Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 44 of 44
  1. #31
    Incredible Member Malachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    678

    Default

    Bob Quinn in Way of X was an artist I was excited about. The art was beatiful, expressive and one point that really stuck out for me: the hair. He did draw great hair. A marker of pretty much all artists that i like who draw good characters is that they are great at drawing hair. Even if their styles might vary.

    The hair here is very generic. I might even say it feels rushed.

  2. #32
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    Ok I'm really liking the art. Cable looks Great.

    Maybe I'm seeing it through rose colored glasses because I'm SO Pumped he's back. But I think the art really fits him.
    Yeah, Iím in the same boat I think. The art looks good to me, but probably just because Iím so excited about this book. If I think about it being drawn by Cassara or Schiti or someone like that, thoughÖ well, yeah, it comes up short. My dream would be to have it drawn by Jerome Opena. Could you imagine?

    But, hey, Iíll take what I can get here and be thankful for it.

  3. #33
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Caracas, Venezuela
    Posts
    204

    Default

    The art is awful, is this a mini or a one shot?

  4. #34
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,347

    Default

    Just a one-shot. To re-establish OG Cable in the Reign of X era and insert him into The Last Annihilation event being written by Ewing. I’m assuming that after this he continues appearing in SWORD, as that’s where Kid Cable was appearing outside of his solo, but we’ll see.

  5. #35
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,347

    Default

    I will say, for a one-shot bringing a name X-character back, I would’ve gone and grabbed someone big as the artist. Not sure why they didn’t honestly. Since it’s only one issue, go all out! Think about if they’d put Olivier Coipel, Dave Finch, Steve McNiven or Jerome Opena on this bad boy! Gangbusters.

    Not that I’m complaining, mind you. I’m thankful to be getting this comic. Just not sure why Marvel doesn’t go all out on one-shots with big name artists who are too slow to draw a monthly series. It’s pretty much the perfect vehicle for them IMO.

    I wonder how much it would cost to approach an artist like that and have them redraw an entire issue, and then pay a colorist to color it? In essence, get my own custom version of this book made with an A-list artist. Is that something you can even have done? If so, I wonder what it would cost. Hmm…

  6. #36
    Mighty Member ARkadelphia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I really like the art. I don't know much about Cable so can someone tell me why he carries a gun? Isn't he a powerful telepath/telekinetic already? Is it to compensate for the TO virus if he still has that?
    Itís to compensate fore SOME THiNG, but it ainít the TO virus
    ďThe Scarlet Witch is the only thing that will scare them. Itís the only thing theyíll respect.Ē - Hope Summers, Avengers vs X-Men #7

  7. #37
    Mighty Member blinkingblah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,815

    Default

    The art leaves a lot to be desired. Which is unfortunate because without a good artist who has stylistic abilities rather than general run of the mill abilities....I don't see it lasting too long. They need to bring in experimental artist on their off shoots to give it a flavor. Rather than put a milk toast artist on something no one is going to care about unless the story telling and the artwork are synchronized and ready to get the job done.

  8. #38
    Benefactor / Malefactor H-E-D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    Love Ewing, but this is probably gonna be a pass for me. Iím not huge on Bob Quinnís Way of X art in the first place, and I can tell heís intentionally channeling the 90s here... which is not my jam. Plus, old man cable is a hard sell for me.

  9. #39
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    The art leaves a lot to be desired. Which is unfortunate because without a good artist who has stylistic abilities rather than general run of the mill abilities....I don't see it lasting too long. They need to bring in experimental artist on their off shoots to give it a flavor. Rather than put a milk toast artist on something no one is going to care about unless the story telling and the artwork are synchronized and ready to get the job done.
    It’s a one-shot, so won’t last at all. Having said that, I agree that when you’ve got a one-shot why not give it one of these incredible-yet-slow artists who can’t do monthlies? Seems like the perfect vehicle for them, rather than throwing them on the first 1.5 issues of whatever new high-profile series Marvel is launching with A-lister characters that’s going to sell regardless. Instead take artists like that (Coipel, McNiven, Opena, etc.) and put them on a one-shot like this to drive more interest and sales. Just a thought. Again, I’m stoked to have OG back regardless and will definitely buy this issue both digitally and physically.

  10. #40
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    It’s a one-shot, so won’t last at all. Having said that, I agree that when you’ve got a one-shot why not give it one of these incredible-yet-slow artists who can’t do monthlies? Seems like the perfect vehicle for them, rather than throwing them on the first 1.5 issues of whatever new high-profile series Marvel is launching with A-lister characters that’s going to sell regardless. Instead take artists like that (Coipel, McNiven, Opena, etc.) and put them on a one-shot like this to drive more interest and sales. Just a thought. Again, I’m stoked to have OG back regardless and will definitely buy this issue both digitally and physically.
    its this out today. I got the guardians annual but didn't see this.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  11. #41
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,347

    Default

    No. Not until August 25th unfortunately.

    The preview art was an advance look AIPT exclusive.

  12. #42
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    No. Not until August 25th unfortunately.

    The preview art was an advance look AIPT exclusive.
    Thanks for the response. Appreciate it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  13. #43
    Spectacular Member BESTXMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    194

    Default

    I think this book fails instantly in the Krakoan era because why would cable be resurrected 1. old when he can be in his prime. 2. with the to virus?

  14. #44
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,347

    Default

    Who says heís not in his prime? While the kids call him ďold manĒ, they did the same back when he first debuted and he was said to be around 40. To a teenager, anyone over about 30 seems like an old man. So itís possible his body is in its prime. Cableís hair went gray/white at a pretty young age. It was only brown (with a white steak) until about his 20s.

    As for why he retained the T-O virus, see Cable #12. Itís explained.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •