Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Just the ones that were changed out of spite due to the Fox movie deal (or Dan Slott) Wanda, Pietro, Franklin, Toro and Squirrel Girl. (Although, to be fair I don't really care that much about Toro or Squirrel Girl.)

Characters like Spider-man, Daredevil and the FF already have iconic origins. Turning them into mutants wouldn't make them more interesting, more likely just more convoluted. (We already have a stupid magic spider totem tacked onto the Spider-man origin.)
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Poppasez View Post
    Living Lightning and Spectrum and Moondragon. It would be interesting to see how these longtime Avenger characters reacted to finding out they are mutants

Hell get rid of mutates all together and go back and explain anyone getting powers is due to

Mutant

Inhuman

God/Eternal/Deviant

Atlantean

Alien

Magic

Example Fantastic Four. Reed Latent Inhuman. Johnny and Sue mutants. Ben Deviant genes
    I' m actually cool with Spectrum being a mutant. During her time leading Nextwave, we saw a young Monica using her powers to kill her dog, which totally goes against her origin story.

It would be interesting to see Xavier using his mental powers to control a young Monica's mutant powers
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Living Lightning and Spectrum and Moondragon. It would be interesting to see how these longtime Avenger characters reacted to finding out they are mutants

Hell get rid of mutates all together and go back and explain anyone getting powers is due to

Mutant

Inhuman

God/Eternal/Deviant

Atlantean

Alien

Magic

Example Fantastic Four. Reed Latent Inhuman. Johnny and Sue mutants. Ben Deviant genes
    Yes and no. Sure there's a long list of characters that'd make more sense as Mutants, but also some that actually have a proper origin that's not that.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Just the ones that were changed out of spite due to the Fox movie deal (or Dan Slott) Wanda, Pietro, Franklin, Toro and Squirrel Girl. (Although, to be fair I don't really care that much about Toro or Squirrel Girl.)

Characters like Spider-man, Daredevil and the FF already have iconic origins. Turning them into mutants wouldn't make them more interesting, more likely just more convoluted. (We already have a stupid magic spider totem tacked onto the Spider-man origin.)
    At least with Daredevil, the idea of radioactive chemicals blinding him but somehow amplifying his other remaining senses to superhuman levels of sharpness and acuity . . . that's either a latent X-gene manifestation, or those chemicals could be retconned as having been components in a super-soldier formula, maybe trying to duplicate Wolverine's supersensory powers for Weapon Plus (or X). As for Spider-Man, the spider that bit Peter Parker all those years ago could be a Weapon Plus offshoot, too, given that one of them was experimenting with (or on) animals at one point. Then again, I generally figure Weapon Plus is a decent way to retcon in a connection with the X-Men without necessarily making the characters mutants, like what happened with Captain America's Project Rebirth being retroactively folded into or coopted by Weapon Plus and re-designated as "Weapon I."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    At least with Daredevil, the idea of radioactive chemicals blinding him but somehow amplifying his other remaining senses to superhuman levels of sharpness and acuity . . . that's either a latent X-gene manifestation, or those chemicals could be retconned as having been components in a super-soldier formula, maybe trying to duplicate Wolverine's supersensory powers for Weapon Plus (or X). As for Spider-Man, the spider that bit Peter Parker all those years ago could be a Weapon Plus offshoot, too, given that one of them was experimenting with (or on) animals at one point. Then again, I generally figure Weapon Plus is a decent way to retcon in a connection with the X-Men without necessarily making the characters mutants, like what happened with Captain America's Project Rebirth being retroactively folded into or coopted by Weapon Plus and re-designated as "Weapon I."
    Or it was a shipment that included an MGH precursor?

Amazing Member

And most of those could be that outside sources activated the latent genes of which ever race they were. Just would make it interesting if established hero's had to suddenly deal with fallout of associated issues with assigned heritage

And most of those could be that outside sources activated the latent genes of which ever race they were. Just would make it interesting if established hero's had to suddenly deal with fallout of associated issues with assigned heritage
    They've done that with some teen heroes. It was a big part of Ultra-girl's story.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Or it was a shipment that included an MGH precursor?
    Mutant Growth Hormone? That's a good one, too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post

Toro is one that royally pissed me off...he is quite literally referred to in a story as a mutant by The Thinker. I would think a guy that smart knows the difference between an X-Gene and an Inhuman Gene.

They've done that with some teen heroes. It was a big part of Ultra-girl's story.
    They never really defined her clearly. I always thought an interesting story for her would be that she was part of a breeding program carried out by Pink Kree who kidnapped Earth Mutants throughout the 20th century and bred them with Pink Kree to bring about their 'savior'.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 08-11-2021 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    They never really defined her clearly. I always thought an interesting story for her would be that she was part of a breeding program carried out by Pink Kree who kidnapped Earth Mutants throughout the 20th century and bred them with Pink Kree to bring about their 'savior'.
    Yeah, Tsu-Zana's a weird case. She's the only known V-factor mutant. and yeah, that's NOT an error, as it was a Sentinel that specified she wasn't an X-factor mutant. What? Yeah... never explained, but explicitly stated. Also she may or may not be genetically part Human. That or she's culturally Human... again.. a bit vague.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Toro is one that royally pissed me off...he is quite literally referred to in a story as a mutant by The Thinker. I would think a guy that smart knows the difference between an X-Gene and an Inhuman Gene.

Yeah, Tsu-Zana's a weird case. She's the only known V-factor mutant. and yeah, that's NOT an error, as it was a Sentinel that specified she wasn't an X-factor mutant. What? Yeah... never explained, but explicitly stated. Also she may or may not be genetically part Human. That or she's culturally Human... again.. a bit vague.
    What even is a "V-factor" and how is it meaningfully distinct from an "X-factor"? Then again, given the idea that Tsu-Zana/Suzy Sherman was the end product of some kind of experiment in hybridizing Earth mutants with Pink Kree, that might be where the "V-factor" comes from.

What even is a "V-factor" and how is it meaningfully distinct from an "X-factor"? Then again, given the idea that Tsu-Zana/Suzy Sherman was the end product of some kind of experiment in hybridizing Earth mutants with Pink Kree, that might be where the "V-factor" comes from.
    Yeah, the only reasonable guess seems to be that she's a Mutant Kree somehow. Either way it's a Sentinel trying to analyze Kree DNA... hard to guess if that worked right.

Yeah, the only reasonable guess seems to be that she's a Mutant Kree somehow. Either way it's a Sentinel trying to analyze Kree DNA... hard to guess if that worked right.
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyP View Post
    Yeah, considering her powers included making "psionic webs" and she was part of Freedom Force, which was basically Mystique's Brotherhood strong-armed into working for the U.S. government, she could make sense as a mutant. Then again, if a radioactive spider bite could give Peter Parker a quasi-psychic radar for imminent danger to his person, why not an injection of super-serum made from plant extracts and spider venom giving her psi-webs? Then again, it's my pet theory that all her spider-powers are psionic, using a telekinetic field reinforcing her body for superhuman feats of strength and speed and sticking her to whatever surface she touches, with the "psi-webs" also functioning similarly to real spider webs in that she can extend them invisibly from her person to detect (potentially dangerous) movements in her vicinity.

Extraordinary Member

And this is why I keep saying They need to bring back something like Marvel Fanfare or Marvel Spotlight to tell stories of these little used characters.