Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Puma and Nocturne

Attachment 112065

I love seeing those two teaming-up together. They would make great addition to the X-Men in my eyes.
    How would that work when there is an even more popular Nocturne despite not being 616? Wouldn't that create some confusion?

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Turn the super-geniuses turned into low level reality warpers who can manipulate the laws of physics to make their ridiculous “inventions” work. Or whatever Forge and Whiz Kid power set is called. Or at least the genius kids should be - Valeria, the Braddock kid, Lunella, Amadeus Cho, etc. They all seem to exhibit intuitive knowledge that doesn’t come from actual scientific study or training.

Karnak since he has a superhuman skill that could not realistically be learned but never went through terrorgenocide.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Turn the super-geniuses turned into low level reality warpers who can manipulate the laws of physics to make their ridiculous “inventions” work. Or whatever Forge and Whiz Kid power set is called. Or at least the genius kids should be - Valeria, the Braddock kid, Lunella, Amadeus Cho, etc. They all seem to exhibit intuitive knowledge that doesn’t come from actual scientific study or training.

Karnak since he has a superhuman skill that could not realistically be learned but never went through terrorgenocide.
    Valeria's case could be a form of precognition. She certainly does have a lot of training but does... weird stuff when improvising..

Um yeah Terrigenesis is pretty weird in what it can do. Karnak has powers that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    What for? What would it mean? Is it becoming a member of some aristocracy of super-heroes? The reaction of the others to this new “status”? Being “feared and hunted” when it was not the case previously? I think this last case would be interesting but difficult to write… Most of super-heroes have been well established for a long time and changing what they are would bring nothing but confusion.

So, for me, no one. Except maybe a new one, especially created for this case.
    The reason? Fun.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post

I honestly like this idea. I mean Beast's intellect is link to his mutation as well, so it would make sense honestly. And yeah let's get Karnak up in this!

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Valeria's case could be a form of precognition. She certainly does have a lot of training but does... weird stuff when improvising..

Um yeah Terrigenesis is pretty weird in what it can do. Karnak has powers that's for sure.
    Oh yeah, give Val some love!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    The reason? Fun.
    We could all use some of it now and then!

Very X-cited Member TheMutantTheorist's Avatar

All ex'mutants who I like to consider victims of Wandas second M-Day because of their mutant status being stripped because of the MCU mutant debate include Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Luminous, Wiccan, Speed, Luna Maximoff, Cloak, Dagger, Squirrel Girl, and Franklin Richards. But ofc id like some humans like Valeria Richards, Graydon Creed, and children of mutates to be mutants cuz technically that's how mutation works, and almost every time a mutate has a child they are mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    The reason? Fun.
    So, you must have imagined a fun story that comes along with this idea… I mean a fun story for the reader not for the character. Wanda didn’t handle well the “Gosh, my father is Magneto, no it’s not Magneto, could it be Magneto?” Identity crises aren’t supposed to be fun… well, if it’s done realistically.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    How would that work when there is an even more popular Nocturne despite not being 616? Wouldn't that create some confusion?
    there have been four guys with the name "Daniel" in my elementary school. lol we found ways to figure out about which one we spoke. ;-)

So, you must have imagined a fun story that comes along with this idea… I mean a fun story for the reader not for the character. Wanda didn’t handle well the “Gosh, my father is Magneto, no it’s not Magneto, could it be Magneto?” Identity crises aren’t supposed to be fun… well, if it’s done realistically.
    Wanda isn't real. she handles things the way people write her to handle them.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Stories that aren’t plausible are bad stories. Why would they matter?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Mettle and maybe Hazmat, it would fit them with how their powers manifested. I love that Hazmat is given some love in Captain Marvel series, but I'd love more to see Mettle being reborn on Krakoa, AA did him dirty.

Blade. It’s the only logical explanation, otherwise they’d have been able to replicate the process that created him and made him special (i.e., a daywalker). Dracula and the Vampire Nation would’ve just taken a bunch of pregnant women and started biting them so their offspring would be daywalkers too, creating a superior class of vampire. Clearly there had to be something more going on with Blade genetically that allowed for his unique vampire “mutation.”

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Stories that aren’t plausible are bad stories. Why would they matter?
    Stories are supposed to be plausible given the rules of the world in which they happen, for example, in our world it would be completely crazy to get powers from being bitten by a spider and yet it works in the MU because those kinds of things happen there.

Something like finding out you have a different birth family is not at all implausible in our world or the MU world and in marvel case it can be used to explore the characters and concepts like found family vs blood family, etc.

Narratives don´t have to be always "fun" for the character to be an interesting story to the readers, that´s why there are heroic stories, tragic stories, fun stories,etc and they matter in the sense that they are part of the character narrative so readers interested in them can follow their tales.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-02-2021 at 07:19 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Mettle and maybe Hazmat, it would fit them with how their powers manifested. I love that Hazmat is given some love in Captain Marvel series, but I'd love more to see Mettle being reborn on Krakoa, AA did him dirty.
    Agreed. Mettle seemed like a neat new character, and surprisingly well-adjusted considering how his transformation changed his life (no more hippy Hawaiian surfer-bum lifestyle for giant-hunk-of-metal-lad!).

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    There are things even in fiction that don't make sense if they don't add up to what has been written before. That's why world building is so important. Establishing personalities, history and rules. Making the world feel immersive. Comics can sometimes feel the opposite. They feel like modern writers like to just destroy everything. Nothing really matters, but the shock of events to make money.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 08-02-2021 at 07:22 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.