Page 99 of 598 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Lance should have told Laurel that she did the right thing, but it just wasn't enough. Laurel could still come to same conclusion about becoming a vigilante herself, but without being given the riot (no pun intended) act about doing something obviously sensible in that situation.

Yes, it amazes me how stupid the writer of the ep was. In real life sending police to a riot is like sending firemen to a fire. I am shocked that people don't get this. Haven't they ever seen a riot on the news? The cops are always there.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Laurel put helpless cops in danger instead of doing things herself like a responsible vigilante. It's an answer that only makes sense in a superhero universe.
    No offense but how in the hell are cops helpless? They have weapons and training. The only downside of calling in a riot squad is usually civilians wind up hurt or dead.

Did you miss the part where I said it's an answer that only makes sense in a superhero universe? Sending in cops in a superhero universe is often irresponsible, the equivalent of sending helpless children into danger.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Did you miss the part where I said it's an answer that only makes sense in a superhero universe? Sending in cops in a superhero universe is often irresponsible, the equivalent of sending helpless children into danger.
    That applies to super villains which was not the case here. They were sent to deal with rioters not the League of Assassins or Deathstroke. It was terrible writing pure and simple.

I must say, I really liked the foley artist work in the opening sequence. All the hits sounded mean, definitely thrown with bad intentions, especially the sword hits which sounded like they'd have hacked off limbs if they'd connected.

Very late to the party on the recent episode, just watching it now and 5 minutes in.

I didn't think i could love Felicity any more and then the opening to this episode happened, everyone battling it out with epic tenacity and then Felicity doing 5 sit ups in her pajamas. Hahahaha. OMGosh, that is killing me. What a clever opening.

Willa Holland has gone through some transformation, she's a beast now... and her new hair style is working for her in sooooo many ways.

THIS EPISODE! Aghhhh, i can't contain my Felicity feels. I had to pause it and finish my coffee before i continued.

However, her past isn't exactly what i expected of the character...

Finished, pretty good episode and nice to get so much Felicity content, although kind of sad and depressing seeing Felicity sad and depressed through a lot of it, and the villain was pathetic... but fun to watch Felicity take him down. Loving Routh as Ray Palmer more and more each new episode.

So confused by the ending with Roy, that has to be some sort of trickery it's just too weird.
    Last edited by SXVA; 11-08-2014 at 11:24 AM.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

BANNED

Yeah , liked the opening with all the different types of training the various characters was going through at the same time - roy with oliver , laurel with grant & lastly thea with Malcolm.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    Loving Routh as Ray Palmer more and more each new episode.
    He's such an engaging and likeable actor. I hope he continues to get work for years to come.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

He should work with his clone , the guy from grimm.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Yes, it amazes me how stupid the writer of the ep was. In real life sending police to a riot is like sending firemen to a fire. I am shocked that people don't get this. Haven't they ever seen a riot on the news? The cops are always there.
    Well they also apparently have no idea how the legal system works at all given the ludicrous nature or Moira's trial last season, or how the stock market works given the ridiculous manner that Isabel took Oliver's fortune from him. So I'd say that it's more a case of the writers wanting to incorporate real-life elements into the show, but not really doing the proper research into how said things actually work.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Well they also apparently have no idea how the legal system works at all given the ludicrous nature or Moira's trial last season, or how the stock market works given the ridiculous manner that Isabel took Oliver's fortune from him. So I'd say that it's more a case of the writers wanting to incorporate real-life elements into the show, but not really doing the proper research into how said things actually work.
    Well, also fantasy doesn't have the same exact rules and perspectives as reality.

Because something does/doesn't abide by a certain ruleset within the perspective of the rules of reality doesn't necessarily dictate that it's the exact same in fantasy.

IMO and observations, people get way too hung up on their view and perspective of reality within fantasy.

