Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I wonder if part of the appeal of Harry is the fact that he's often written out of the book for long periods of time. He usually has a big send off and when he returns it's part of a larger (and longer) storyline until he's written out again.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Incredible Member

Black Goblin.jpg

Been re-reading "Spider-Man: Life Story" and I've gotta say this "Black Goblin" costume is growing on me.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    Black Goblin.jpg

Been re-reading "Spider-Man: Life Story" and I've gotta say this "Black Goblin" costume is growing on me.
    Same. It was a good take on Harry attempting to succeed his father without retreading the Green Goblin or Hobgoblin identities.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I strongly suspect that the most recent arc will end with no explanation as to what post-BND Harry actually is (clone? magic? A soul-split-in-two story?) and I feel like they're running out of time to explain it. My only hope is that Nick Spencer did actually read "A Matter of Trust" (JMD's post-BND story about how Harry and Peter repair their relationship) and paid attention to the ending.

Image3.jpg

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    I strongly suspect that the most recent arc will end with no explanation as to what post-BND Harry actually is (clone? magic? A soul-split-in-two story?) and I feel like they're running out of time to explain it. My only hope is that Nick Spencer did actually read "A Matter of Trust" (JMD's post-BND story about how Harry and Peter repair their relationship) and paid attention to the ending.

Image3.jpg
    If Kindred was the evil of Harry's soul, it'd be a interesting explination, also basically like the first story of Parker getting split and the Sins expelled from people, as well as Harry doing to Norman what was done to him.

I'd like something like that instead of "BND Harry is a clone" because it's so awful to throw away the past nearly two decades of stories with Harry as illegitimate.

Astonishing Member

I still don't get why people keep ignoring one key component here. Norman was freed from the Green Goblin, so... WHERE THE HECK IS THE GREEN GOBLIN?!!

When Martin Lee and Mr Negative were separated, Mr Negative was on the loose after Sin-Eaters' defeat. If that's what happened to the Green Goblin too, where the Hell is it now? How is it possible it didn't appear in this whole mess of Kindred still?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    If Kindred was the evil of Harry's soul, it'd be a interesting explination, also basically like the first story of Parker getting split and the Sins expelled from people, as well as Harry doing to Norman what was done to him.

I'd like something like that instead of "BND Harry is a clone" because it's so awful to throw away the past nearly two decades of stories with Harry as illegitimate.

That's my hope because there were so many wonderful moments post-BND. Nothing flashy even, just pleasing little snapshots of a reformed supervillain living his life and generally doing well.

tumblr_1c7d2da646736709ef2b5b6ca6d35bef_6d915408_640.jpg

harry being a dad 4.jpg

Image1.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I still don't get why people keep ignoring one key component here. Norman was freed from the Green Goblin, so... WHERE THE HECK IS THE GREEN GOBLIN?!!

When Martin Lee and Mr Negative were separated, Mr Negative was on the loose after Sin-Eaters' defeat. If that's what happened to the Green Goblin too, where the Hell is it now? How is it possible it didn't appear in this whole mess of Kindred still?
    I think he's still in that weird demon-looking floaty sin form.I think they address it

Harry walks away from his evil dad, for good!

tumblr_n78e8gHW8q1rbbbxbo1_r1_500.jpg

galaxy-quest-shirtless.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    Harry walks away from his evil dad, for good!

tumblr_n78e8gHW8q1rbbbxbo1_r1_500.jpg

galaxy-quest-shirtless.jpg
    American Son was pretty good, at least for BND. While I wish Spider-Man had gotten more to do in Dark Reign overall, it was definitely worthwhile to see Harry finally realize what a POS Norman was.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

So how long before we get to see good Harry again, and has he seen Normie or have we addressed his...is it a daughter...that he had with the crazy ex?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    So how long before we get to see good Harry again, and has he seen Normie or have we addressed his...is it a daughter...that he had with the crazy ex?
    By the end of the last run, Harry had gotten back together with Liz and was raising both Normie and baby Stanley with her. Haven't seen Stanley since, though, especially not in light of the revelation that Harry's mother was alive all along, even if nothing's been done with that since. Maybe they'll retcon her into one of the Chameleons introduced in The Chameleon Conspiracy.

Mighty Member

You gotta wonder how in a chunk of adaptations how Harry is often a put together guy rather than the dweebish looking guy he is...

Also I'd say he's the posterchild for Peter's friends who are the same age as him having children and being clearly in their mid 30's over the early 20's that they want to keep Peter in...How old is Normie supposed to be again?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    You gotta wonder how in a chunk of adaptations how Harry is often a put together guy rather than the dweebish looking guy he is...

Also I'd say he's the posterchild for Peter's friends who are the same age as him having children and being clearly in their mid 30's over the early 20's that they want to keep Peter in...How old is Normie supposed to be again?
    By now, around 8-10. And technically, Peter's "supposed" to be in his mid-20s, maybe late 20s if Marvel's willing to push it.

Peter Parker is either 28 or 29 years old based on his return opening dialogue in 2015. So Normie can be 8 I guess if you want to stretch it
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy