Thread: Pancakes

Robert James Liguori

Question Pancakes

'just two pages. Yet volumes of information for both the read and the unread of Hellboy comicteers. I got this pancakes gem in "Hellboy universe essentials; Hellboy".

For new people beyond this book, what reading path do you recommend? Now in the year 2021!

Thanks,
    Hellboy Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hbr View Post
    'just two pages. Yet volumes of information for both the read and the unread of Hellboy comicteers. I got this pancakes gem in "Hellboy universe essentials; Hellboy".

For new people beyond this book, what reading path do you recommend? Now in the year 2021!

Thanks,
    Hellboy Rob
    This is a very useful reading order that shows the whole universe
    http://www.multiversitycomics.com/an...ng-order-2020/

And here's the disclaimer I like to add for newbies
    Don't get intimidated looking at this!
    Basically start with the first few Hellboy Omnis. If you enjoy the side characters and want to follow with more missions featuring them pick up BPRD: Plague of Frogs when that starts. From there you can dive in and out of series that interest you. They (for the most part) stand completely on their own, but work to build a larger world when read together.
    Hellboy and then the BPRD books are basically the mainline for the major plot, the rest are more side stories (often fantastic side stories).

There's also the simplified reading order linked at the top of that article:

Robert James Liguori

I've traversed pieces of seven of the nodes already, excluding Abe Sapiens, frogs and vampire... Thank you for the guidance.
    Last edited by hbr; 08-29-2021 at 08:55 PM.

Robert James Liguori

Read them all. Where does it go from here?

Well Hellboy and the BPRD is still ongoing. Sword of Hyperborea starts next week. Koschei the Deathless in Hell is coming up next year. Acheron is a single issue must read if you haven’t