He's such an engaging and likeable actor. I hope he continues to get work for years to come.
    Indeed, and he doesn't have to do much either... he's memorable even in a few short basic scenes. I want more Routh, spinoff.. more scenes, anything. Can't wait until he starts doing his Atom thing, i'm assuming he will be doing Atom stuff and not just be Ray Palmer. Also, i wasn't one of the Ollie/Felicity shippers but i am a Felicity/Palmer shipper and hope it goes there, he would be good for Felicity i think.
    Last edited by SXVA; 11-08-2014 at 01:22 PM.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Ultimate Member

Well, also fantasy doesn't have the same exact rules and perspectives as reality.

Because something does/doesn't abide by a certain ruleset within the perspective of the rules of reality doesn't necessarily dictate that it's the exact same in fantasy.

IMO and observations, people get way too hung up on their view and perspective of reality within fantasy.

Indeed, and he doesn't have to do much either... he's memorable even in a few short basic scenes. I want more Routh, spinoff.. more scenes, anything. Can't wait until he starts doing his Atom thing, i'm assuming he will be doing Atom stuff and not just be Ray Palmer. Also, i wasn't one of the Ollie/Felicity shippers but i am a Felicity/Palmer shipper and hope it goes there, he would be good for Felicity i think.
    When they're bringing in real-life elements, yes it does. Especially when the way it's portrayed onscreen in no way even comes close to matching reality. "It's fantasy" isn't a valid excuse in and of itself. Legal procedure, stock manipulation, etc are real-life things that the show chose to bring in, so they have to at least try to vaguely resemble how those things work. The fact that those elements have been so thoroughly mocked/criticized proves that they failed.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

While I agree with that, some things, unless given a valid reason otherwise (like the over-the-top corruption on Gotham, i.e.), need to still be grounded in reality.

Indeed, and he doesn't have to do much either... he's memorable even in a few short basic scenes. I want more Routh, spinoff.. more scenes, anything. Can't wait until he starts doing his Atom thing, i'm assuming he will be doing Atom stuff.
    The guy really deserves his own show. Routh has the charisma to carry a good program, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    When they're bringing in real-life elements, yes it does. Especially when the way it's portrayed onscreen in no way even comes close to matching reality. "It's fantasy" isn't a valid excuse in and of itself. Legal procedure, stock manipulation, etc are real-life things that the show chose to bring in, so they have to at least try to vaguely resemble how those things work. The fact that those elements have been so thoroughly mocked/criticized proves that they failed.
    It's "real life" in the fantasy world of Arrow/Flash, it doesn't happen in the real life that you or i exist within. The same exact perspectives and views that are dictated by the rules and experiences of living in reality doesn't necessarily apply to fantasy.

Generally, it will use this reality as we all exist as a basis so the human mind can understand and grasp it.. as most humans seem to have an issue with letting go of that and embracing fantasy and have a need to hang on to what they know, it's like how when an alien being will encounter humans and will make everything the way it exists within the human perspective of their reality and what they're comfortable and familiar with rather than the alien reality, etc.

In the fantasy world of Arrow/Flash that trial can happen and did, super soldiers can and did, Flash gaining his powers and other super humans running around with super powers can happen and did as it's not restrained/caged by the rules and perception of the reality we currently exist within's rules, perception and perspectives.

That people thoroughly mock and criticize within a basis of "that couldn't happen in real life" says much more about them then it does the series imo.. i wouldn't consider it a failure as such.
    Last edited by SXVA; 11-08-2014 at 01:52 PM.

Incredible Member

What struck me about the riot at the bank was that all those people totally freaked out instantly at the first hint that they might be about to lose their bank accounts to the point of trying to break into the bank and fighting back against the police, but then they completely gave up at the firing of two tear gas arrows by Ollie and Roy.

A part that I liked though was how Ollie saved that person from being hit by a car when things were first starting to go bad, taking the impact himself. If that was me I would have been like "Holy God, I just saved someone's life and got hit by a car to do it, that was AWESOME!" and bragged about it for probably the rest of my life. For Ollie it was like, eh, no big deal, all in a day's work.