Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Darth Tyranus vs Falcon and Winter Soldier

Movie versions

With movie feats alone Dooku probably crushes one’s throat while the other shoots him.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

I guess Dooku could snap both of their necks easily enough with the Force or fry them with lightning but he also doesn't have a defense against being shot. I guess it comes down to who acts first.

If I recall, the longstanding view is that lightsabers are very bad in defending against normal bullets, given that they are both a) markedly faster than SW blaster fire, b) automatic fire means much more are in the air at any one time than SW blaster fire; and c) parrying them with a lightsaber, if not done perfectly to vaporize the bullet, will still shower the target with liquid, red-hot lead.

So yeah, betting on Dooku getting one with the force choke, but then the other shoots him.

Mighty Member

His smart opening move would be to force push a bunch of sand at them and take evasive action. Then he can mind trick Bucky into shooting at Falcon and start zapping away with lightning.

Astonishing Member

Smart move would be to stun them both with a force-wave/sand combo then force-lightning-fry Winter Soldier (even if it doesn't kill him it could still screw him up given his cyborg parts) then just force choke Falcon.

Pocket Sand is a viable tactic, change my mind.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    If I recall, the longstanding view is that lightsabers are very bad in defending against normal bullets, given that they are both a) markedly faster than SW blaster fire, b) automatic fire means much more are in the air at any one time than SW blaster fire; and c) parrying them with a lightsaber, if not done perfectly to vaporize the bullet, will still shower the target with liquid, red-hot lead.

So yeah, betting on Dooku getting one with the force choke, but then the other shoots him.
    He doesn't need to force choke them. His Force is strong enough to snap both their necks. But, like I said , it depends on who acts first.

Couldn't Dooku just TK their guns from their hands first?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

yeah I'm leaning towards the speed of thought activated power without any real travel time here

Spectacular Member

Given how hot lightsabers seem to be, shouldn't they be able to vaporize lead instantly? Lead's actually got a relatively low melting point, and lightsabers can cut through stuff at least as heat resistant as steel.

Mind you, a cloud of lead vapor is also going to be a problem, but it's a problem that's less immediate than liquified lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallman View Post
    Given how hot lightsabers seem to be, shouldn't they be able to vaporize lead instantly? Lead's actually got a relatively low melting point, and lightsabers can cut through stuff at least as heat resistant as steel.

Mind you, a cloud of lead vapor is also going to be a problem, but it's a problem that's less immediate than liquified lead.
    Firstly, vaporisation is always going to take some amount of time, however brief. It’s rarely ‘instantaneous’.

Secondly, the fact that lead has a low melting point compared to other metals doesn’t make it vaporisable (*is surprised to discover autocorrect actually suggesting that as a real word*) at the same point. If you mean ‘turned into gas’, that would be boiling point, not melting point, which a lightsaber would be hard-pushed to achieve given the boiling point of lead is 1,749 degrees Celsius and the room temperature air around the bullets would be dissipating the lightsaber’s heat. If you do really mean ‘turned to vapour’, i.e. liquid or solid suspended in the air, you’re now talking about a cloud of white-hot liquid metal suspended in the air that still has momentum heading right for you. Unless it’s a head-shot, I think I’d rather take the bullet.

Astonishing Member

Given the other options Dooku has here I'm thinking he's taking the majority regardless of whether he can deflect their bullets.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Couldn't Dooku just TK their guns from their hands first?
    Of course he could but why would he? It's just 2 guys with (he'd assume) blasters. Nothing a Sith Lord can't handle.

It's entirely possible he'd be dead before even realizing his mistake.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

There is also the problem of range. 100 ft starting distance might be outside the casual real ‘snap their necks’ or ‘TK their blasters’ trick. IIRC, Dooku might not even have feats for that, and that’s against two opponents who will absolutely be going different directions (flying and running) at the start of the bell, splitting his focus.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM