Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Fantastic Member

Was thinking about it and yknow was a really missed opportunity to not have Harry show up in the American Son armor for the finale in #74.

- Was something uniquely tied to BND Harry and one of the better stories centered around him
    - Doesn't just become a repeat of the Slott finale with him rolling in on the glider and using Goblin gear
    - Gabriel was the last person to use it, attacking Harry in it, so roles would be reversed
    - The intended-to-fail flaw of the armor put in by Norman for Harry to die for PR reasons could be the reason he gets killed, adding tragedy for numerous reasons since Osborn is purified and Harry has no obligation to save him but does so because we see earlier it can deflect the Centipedes or such

If Harry was going to die, at least that would have a bit more weight and tragedy to it then what we got, also realized the two major deaths in the finale were both done by the person throwing themselves in front of someone, which is kinda lazy, but at least Boomerang's made sense since he felt bad for double crossing and whatnot.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Was thinking about it and yknow was a really missed opportunity to not have Harry show up in the American Son armor for the finale in #74.

- Was something uniquely tied to BND Harry and one of the better stories centered around him
    - Doesn't just become a repeat of the Slott finale with him rolling in on the glider and using Goblin gear
    - Gabriel was the last person to use it, attacking Harry in it, so roles would be reversed
    - The intended-to-fail flaw of the armor put in by Norman for Harry to die for PR reasons could be the reason he gets killed, adding tragedy for numerous reasons since Osborn is purified and Harry has no obligation to save him but does so because we see earlier it can deflect the Centipedes or such

If Harry was going to die, at least that would have a bit more weight and tragedy to it then what we got, also realized the two major deaths in the finale were both done by the person throwing themselves in front of someone, which is kinda lazy, but at least Boomerang's made sense since he felt bad for double crossing and whatnot.
    I like the idea, but with how everything became a cavalcade of badly constructed twists I wonder just how they could've used the American Son armor there without opening another can of worms.

I thought that at the very least Harry should have put the Goblin mail on. Yeah, sure, you guys want to off him, but then it feels like the centipedes are strong enough to tear the protection (since in some recent runs they said it's not just a costume but it has some degree of protective wear on it) so it doesn't feel like he's making his demise easier.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    I like the idea, but with how everything became a cavalcade of badly constructed twists I wonder just how they could've used the American Son armor there without opening another can of worms.

I thought that at the very least Harry should have put the Goblin mail on. Yeah, sure, you guys want to off him, but then it feels like the centipedes are strong enough to tear the protection (since in some recent runs they said it's not just a costume but it has some degree of protective wear on it) so it doesn't feel like he's making his demise easier.
    The armor could've just been in that hidden vault Harry had, it was constantly teased and shown to us without really any reason since we already knew he had the gear from the end of Slott's run.

Yeah, I wouldn't of been opposed to him showing up with the GG gear, or some modified version he personally made.

I decided to write a bit about the first time Harry came back from the dead.

Yes, the first time.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

J.M. DeMatteis talks a bit about Harry during this interview:

I really like that he's always giving out long, thoughtful interviews like that.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.