Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Default Composite Cheetah vs Carol Danvers aka captain marvel.

Post Crisis feats and onwards for Cheetah. Carol is in binary form. No jobbing around. Both at their best. Who would win?
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 07-31-2021 at 12:19 PM.

Well, under normal circumstances I’d suggest that Cheetah possibly couldn’t harm Binary Carol, but this explicit Cheetah composite includes the version that Zoom trained to be comfortably FTL, IIRC.

Plus the OP says Carol “can go binary”, meaning she isn’t at the bell, meaning Cheetah eviscerates her before she can form a semi-coherent half-thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Well, under normal circumstances I’d suggest that Cheetah possibly couldn’t harm Binary Carol, but this explicit Cheetah composite includes the version that Zoom trained to be comfortably FTL, IIRC.

Plus the OP says Carol “can go binary”, meaning she isn’t at the bell, meaning Cheetah eviscerates her before she can form a semi-coherent half-thought.
    The training tha zoom had with Cheetah was not just a temporary upgrade though. From that point onwards Post Crisis Cheetah's speed was increased.

Mighty Member

Even without the buff, faster than post crisis WW Cheetah would casually eviscerate Carol if she wasn't already souped up to Binary form. Normal Carol got blitzed by Noh-Varr, who I don't think is anywhere near light speed.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    Even without the buff, faster than post crisis WW Cheetah would casually eviscerate Carol if she wasn't already souped up to Binary form. Normal Carol got blitzed by Noh-Varr, who I don't think is anywhere near light speed.
    That was kind of the point I was making. The fact that Carol doesn’t start in Binary form means Cheetah rips her to shreds.

Mighty Member

That was kind of the point I was making. The fact that Carol doesn’t start in Binary form means Cheetah rips her to shreds.
    I got that, I was just clarifying that I don't think she even needed the Zoom training to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    I got that, I was just clarifying that I don't think she even needed the Zoom training to do it.
    Oh, I agree. Standard Carol gets to have Cheetah redecorate the room with her intestines even pre-Zoom.

Oh, I agree. Standard Carol gets to have Cheetah redecorate the room with her intestines even pre-Zoom.
    I changed it. So Carol is already in Binary. Is it now fair. Or do you think it will be a stomp in Carol's favor now?

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    I changed it. So Carol is already in Binary. Is it now fair. Or do you think it will be a stomp in Carol's favor now?
    I mean she’s still not quick enough to tag Cheetah or avoid her hits, but she does have AoEs that could take Cheetah out, so it all comes down to whether Cheetah can actually hurt Binary Carol.

And honestly, I’m not sure, but I’m leaning towards ‘no’.

But weirdly it actually ends up a stomp one way or the other. Either Cheetah can hurt Carol, in which case she massively blitzes her, or she can’t, in which case she has a relative eternity to wait for Carol to just cook her.

The former is basically Superman vs Thor. The latter is Flash vs Sentry. Neither are pretty.

I mean she’s still not quick enough to tag Cheetah or avoid her hits, but she does have AoEs that could take Cheetah out, so it all comes down to whether Cheetah can actually hurt Binary Carol.

And honestly, I’m not sure, but I’m leaning towards ‘no’.

But weirdly it actually ends up a stomp one way or the other. Either Cheetah can hurt Carol, in which case she massively blitzes her, or she can’t, in which case she has a relative eternity to wait for Carol to just cook her.

The former is basically Superman vs Thor. The latter is Flash vs Sentry. Neither are pretty.
    If Cheetah can trade blows with WW then she should be able to hurt Carol. She also has the magic claws and fangs. That in New 52 can turn others into cheetah monsters. So i would assume she has enough on her side to not be stomped by Carol. Regardless of who wins in the end.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    If Cheetah can trade blows with WW then she should be able to hurt Carol. She also has the magic claws and fangs. That in New 52 can turn others into cheetah monsters. So i would assume she has enough on her side to not be stomped by Carol. Regardless of who wins in the end.
    If she can hurt Carol then who wins in the end isn't a question. She's so much faster she can rain down thousands of blows before Carol can act. It is really hard to make a competitive fight where there is a massive speed difference.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    If she can hurt Carol then who wins in the end isn't a question. She's so much faster she can rain down thousands of blows before Carol can act. It is really hard to make a competitive fight where there is a massive speed difference.
    Agreed. And 'magic claws and fangs that hurt Wonder Woman' are the icing on the cake. It's not like it's going to take thousands of hits if she has edged weapons that - at least on some level - will affect Carol-as-Binary.

Granted, Diana has that specific compartmentalized durability, but if Cheetah can actually trade hits with Post-Crisis Wonder Woman, and is strong enough to legit affect Class 100's of Diana's heft with punches, I would be pretty okay with her being able to put claws into Binary (barring Binary being Thanos-level or something along those lines).
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate