Page 8 of 598 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108508 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    In the old thread, it was almost universally expected that Sara was going to die and that Laurel was going to replace her as Black Canary. I hope not. Sara's Canary has been one of my most favorite parts of this season. If she dies, that is going to hurt. Worse than Tommy, worse than Moira. I am bracing for it.
    I really, really despise Laurel. If Sara dies and I have to see more of Laurel, Imma be like

Yay Kensei is here!

I think people think Sara will die because they think the show is going to be held to the same continuity as the comics are. I think the writers have shown that isnt true in the least bit so far. (in what comic is Isabell Rochev Ravager) Killing Sara off would be a waste and forcing Laurel to be Black Canary just because a few thousand people would get a boner over it is wishful thinking at best.
    Last edited by dhandler01; 05-07-2014 at 05:45 AM.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Well, the producers have said that Laurel is Oliver's Lois Lane, and given that they considered making Sara into Ravager, they clearly don't see her as indispensable to the Black Canary role. I'm not sure how the actress who plays Laurel feels about eventually suiting up, though, so it may be something they just save for the series finale. But she's already dipped one toe in the action pool, so to speak, by following Oliver into the thick of things last week.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dhandler01 View Post
    I think people think Sara will die because they think the show is going to be held to the same continuity as the comics are. I think the writers have shown that isnt true in the least bit so far. (in what comic is Isabell Rochev Ravager) Killing Sara off would be a waste and forcing Laurel to be Black Canary just because a few thousand people would get a boner over it is wishful thinking at best.
    People think that because in interviews leading up to the season premiere, the producers made statements that intimated that was the plan. Now, it's entirely possible that the plan has changed since then, but the idea of Sara dying and Laurel taking up the mantle isn't something people made up out of thin air.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I have no doubt that has been the plan for a long, long time.
    I've had that feeling as well. Hopefully, Caity Lotz has developed enough of a following to derail any plans to kill her off and have Laurel take up the Black Canary mantle.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Nah , he should just hallucinate and use dead cats as his weapon.

Man, comics are weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Daenarys Stormborn View Post
    After-all, Oliver pays Diggle and Felicity some kind of salary...got to have a fund set up for that.
    Well, Felicity has always been a Queen Consolidated employee so no need for a special fund for her. And I wouldn't be surprised if Diggle became a QC employee after Oliver took over the company. Are you saying Oliver pays them an additional salary as part of team Arrow? It's possible but I'd like to think they're helping him for free.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dhandler01 View Post
    Yay Kensei is here!

I have a FAN? Dhandler01, you have made my day.

Your thread on the main DC Board about Arrow was one of the few I always read. I never liked the one on the TV board. Discussion was always fun and we thought similarly about lots of stuff

Is tonight the season finale or is their one more to go?

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    I've had that feeling as well. Hopefully, Caity Lotz has developed enough of a following to derail any plans to kill her off and have Laurel take up the Black Canary mantle.

Man, comics are weird.
    The only good thing about The New52 is that it wiped the travesty that was Justice League: Cry for Justice out of existence. May we never, EVER have a Roy with a mechanical arm being haunted by the ghost-corpse of his dead daughter EVER AGAIN.

R.I.P. spoilers:
    Kate Spencer
    end of spoilers

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    R.I.P. spoilers:
    Kate Spencer
    end of spoilers
    I believe another one will be leaving tonight, if I'm guessing correctly.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I believe another one will be leaving tonight, if I'm guessing correctly.
    Yeah I don't think "redacted" is big enough to be considered a main character.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Yeah I don't think "redacted" is big enough to be considered a main character.
    I'm not thinking of a "he," FWIW.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

And rip spoilers:
    Sebastian Blood
    end of spoilers I'd like to see someone else take up that role. I'd also like to see the Royal Flush gang come back in a different incarnation. Maybe with the addition of the missing member this time. Was it 9 Queen or Ace they didn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by the darknight detective View Post
    i'm not thinking of a "he," fwiw.
    fwiw?