Page 91 of 598 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191591 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Resons I think Tommy Merlin IS Sara's killer.
    1.Laurel is on A MISSION to kill whoever,whatever killed her sister.Tommy would present the greatest conflict to her tunnel vision.Think EMOTIONAL CONFLICT.
    2.A weapon AGAINST THE MAGICIAN.Tommys death was Malcolms fault.A resurrected Tommy is a doomsday device against him courtesy Ras al ghoul.
    3.Oliver.also reference #1.Oliver and Laurel screwed each other right in front of him,killing Sara pays that betrayal back in spades.Oliver,like Laurel & Malcom,would be TORTURED AT THE SITE OF TOMMY.
    4.Ras al Ghoul makes all this possible.I know the showrunners said no lazerus pit,but it woul tip thier hand especially in if This is what they're doing.
    5.What other scenario would impact ALL THE MAJOR PLAYERS IN SUCH A EMOTIONAL WAY?I haven't even got to the effect on Thea.
    6.The pit is a one shot thing,given Arrows more grounded nature,if it can only be used ONCE,this is the most impactful way.

Incredible Member

Interesting take, but if it was Tommy then Sara would have had to have known he was alive because when she saw him she did not have a shocked reaction, she just went "What are you doing here?"

Stephen Amell and John Barrowman both have talked about a sword fighting scene in the mountains (Nandar Parbat?)a 3-way duel,I think in the episode that could reveal Tommy.Sara quite possibly could have known Tommy was alive,or it was meant as"what are you doing here,your DEAD!"
    This is just a theory,it could and probably will turn out to be wrong.Its a dangerous game the show is playing building up "Who killed Sara" to a fever pitch,the letdown potential here is really high,my theory has ,i feel,the best chance of satisfying the most fans.

BANNED

Finally I am caught up with this show!!! So excited to be part of the discussion.

Here is what I will say:

I hope Thea becomes a villain. Like a real antagonist. It would be a really cool turning point for the character and it would add more complexity to her.

Also, Laurel needs to be shipped away to the island for a few years. I'm getting sick of her. I like that the one and only Ted Grant is now training her but she is still incredibly annoying. Every single member of the cast has something special about them, Laurel has nothing. She cries in almost every scene, she is bossy and rude, and at the end she is always apologizing. That's her deal. Screwing up badly, crying, then apologizing and acting happy again. I'm just sick of this. If she really is going to become a vigilante this season her attitude needs to change, because she has an incredibly weak spirit and knowing how to punch a bag won't save her life.

And lastly, for any comic book League of Assassins fans, did anyone get the hint that Whisper A'Daire might be appearing? The overuse of the word "whisper" made it clear to me, and I think it's only a matter of time before she gets introduced.
    Last edited by GrandKaiser; 11-04-2014 at 03:22 PM.

Ultimate Member

I wouldn't want Thea to go bad, otherwise it'd be the very thing that everyone would expect to have happen given her father and her going with him, I'd rather see her "win" only to basically lose it all because of her actions, kind of like how she'd "kill" The Arrow and get the approval of Malcolm only to then find out that it was Oliver all along...that'd certainly affect her and perhaps be what would break her from thinking the world of Malcolm.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I wouldn't want Thea to go bad, otherwise it'd be the very thing that everyone would expect to have happen given her father and her going with him, I'd rather see her "win" only to basically lose it all because of her actions, kind of like how she'd "kill" The Arrow and get the approval of Malcolm only to then find out that it was Oliver all along...that'd certainly affect her and perhaps be what would break her from thinking the world of Malcolm.
    I like that idea a lot. I just want to see in costume fighting with swords and arrows haha.

Emily Bett Rickards on upcoming origin episode:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/11/04/ar...smoak-origins/

Retired

Until Thea's switch to the dark side, I was kind of bored with her character and thought she would be written out of the show. Now she's really interesting.

I have a problem with immoral characters. I don't feel right rooting for them. Yet Malcolm is absolutely wonderful. I know that he killed 500 people but ah, this doesn't bother me.

Thea knows that Malcolm caused all these deaths. She nearly gave up on her mother for merely assisting Malcolm in his schemes--yet she ran into Daddy's arms when the going got tough. She's a bad girl--and I think it's too late for her to be redeemed--she's sold her soul to the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I thought his look was fine, but the moment he opened his mouth...no. Just...no. Ra's should have a highly intelligent, cultured voice. Matt Nable talks like guy you would meet in a cheap bar.
    I agree with his voice is to put it mildly, underwhelming.

I am however excited to see Ollie and gang get their butts handed to them by the League.
    Personally, i think Thea & Malcolm are manipulating Ollie to get into conflict with Ra's"

What's the chances of a bat associate appearing here?
    It would be such a dream for me if nightwing came and said 'my boss sent me here''

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Until Thea's switch to the dark side, I was kind of bored with her character and thought she would be written out of the show. Now she's really interesting.

I have a problem with immoral characters. I don't feel right rooting for them. Yet Malcolm is absolutely wonderful. I know that he killed 500 people but ah, this doesn't bother me.

Thea knows that Malcolm caused all these deaths. She nearly gave up on her mother for merely assisting Malcolm in his schemes--yet she ran into Daddy's arms when the going got tough. She's a bad girl--and I think it's too late for her to be redeemed--she's sold her soul to the devil.
    And I love that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PennyD View Post
    Man im worried Ras wont be as awesome as ive built him up to be. looks like cult leader from the following so far.
    Are you talking James Purefoy? I think he would make a great Ra's.
    if you want a non caucasian version (because that's a big issue with this character this year) then I would suggest Alexander Siddig, great actor, can imagine him conveying classic Ra's.
    Do wish they'd styled Nables facial hair more like classic Ra's, can't really speak to what he'll bring to the role after a 2 minute scene.
    Him saying that Sara was never really one of them makes me inclined to think he ordered her death. Would love to see a version of Death and the Maidens in the finale with Nyssa positioned as a main cast member for season 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Raefe Mahadeo View Post
    Are you talking James Purefoy? I think he would make a great Ra's.
    if you want a non caucasian version (because that's a big issue with this character this year) then I would suggest Alexander Siddig, great actor, can imagine him conveying classic Ra's.
    Wasn't he Bashir on Deep Space Nine? If so, that would have been a PERFECT choice for Ra's. I think my problem with this actor so far is that he doesn't look like he'd be Nyssa's father.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post

Agreed. She should be the big bad of this season IMO. And at the end, the final duel between her and Oliver would end in a hug.

But I'm totally cool with Malcolm being the ultimate evil again too.

I think it's gonna be Ra's though.

Retired

Unfortunately, for Alexander Siddig, even though he's pushing fifty, he's still looks young and dreamy. The make-up department would have to work on his face to make him a little less handsome and a little more monstrous to play the Demonhead. However, Omar Sharif is still alive and kicking, bless him.

Ultimate Member

Perhaps they didn't want Siddig because his full name is far to long to fit on screen...okay it's not that long but I know that it's about as long as Prince William's full name if not longer iirc.