Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member

Default Suicide Squad: Get Joker! #1 Preview

Suicide Squad: Get Joker! #1 Preview
    Writer: Brian Azzarello
    Artist: Alex Maleev

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The title reminds me of Wolverine: Get Mystique, only a whole lot less sexy

Well, I'm liking what I'm seeing here so far.

Well, not an inaccurate depiction of Jason's history. Alfred is "mom" .

So did Jason get himself arrested? Like, I have a hard time seeing normal police officers taking him out unless he planned for it. I'm kind of getting the vibes of the DoTF ending where he ends up in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, not an inaccurate depiction of Jason's history. Alfred is "mom" .

So did Jason get himself arrested? Like, I have a hard time seeing normal police officers taking him out unless he planned for it. I'm kind of getting the vibes of the DoTF ending where he ends up in prison.
    I think that he left himself be taken. He was surrounded in that underground station. Alternatives were run away fighting the police, which isn't very good, or shoot them, which is even worse. I mean: they're policemen, doing their work. Not criminals or corrupted ones. Even if those cops aren't good people (which is something I think he implies).

And then he just waits in jail to walk away after recovering, I guess. But that's when Waller enters scene.

I guess.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

I just read it.

As expected from the preview, this is a version where Jason is completely cut off from the Batfamily, whether he and Bruce could never talk things out or it is Jason's own choice is not clear. The Three Jokers' costume is given to him by Waller since Jason's pick for a costume is the Rebirth one, I'm sure that Azzarello is making an observation about the fact the costume is just a Robin suit but is too early to tell. Putting aside the thing with Bruce, Azzarello really gets Jason, no more BS about wondering what is wrong or if there is a line to be crossed, Jason is fully convinced he's doing the right and he will do whatever is needed to ensure innocent are protected. He's also skilled, smart, and proactive, he questions Waller at every point and asserts his authority with the rest of the squad. Again, a welcome change from the way Jason has been handled since RHATO ended.

Really looking forward to the next issues.