Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default What if Peter never became Spidey?

Have any what ifs or spider verse tales touched on this? An sv story had young Peter cured shortly after the nite. Let's say the spider never bit him :

Would the burglar still have come, would daredevil do extra shifts, would JJ junior's son have died?

What do you think would happen?

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    Have any what ifs or spider verse tales touched on this? An sv story had young Peter cured shortly after the nite. Let's say the spider never bit him :

Would the burglar still have come, would daredevil do extra shifts, would JJ junior's son have died?

What do you think would happen?
    I think SpiderGwen touched upon it.

Mighty Member

Thanks. Is that where he becomes the lizard instead? I wonder if a powerless Peter could still become the prowler, use doc ock arms or his web fluid to become the trapster.

It also depends on versions and eras. Lee/dikto, revisionist Cindy moon tale etc.

If there was no MCU Spidey how would avengers 3-4 turn out?
    Lotta things to consider!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Heroes Reborn touched on this, too, with Peter becoming "The Amazing Shutterbug" instead.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

He either become a rich *******, a regular bystander or some assistant to another hero possibly
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Thanks. Is that where he becomes the lizard instead? I wonder if a powerless Peter could still become the prowler, use doc ock arms or his web fluid to become the trapster.

It also depends on versions and eras. Lee/dikto, revisionist Cindy moon tale etc.

If there was no MCU Spidey how would avengers 3-4 turn out?
    Lotta things to consider!
    Yeah. The What If Flash got bit issue had him still become a photographer.

I just saw him just living a normal life and becoming someone's research assistant- maybe Hank Pym or Doc Ock?

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    He either become a rich *******, a regular bystander or some assistant to another hero possibly
    Funny enough, he can be Spider-Man (or spider-powered) and still be a rich jerk, a la Armored Spider-Man from the 90s Spider-Man animated series finale Spider Wars, Alchemax CEO Peter Parker 2099 from Spider-Man: Edge of Time, the Amazing Spider from the Identity Wars crossover between the ASM, Incredible Hulks, and Deadpool Annuals in 2010, and those are just off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Yeah. The What If Flash got bit issue had him still become a photographer.

I just saw him just living a normal life and becoming someone's research assistant- maybe Hank Pym or Doc Ock?
    Or Reed Richards.

iMan 42s

I'd totally be down for an Age of Ultron-like deep dive into Spider-man history and how it changes as a result of no Spider-man. Think about all the villains as a result of Spider-man's presence and those who aren't. Who ends up fighting Green Goblin? Would you even have several Goblin? Of course no Venom, but that also means no spider-clones, and assuming Peter was cured after the evening it wont stop the burglar from coming back.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Mighty Member

Maybe a Peter verse story is needed with lizard, ock arms, Pym style mini spider, gun toting punisher, Dilton type toon with Archie style flash plus many others
    What other Peters can you come up with?

Extraordinary Member

Spider-Gwen, What if Flash and Heroes reborn all did this

Wouldn't the burglar still have come, but he would have been earlier because there wouldn't have been that interaction between him and Peter?

Mighty Member

I've wondered about that. Wasn't he robbing the takings "The spider man" made? An old annual says the burglar was after money an old gangster left in the walls of the house..

I've wondered about that. Wasn't he robbing the takings "The spider man" made? An old annual says the burglar was after money an old gangster left in the walls of the house..
    Uh-huh, who owned the house before the Parkers did.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Uh-huh, who owned the house before the Parkers did.
    norman cause why not
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Or Reed Richards.
    In Life Story, he did that even though he was Spider-Man.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman