Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    He did have a massive fanbase at one point, they're just very scattered about!

Honestly I don't even mind if BND Harry dies, as long as he gets his soul back. I'm so VERY confused about which Harrys comitted which evil acts, I assume the AI Harry and Kindred are mostly responsible for the twins but I'm completely lost as to what the twins even are.
    Good to know

Also does he have a soul already as a clone.And is that harry's soul for BND Harry.They are both good people but very different imo

Did they say this BND Harry is a clone ?

Quote Originally Posted by Krec99 View Post
    Did they say this BND Harry is a clone ?
    Actually, come to think of it, no... It's heavily implied but there could be some other explanation.

Actually, come to think of it, no... It's heavily implied but there could be some other explanation.
    It's implied. Harry says, that he couldn't get back, and we see that ambulance where he died.
    Yet, he still have memories of everything, so it's either a) Clone with Mysterio's Hypnosis b) Clone with originals soul, because Clone Conspiracy.

I hope for the second option, but then who Kindred is?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    It's implied. Harry says, that he couldn't get back, and we see that ambulance where he died.
    Yet, he still have memories of everything, so it's either a) Clone with Mysterio's Hypnosis b) Clone with originals soul, because Clone Conspiracy.

I hope for the second option, but then who Kindred is?
    I think AI Harry can pull of everything Kindred did.All we need is an explanation to the supernatural elements.
    As in the sins stuff and bringing people back from the dead.The latter could be done via tech, even Joker pulled it off in Joker wars.The former has to be magic, I don't think Mysterio or any tech could do that.

If anyone is interested I went over the preview, which as you may know features Harry pretty heavily, panel by panel and wrote down some thoughts.

If anyone is interested I went over the preview, which as you may know features Harry pretty heavily, panel by panel and wrote down some thoughts.
    Good stuff here

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

If nothing else this will help get the taste of the utterly nonsensical ASM #73 out of my mouth.
    True words there.
    Anyone knew Marvel could get away with murder to retcon Sins Past, but they shouldn't have literally acted the part.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    True words there.
    Anyone knew Marvel could get away with murder to retcon Sins Past, but they shouldn't have literally acted the part.
    Why do we hate 73 again?
    Genuinely curious, because I though people were just confused.

I have a question, for people who appreciate Harry Osborn. Why do You think, he's such a good friend and appealing character overall?

I like Harry a bit, but I don't understand why he's held in such high regard by so many people, or why exactly he is considered Peter's best friend. To me, he seemed more like an unstable person, throwing hissy fits at Peter. Sure he saved him from a bomb...which he planted himself.

I would love to hear opinions of Harry's fans

Extraordinary Member

I have a question, for people who appreciate Harry Osborn. Why do You think, he's such a good friend and appealing character overall?

I like Harry a bit, but I don't understand why he's held in such high regard by so many people, or why exactly he is considered Peter's best friend. To me, he seemed more like an unstable person, throwing hissy fits at Peter. Sure he saved him from a bomb...which he planted himself.

Cosigned, I would also like to know about all this.Been a while since I've read the og runs w/ him.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Why do we hate 73 again?
    Genuinely curious, because I though people were just confused.
    Hate's a strong word, but nonsensical fits. Besides the whole timeline not matching up (CyberStromm when he was The European Gaunt™, as it were), it's basically Harry going back to the well one too many times for reasons that barely seem to fit - having to excuse him going "dad will be back! I know it!" just 'because he's crazy' is particularly lousy, and we also had him going on about "making his dad's past mistakes haunt him" which rode against his Goblin persona.

And then Mephisto reframes it in #74 as just him merely trying to get under Peter's skin again, which makes his "past mistakes catching up to you!" statement void. Because he didn't believe his father murdered Gwen, that's the founding stone of JDM's Goblin Harry, so he's not trying to hurt him, but he's acknowledging it's his fault, so he can make him proud, because he's crazy... see how it ends up working? Like a particularly lousy catch all.

Hmm, so I've been pondering this. I think the answer really comes down to -

- I was also an unstable person. Really full on, "a medical professional should probably get involved" type of unstable. At one point I almost stopped eating because the “voices”/intrusive thoughts in my head were telling me to. I thought there was a high chance some of the people around me were the devil or possessed by the devil, trying to get me to drop my various self-harming rituals and thus kill my loved ones. Geez there was a lot of devil/demon/you-secretly-must-be-evil stuff. (It was OCD, btw, and turns out it is treatable. Hooray!)

ANYWAY, at around this point the Raimi trilogy was coming out and I picked up some of the comics. I still think, I was really lucky to encounter a character with a mental illness who wasn’t demonized just as I was going through it myself. The non-demonization was the really staggering thing to me. Harry was clearly not well mentally, alienating and scaring people, he wasn’t a superhero, he wasn’t even physically attractive (ditto) and yet everyone liked him. Peter loved him, even. (There ya go, the secret origin of this blog.) Not only that, Peter and the narrative made it clear on more than one occasion that Harry was ill rather than evil.

tumblr_4f501e1fffa0c8542287dcdbb41095af_bcee1324_540.jpg

I was totally AWED by this and thought “This is a thing? People will still like you even if you’re mentally ill?" And ever since then I was fascinated. I love redemption stories and I didn't actually mind that Harry died, but I was also pleased to see that after he came back from the dead, he just... Got on with things. Settled down and was a good father and tried to help his friends out.

........and then he was a demon all of a sudden, aw crap.

And well that's more or less the story. I think other people who've been through similar things relate to Harry in similar ways. Plus the parental abuse/addiction aspects of his storyline can be very relatable as well.

Anyway within the past few months it has slowly dawned on me what a spectacularly dumb idea it is to get attached to a character whose personality can change as soon as new writer comes along. No-one spoil me for whatever horrible thing happens in #74 please...

- I was also an unstable person. Really full on, "a medical professional should probably get involved" type of unstable. At one point I almost stopped eating because the “voices”/intrusive thoughts in my head were telling me to. I thought there was a high chance some of the people around me were the devil or possessed by the devil, trying to get me to drop my various self-harming rituals and thus kill my loved ones. Geez there was a lot of devil/demon/you-secretly-must-be-evil stuff. (It was OCD, btw, and turns out it is treatable. Hooray!)

ANYWAY, at around this point the Raimi trilogy was coming out and I picked up some of the comics. I still think, I was really lucky to encounter a character with a mental illness who wasn’t demonized just as I was going through it myself. The non-demonization was the really staggering thing to me. Harry was clearly not well mentally, alienating and scaring people, he wasn’t a superhero, he wasn’t even physically attractive (ditto) and yet everyone liked him. Peter loved him, even. (There ya go, the secret origin of this blog.) Not only that, Peter and the narrative made it clear on more than one occasion that Harry was ill rather than evil.

I was totally AWED by this and thought “This is a thing? People will still like you even if you’re mentally ill?" And ever since then I was fascinated. I love redemption stories and I didn't actually mind that Harry died, but I was also pleased to see that after he came back from the dead, he just... Got on with things. Settled down and was a good father and tried to help his friends out.

And well that's more or less the story. I think other people who've been through similar things relate to Harry in similar ways. Plus the parental abuse/addiction aspects of his storyline can be very relatable as well.

Anyway within the past few months it has slowly dawned on me what a spectacularly dumb idea it is to get attached to a character whose personality can change as soon as new writer comes along. No-one spoil me for whatever horrible thing happens in #74 please...
    Thank You for sharing your viewpoint, I really appreciate it.
    I can kind of relate to the problems of the mind, I fought depression episodes my entire life, but I guess I've never really looked at Harry this way.
    Maybe it's because I've mostly read stories where he became obsessed with revenge, or the ones where he moved past his problems - Slots run, so I dont have the entire view of his journey.

I guess this Kindred stuff, depending on the ending, can hit his fans really hard...

Extraordinary Member

I don't want to say I've dealt w/ depression because I haven't consulted and don't know how serious the real deal is but I get the appeal from a relatability standpoint.Thanks a lot.
    Have to say, the character attachment thing goes for all of them, it sucks but ignorance is bliss.
    Not spoiling anything but what they did w/ Harry is not horrible, in fact I feel it's great.It honors the character in a way that seems fit, specially from the relatability prespective.It clears stuff up and I think you may be mistaken about Kindred and harry, ofc we don't have all the details even w/ spoilers but I think a lot of people are confused(and rightfully so) about things that will be made clearer in 74.