Page 86 of 598 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186586 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    IDK. If they can use Ra's then they sure as hell can use Talia. Hell they mentioned the city where Nightwing does his vigilante stuff in. So they can get away with this as long as they don't fully incorporate Batman into the series
    The mentioned bloodhaven but not gotham i'm thinking talia might be too far. Jmho

Ultimate Member

And Ra's himself isn't? Seems unlikely to me. Oh and I'm REALLY starting to get annoyed with two things:

-Lance not knowing about Sara. Just TELL HIM ALREADY!! Or have him figure it out on his own, I don't care. This whole "he's brings up Sara and everyone gets nervous" crap is getting old REALLY fast. It's not good drama, it's unnecessary/pointless drama.

-I'm also getting really tired of Thea being the only member of the main cast that DOESN'T know that Oliver is GA (well Lance to but with him it's at least deliberate ignorance). She should have found out last season, and Oliver telling her everything EXCEPT for that is just lame.

Ultimate Member

Considering Ra's and Nyssa's, less than loving, relationship in the comics, I'm wondering if they're not sowing the seeds for her to turn on him later on? Also Roy, stop doing stupidly unnecessary/impractical flips during fights, it never ends well for you. Oh and I'm REALLY starting to get annoyed with two things:

-Lance not knowing about Sara. Just TELL HIM ALREADY!! Or have him figure it out on his own, I don't care. This whole "he's brings up Sara and everyone gets nervous" crap is getting old REALLY fast. It's not good drama, it's unnecessary/pointless drama.

-I'm also getting really tired of Thea being the only member of the main cast that DOESN'T know that Oliver is GA (well Lance to but with him it's at least deliberate ignorance). She should have found out last season, and Oliver telling her everything EXCEPT for that is just lame.

Season 3 looking as good as season 2!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Ra's' voice just sounded wrong. Not intelligent, not chilling, made me sad after hearing various excellent cartoon versions plus Neeson's.

I heard some Australian in Ra's accent which bothered me greatly. I am not impressed, yet I am not disappointed. It's just....meh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    And Ra's himself isn't? Seems unlikely to me. Oh and I'm REALLY starting to get annoyed with two things:

Yeah this is really starting to get bad. Which is worse? Finding out your daughter is dead or finding out that you weren't being told that your daughter is dead? I say the latter

Oh, this isn't obvious? What do you think will happen for the mid season break? Lance learns the news and has a heart attack. See you in six weeks!

You know, i was SO sure that she would find out by the end of last season, and it burns me that she didn't. HOWEVER- we don't know WHAT Malcolm told her during her training. At this point it is entirely possible that she DOES know he's the Arrow and is playing coy. This is one of the things that is really interesting me about this season, especially after that phone call she had with her dad. What is Thea's angle? What is Merlyn's? And is it good or bad for Oliver?

As for Sara, this is my current theory: Ra's ordered her death, and someone from the League (possibly Talia, MAYBE Shiva) carried it out. Sara showed familiarity with her killer, but not deference, so Ra's himself didn't do it. Why she was killed will be the real mystery, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    The mentioned bloodhaven but not gotham i'm thinking talia might be too far. Jmho
    And they moved Bloodhaven to the West Coast as well, whereas in the comics it's right down the road from Gotham on the East Coast.

I think, unless specifically forbidden by DC (*cough* Ted Kord *cough*) they have pretty free reign to use whatever secondary characters they want. But they'll never be allowed to use the big names unless they are expressly permitted to. As much as I'd love to see Bruce Wayne vs Oliver Queen, if they couldn't get Bruce for Smallville, they sure as hell can't get him for Arrow.

One other thing- can we all agree that Amanda Waller is an evil B**** and worthy of being a season's Big Bad? Jesus, first she wants to blow up a plane to kill one woman, then she wants to nuke a small American city to kill less than 100 super soldiers.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I may be the only one, but I am really glad that Laurel will be the Black Canary.
    You are not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    And they moved Bloodhaven to the West Coast as well, whereas in the comics it's right down the road from Gotham on the East Coast.

