iirc. But so far Malcolm seems to have not told Thea that Oliver is the Arrow or the Hood or whoever, still surprised that Thea doesn't seem to have a problem with a guy that murdered hundreds if not thousands and would probably be arrested on sight if he ever showed back up in the city. We saw back in season 1 that Laurel could fight, as for Roy we saw from his first episode that this version isn't just your average street thug done good, a lot of how Oliver gets through the city as Arrow is the same way that Roy already was, and Roy could already fight as well, sure not great but he's had now at least some training and it's not like Roy has anything else to do. As for Thea, I'm going to guess that we're going to get to the point where she'll believe anything that Malcolm says and tries to kill Oliver not knowing that he's the Arrow and probably Roy too, Oliver will probably try to tell her that Malcolm is just using her...she won't listen...still think that it'll end in a way that Malcolm can either save Thea or get his money/something that he covets greatly and he'll leave her to die, which would then make things interesting when she'd face Oliver and Roy again after being proven wrong.
    I just have to point out a few things relating to what you said
    One Roy - there is a difference to taking a beating and fighting, Oliver was only going to use Roy as an informant in the glades before he was shot up and he was forced to train him now I guess he doesn’t want the time to go to waste.
    Second - Laurel wasn't shown to fight that much back in season 1, having basic self-defense is a hell of a lot different to be a master assassin trained by the league for three years. I could be wrong but Laurel was only shown in a bad situation that she wasn’t saved like 3/4 times in season 1.
    Thea – I could get behind this but it won’t be that interesting chances are Roy still holds a candle and Oliver is her brother she be forgiven and join Team Arrow for season 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I'll take well-intentioned dishonesty over murder any day of the week.
    Well the blows will keep on coming especially if Malcom does tell her that Oliver is the Hood, Damm it now I want Sara and Laurel as the Canaries because Ollie might need all the help he can get. Curse you CW curse you.
    Truth is the best policy

BANNED

Haha!! That was awesome.

You mean other than becoming a full member of the team as Black Canary?

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    I just have to point out a few things relating to what you said
    One Roy - there is a difference to taking a beating and fighting, Oliver was only going to use Roy as an informant in the glades before he was shot up and he was forced to train him now I guess he doesn’t want the time to go to waste.
    Second - Laurel wasn't shown to fight that much back in season 1, having basic self-defense is a hell of a lot different to be a master assassin trained by the league for three years. I could be wrong but Laurel was only shown in a bad situation that she wasn’t saved like 3/4 times in season 1.
    Thea – I could get behind this but it won’t be that interesting chances are Roy still holds a candle and Oliver is her brother she be forgiven and join Team Arrow for season 4.

Well the blows will keep on coming especially if Malcom does tell her that Oliver is the Hood, Damm it now I want Sara and Laurel as the Canaries because Ollie might need all the help he can get. Curse you CW curse you.
    A small correction. Olive is now the Arrow, rather than the Hood.

And, ya can't justifiably blame The CW for the death of Sara, the pushing of Laurel. It's more down to people like Kreisberg, Berlanti, et al. They're the ones to curse, if anyone.

And needing all the help he can get is all well and good, but on the next episode, he has the man he's always had beside him, in John Diggle. Then, the one he's had on and off since Season 2, Roy Harper/Arsenal. So, that should help a fair bit, along with the skills Oliver has.

And, anyone else feel sickened by the twice hospital TORTURE by Laurel Lance, to the man? Inflicting pain to bring about the truth doesn't strike me as a brave, heroic, noble, or basically, in any way RIGHT thing to do, or way to do it.

And yes, Felicity and Diggle were wrong to extort your man to get information about Sebastian towards the end of Season 2. It was taking money that WAS NOT THEIRS TO TAKE, nor his. Not theirs' to put in a particular place, or anything. Charity, streets, anywhere: NO. That is wrong. Not their money, even if it wasn't his, or was and gotten through illegal means.

If it was the police, then yes, that would've been right. But the attitude of Felicity and Diggle during it all angered, disgusted and frustrated me. What Oliver AND Laurel ashamedly did in this episode to that man, in Sara, was, without a doubt, torture.

