Extraordinary Member

Default Suicide Squad #6 Preview

Suicide Squad #6 Preview
    Writer: Robbie Thompson
    Artists: Eduardo Pansica, Dexter Soy, Julio Ferreira

Really not a fan of how unhinged Waller has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Really not a fan of how unhinged Waller has been.
    Honestly Waller has pretty much gone full multiverse villain this run. I mean the moment she threw away her voice of reason, attacked a teenage school of heroes, and apparently has an agent attacking the multiverse and taking prisoners she’s basically someone the totality or the Justice Incarnate should attack.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I miss when the Suicide Squad was relatively grounded and normal and Waller didn't seem so unhinged.

Little late for Arrowverse synergy with Black Siren.

I think they are building up earth 3,I think there will be another book based there inside of a year.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Ultimate Member

Assuming that this is our Waller, why does she even give a damn about another world?

And though I'm wary of synergy, I wish we had it here. Why are simple black ops so much to ask?

Incredible Member

The implication from Future State was that Waller was tired of never acomplishing anything in the main Earth so moved her goals to "saving" Earth 3 because she felt that was actually possible (and ended up succeeding by her own criteria).

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    The implication from Future State was that Waller was tired of never acomplishing anything in the main Earth so moved her goals to "saving" Earth 3 because she felt that was actually possible (and ended up succeeding by her own criteria).
    Maybe if the Suicide Squad went back to their Ostrander roots they could actually be effective.

Spectacular Member

So we just had a titans academy crossover. We're going into a months long swamp thing crossover. All the while having a crime sindacate and a shazam sort-of crossovers. Cant the writers just make a story about the squad and not one where they enter somebody elses?

Quote Originally Posted by Bromor View Post
    So we just had a titans academy crossover. We're going into a months long swamp thing crossover. All the while having a crime sindacate and a shazam sort-of crossovers. Cant the writers just make a story about the squad and not one where they enter somebody elses?
    I assume it’s an attempt to make the team feel more connected to the dc universe as a whole
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I think we are going to end up two teams. One more in the veins of Ostrander's and one team setting up shot in Earth 3 as a personal pet project for Waller. There's so much world building with this particular version of Earth 3, I won't be surprised if we get multiple minis using this Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    I think we are going to end up two teams. One more in the veins of Ostrander's and one team setting up shot in Earth 3 as a personal pet project for Waller. There's so much world building with this particular version of Earth 3, I won't be surprised if we get multiple minis using this Earth.
    I'd be fine with that.

I would go with the JLU or justice league underground made up of the YJ generation heroes. Have them fight a uphill battle against a entrenched villian dictatorship. It would be there time to shine and to keep earth 3 and their villains in the DC mix
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

I'm finding the plotline is bouncing around a lot.

I don't know if the writer was told to change direction or have things tie in with infinite frontier, but the series doesn't seem overly focused, but I'll give it a few more issues I guess.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    That’s kinda funny