I think, unless specifically forbidden by DC (*cough* Ted Kord *cough*) they have pretty free reign to use whatever secondary characters they want. But they'll never be allowed to use the big names unless they are expressly permitted to. As much as I'd love to see Bruce Wayne vs Oliver Queen, if they couldn't get Bruce for Smallville, they sure as hell can't get him for Arrow.

One other thing- can we all agree that Amanda Waller is an evil B**** and worthy of being a season's Big Bad? Jesus, first she wants to blow up a plane to kill one woman, then she wants to nuke a small American city to kill less than 100 super soldiers.
    And it's not like the villain she wanted to kill was some world threat like Lex Luthor. She was after China white. what kind of nut blows up a plane to take out a C-lister like China white?
    Last edited by MichaelC; 10-29-2014 at 09:08 PM.

Extraordinary Member

OMG, it would be AWESOME if they brought Cheshire into this series!!!

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    OMG, it would be AWESOME if they brought Cheshire into this series!!!
    I had a theory over the summer that perhaps they wanted Thea to become Cheshire.

... Roy, stop doing stupidly unnecessary/impractical flips during fights, it never ends well for you.
    Heh, that was my first thought exactly during that scene

Oh and I'm REALLY starting to get annoyed with two things:

Those things bug me too, but...

Ra's a Ghul! (T)ruck Yeah! (My first thought when Sarah was killed was Ra's, and I'm super curious to see if that's actually the case.) As an earlier poster pointed out Nyssa and her father don't exactly have the most loving relationship. It would be fun to see them at odds.

And...

Amanda Waller! (T)ruck Yeah! I like completely amoral, ruthless Amanda.

And...

China White (again) (T)ruck Yeah!

Season three is shaping up to be pretty freaking awesome.
    Last edited by Red_11; 10-29-2014 at 09:59 PM.
    If you are not reading Lazarus, you should be.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I had a theory over the summer that perhaps they wanted Thea to become Cheshire.
    That was my thought pretty much all of last season but now I'm not sure. I feel like Thea training with Merlyn was a convenient way to give her skills, but I see her more likely to end up as someone like Arrowette and an occasional member of Ollie's team than a full on assassin for hire. If her reappearance this season had shown more of a turn to the dark side, I would agree with you, but as is, although she's different due to her association with Merlyn, I don't feel she's different enough that I could see her becoming a completely amoral mercenary for hire. It would take something dramatic to bring about that much of a turn in her character, and if none of the previous events that happened to her accomplished it so far, I don't see it now. Pretty much the only big reveal left is that Oliver is the Arrow, and I don't think that one last lie will be enough, given that its balanced by her now having her own lies, ie Merlyn training her.

Plus all the interviews and summaries about this season have been about how Merlyn and Oliver become reluctant allies, and that can only happen while there's the possibility of Merlyn corrupting Thea. The second he actually succeeds in corrupting Thea, all chance of Oliver ever doing anything but hunting Merlyn to the ends of the earth becomes null and void.

Edited: Plus, the main reason I don't think Thea will become Cheshire is because the longer the show goes on, the more each of the supporting cast needs their own storylines, and there's nothing more Roy-centric than Cheshire. All of the other characters have plots and motivations separate from Oliver now - Laurel is becoming Black Canary, Diggle is a father and has connections with Lyla and Argus, Felicity has a brewing romance with Ray Palmer and ties to Flash and his team in Central City, and Thea has her secrets and training with Merlyn. Roy's only storylines are Thea, which ultimately all loop back to include Oliver as well, so I think Cheshire when she's introduced is most likely to be a new character. If Thea becomes Cheshire, then that makes Cheshire as much Oliver's story as she is Roy's, and that just doesn't work as well for a longterm ensemble narrative. His character needs something distinct, that can't be trumped by bigger ties to another character in the main cast, or else you kill all chance of him ever standing on his own as well as the other characters do.
    Last edited by Kalen O.; 10-29-2014 at 10:26 PM.