That was extortion, and threatening to take his parents' pension? That is just low. His parents have, as far as we know, nothing to do with his criminal activities, nothing to do with Slade, Isobel, or Sebastian. They had NOTHING to do with this, really and truly and I'm left wondering what they would've done if he hadn't broken like he did. Would they have been even more villainous, classic criminal landlord theivery? I hope not. Might, might not have. I just don't know. Might have tricked him into believing they did, or that they were.

But no. What Oliver did, hitting him twice like that, when he had the power and the man there did not, was wrong. Not heroic at all, just wrong. Better ways to get information, certainly not cruel ones like that. If killing Komodo later on wasn't what Sara would've wanted, or what she would've done, or the right thing, then how would what her former partner and what her very own sister did, in any way acceptable, to that line?

Reminds me of the 2011 Wonder Woman pilot, or that Season 5 episode of Castle, where not-Wonder Woman tortures a bed ridden man offscreen, and gets chastised for it. Or, where Richard Castle, in search for his daughter, tortures a man in a bed, not overly injured, and again offscreen.

It's getting to be a bit of a pattern in some cases that I could do without, especially the overly dark, faux-cool thing to it all, with Castle. Just saddening, sickening and stomach churning.

If it happens again...ah. Shouldn't have happened at all.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Soapbox snip
    Calm down there bro.

A small correction. Olive is now the Arrow, rather than the Hood.
    Sorry but to be fair maybe Malcom doesn’t know that’s the name he is going by anyway doesn’t matter.

And, ya can't justifiably blame The CW for the death of Sara, the pushing of Laurel. It's more down to people like Kreisberg, Berlanti, et al. They're the ones to curse, if anyone.
    Sorry my understanding is that they work for the CW who greenlit the series based on ratings and their plans, if I’m wrong then I release CW from my curse and apply to the producers you have so helpful named

And needing all the help he can get is all well and good, but on the next episode, he has the man he's always had beside him, in John Diggle. Then, the one he's had on and off since Season 2, Roy Harper/Arsenal. So, that should help a fair bit, along with the skills Oliver has.
    John Diggle from what I understand isn’t allowed in the field because he is a daddy, this may lead him to the SS spin off to get some field action.

And, anyone else feel sickened by the twice hospital TORTURE by Laurel Lance, to the man? Inflicting pain to bring about the truth doesn't strike me as a brave, heroic, noble, or basically, in any way RIGHT thing to do, or way to do it.
    No idea haven’t watched the episode yet, still gather strength to watch the premier knowing what I do never mind epi 2.

And yes, Felicity and Diggle were wrong to extort your man to get information about Sebastian towards the end of Season 2. It was taking money that WAS NOT THEIRS TO TAKE, nor his. Not theirs' to put in a particular place, or anything. Charity, streets, anywhere: NO. That is wrong. Not their money, even if it wasn't his, or was and gotten through illegal means.
    True but I found it funny they hurt him in the only way that they knew how to break him, doesn’t make it right but in the context of the show they didn’t have a lot of time and they needed to break him fast.

[QUOTE=Crimson Knight;614857]If it was the police, then yes, that would've been right. But the attitude of Felicity and Diggle during it all angered, disgusted and frustrated me. What Oliver AND Laurel ashamedly did in this episode to that man, in Sara, was, without a doubt, torture.
    Confused by the bold bit, the images in my head right now are wrong and very bad please clarify.

That was extortion, and threatening to take his parents' pension? That is just low. His parents have, as far as we know, nothing to do with his criminal activities, nothing to do with Slade, Isobel, or Sebastian. They had NOTHING to do with this, really and truly and I'm left wondering what they would've done if he hadn't broken like he did. Would they have been even more villainous, classic criminal landlord theivery? I hope not. Might, might not have. I just don't know. Might have tricked him into believing they did, or that they were.
    Spoilers I really need to watch those two episodes before I have a chance at understanding what you are talking about or are you referring the series finale because you have lost me.

