Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Peter Parker is either 28 or 29 years old based on his return opening dialogue in 2015. So Normie can be 8 I guess if you want to stretch it
    That’s pretty much where I place Peter at, in age. 27 or 28 years old. Miles is 17 right? A nice ten year gap between the two Spiders. Since Ben was “dead” for a while, I tend to imagine that he is at least physical one or two years younger than Peter physically.

But yeah, I place Peter, Harry, Betty, Flash, etc, all in that age bracket. 27-28. Harry having children, really puts some age on him and Norman, at least in stories. I don’t know why but I always tend to think of a Norman in his late 50s.
    Last edited by Blanks; 08-12-2021 at 12:23 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    That’s pretty much where I place Peter at, in age. 27 or 28 years old. Miles is 17 right? A nice ten year gap between the two Spiders. Since Ben was “dead” for a while, I tend to imagine that he is at least physical one or two years younger than Peter physically.

But yeah, I place Peter, Harry, Betty, Flash, etc, all in that age bracket. 27-28. Harry having children, really puts some age on him and Norman, at least in stories. I don’t know why but I always tend to think of a Norman in his late 50s.
    Funny enough, he's stated to at least be in his mid-50s in Marvel Knights Spider-Man #1-12 by Mark Millar. At least, that's where I recall an actual canonical reference to his in-universe age being made.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Harry having children, really puts some age on him and Norman, at least in stories. I don’t know why but I always tend to think of a Norman in his late 50s.
    Not trying to be disrespectful or start a problem, but I never understood this point of view. Maybe it’s because I grew up in a predominantly Jewish neighborhood (I live in Rego Park/Forest Hills) and most of the people I went to school with were already married by 21-23 and had children before 25. I’m 36 now and most of the people I went to school are already on their third child or their children are close to 10-12 years of age.

Afain; not trying to spark a war or he a jerk. I just dont understand this point of view on age and children.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Not trying to be disrespectful or start a problem, but I never understood this point of view. Maybe it’s because I grew up in a predominantly Jewish neighborhood (I live in Rego Park/Forest Hills) and most of the people I went to school with were already married by 21-23 and had children before 25. I’m 36 now and most of the people I went to school are already on their third child or their children are close to 10-12 years of age.

Afain; not trying to spark a war or he a jerk. I just dont understand this point of view on age and children.
    That's a fair point, and hell, Forest Hills was where Peter Parker in the comics grew up, too, so . . .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post

I was mainly referring to it in a fictional standpoint. To keep Peter’s main cast pretty much ageless, forever stuck at the 27-28 age range, they’ve allowed lil Normie to age. It’s gonna be very weird if they continue to age Normie into a teenager with Peter, Harry and cast still stuck at 27-29. Heck, eceb Luke Cages daughter is not… what? 3-4? But Luke nor Jessica have aged, lol.

But I get what you were saying too.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Funny enough, he's stated to at least be in his mid-50s in Marvel Knights Spider-Man #1-12 by Mark Millar. At least, that's where I recall an actual canonical reference to his in-universe age being made.
    Makes sense. I need to dig those issues out. I miss that run. That was a good story.

I remember Peter is supposed to be Normie's godfather, come to think of it. (Not that he spends much time with the kid...)

Makes sense. I need to dig those issues out. I miss that run. That was a good story.
    Sure was.

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    I remember Peter is supposed to be Normie's godfather, come to think of it. (Not that he spends much time with the kid...)
    Which is a shame. Hoping that'll change somewhat after the whole situation in Absolute Carnage and now with Kindred.

Astonishing Member

I've been reading Marvel's silver age and I'm up to Spidey's college freshman year. Didn't Harry was first introduced as a Flash Thompson clone. I thought they were buddies from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I've been reading Marvel's silver age and I'm up to Spidey's college freshman year. Didn't Harry was first introduced as a Flash Thompson clone. I thought they were buddies from the beginning.
    Yeah, it took a while for Harry to warm up to Peter, mainly because in Harry's first appearance, he was pissed that Peter was seemingly ignoring him (and Gwen), which was really due to Peter learning from his Aunt May's doctor that she had fallen sick with radiation poisoning (from his "radioactive spider-blood" in an earlier transfusion) and understandably being consumed with guilt and fear over losing another parental figure after Uncle Ben to the point he effectively sleepwalked through his first day(s) in college.

The real Harry doing what he does best, Being Incredibly Depressed

Image30.jpg

Last year I found myself in possession of a JM DeMatteis Harry Osborn story that I don't think ever made it to any official comic-buying channels. It's called "The Heartless Man." Here's a few pics of it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

That feel when you've loved a character for 15+ years and then it turns out he was behind some very evil-sounding cloning scheme, except it's so convoluted you can't tell what version of said favourite character was involved or what actually happened.

I still don't know.

Extraordinary Member

I feel this, even worse that he has a small fanbase, so not like writers will care enough to make a change. Harry has a small fanbase these days.Like I liked the character Pre-OMD,like one of the best supporting cast in comics for me. But I can't bring myself to care about him in BND, any others who fell like this? and if so why?I can't put my finger on it.

Tbf it's still him so the character is there, so fans of BND Harry should be fine(if he dies in 74, this won't age well), and the story is worth it imo.Here's hoping 74 shows what happened to Harry soul.

He did have a massive fanbase at one point, they're just very scattered about!

Honestly I don't even mind if BND Harry dies, as long as he gets his soul back. I'm so VERY confused about which Harrys comitted which evil acts, I assume the AI Harry and Kindred are mostly responsible for the twins but I'm completely lost as to what the twins even are.