But no. What Oliver did, hitting him twice like that, when he had the power and the man there did not, was wrong. Not heroic at all, just wrong. Better ways to get information, certainly not cruel ones like that. If killing Komodo later on wasn't what Sara would've wanted, or what she would've done, or the right thing, then how would what her former partner and what her very own sister did, in any way acceptable, to that line?
    Yeah no idea what Sara would have wanted except what is in the epi which I think I will watch this weekend and tell you (maybe even tonight)

Reminds me of the 2011 Wonder Woman pilot, or that Season 5 episode of Castle, where not-Wonder Woman tortures a bed ridden man offscreen, and gets chastised for it. Or, where Richard Castle, in search for his daughter, tortures a man in a bed, not overly injured, and again offscreen.
    Castle is a show I’m trying to get into would you recommend it when the main character isn’t torturing people.
    Truth is the best policy

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    Well the blows will keep on coming especially if Malcom does tell her that Oliver is the Hood,
    Now that the Arrow is acclaimed as a hero in Starling City, a reasonable person would understand why Ollie kept it a secret. Of course, Thea has never been a reasonable person.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Thea is a bit easier to buy because there's a least SOME foreshadowing with her. Honestly Roy was much more annoying because he could barely even properly hold a bow, then he had his Mirakuru freakout, was in a coma, and when he woke up he was suddenly a master archer. It also cheapens Oliver and Sara's journeys. They had to go through hell for YEARS to get where they are, whereas Roy (and Laurel if they go this route) can do it in a few weeks or months largely offscreen, no just no.
    I dont think Roy is a master archer. And in the finale from last season, while he was hitting people with his arrows I like to think it was more to the fact it was a clusterfuck and lots of bodies and he could shoot anywhere and hit someone, not that he suddenly got skilled.

In the meantime though, I assume he is continuing to train with Oliver and get better, I could use a few instances that show him missing a target or being slightly off to kind of remind us and him that he is still new and still training.

The bold bit is in reference to the latest episode. I apologise for any spoilers, just needed to get it off my chest. Very unhappy about that stuff, but I'm sorry if I ruined anything.

I WOULD recommend CASTLE, as a show that's bright, fun, chirpy. A murder mystery show where a murder mystery writer, Richard Castle, gets writers block. He's a friend of the Mayors' where he is, and gets a way to assist the police week to week, day to day, on murder cases in the area. Helps him to clear up that block. Gets close to Detective Katherine Beckett, a woman he becomes enamoured with, a woman who's investigating the murder of her mother. With Season 6, that plot is closed, without spoiling anything.

I'd recommend skipping the episodes in Season 5 where his daughter is missing, just read some bits in synopsis instead, and it'll be okay. Same with an undercover episode for Season 6 for Beckett, or the CIA episodes, at least 1 + 2, for 6. Season 7 premiere as well, as one of the characters tortures, very little of main character, etc, but yet again, look for synopsis for details. I'd also possibly recommend skipping the bomb episodes in 3 or 4, not sure which. And, maybe the episode with the fire stuff in 6 as well.

If you'd like, I'll look up the different episodes, and recommend which to skip and which to watch, but yes, watch the show, skip the episodes you don't like, or ones above.

And, the bit you quoted, where you replied 'Spoilers' to start with, it's Season 2, Episode 21 I'm referring to, not Season 3, Episode 2.

No problem. Blame CW for schedule stuff, renewal, or cancellation stuff, or promotion stuff, in they get too interfering.

Hmm. You'll see about Corto Maltese, let's say.

BTW, you will love or hate the end to 'Sara', S3E2.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    You mean other than becoming a full member of the team as Black Canary?
    No. No. No. Don't say that!

How did Laurel get Sara to the bunker? And how did Super Laurel find Ollie when he was facing Komodo? Smh.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

BANNED

No. No. No. Don't say that!

How did Laurel get Sara to the bunker? And how did Super Laurel find Ollie when he was facing Komodo? Smh.
    1. She carried her. Possibly drove her there in her car.
    2. I don't remember but I don't recall being confused by it. Somebody in the Arrowcave told her?

Thea is a bit easier to buy because there's a least SOME foreshadowing with her. Honestly Roy was much more annoying because he could barely even properly hold a bow, then he had his Mirakuru freakout, was in a coma, and when he woke up he was suddenly a master archer. It also cheapens Oliver and Sara's journeys. They had to go through hell for YEARS to get where they are, whereas Roy (and Laurel if they go this route) can do it in a few weeks or months largely offscreen, no just no.
    Yeah Roy's sudden competency was/and still is pretty ridiculous.
    Hopefully with Laurel there's a lot of trial and error, if she's going to get into the fray this season. Maybe she'll be smart and use guns. (Rubber bullets so Oliver doesn't go off on one of his "You don't want to do this" speeches.)

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York