Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Which human heroes would you want retconned into mutants?

Let’s say Marvel decides to pull a reverse Maximoffs scenario and reveal that a character unaffiliated with x-men has actually been a mutant their whole life without even knowing. Who would you want it to be and how would you want the retcon to play out?
    Last edited by Dipter; 07-31-2021 at 11:23 AM.

Spectacular Member

Just the Maximoffs going back to being mutants. The retcon really seemed to hurt Pietro a lot.

Astonishing Member

Spider-Man

Astonishing Member

Ditto for Pietro and Wanda as well as Cloak and Dagger.

What does human mean in this case? Someone who has powers that they didn't realize were actually due to mutation? Or someone who thought that they had trained themselves to peak human condition but actually they're just mutants? I guess I'd be more amiable to the former, I think the latter would largely hurt the character.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Ditto for Pietro and Wanda as well as Cloak and Dagger.
    Cloak and Dagger are a must, especially since their last title had them listed as mutants on it but not within the actually book.

Diamondback, who hung out with Domino in her series, needs to become a mutant.

Cloak and Dagger period it makes no darn sense why they are not mutants

Wanda and Pietro don't need to be mutants

Wanda, Pietro, Frankling Richards, Tommy and Billy, Squirel Girl....

And Spiderman, cause let's just stop pretending he isn't basically one.

Diamond Back, Khamala Khan (Who frankly could use a better group to be associated these days), Miles Morales (Same reasons as Spidey).

As for the how. Just have someone drop a line that this power got activated because of the x-gene. There doesn't need to be a big uproar.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Wanda, Pietro, Frankling Richards, Tommy and Billy, Squirel Girl....

Squirrel Girl has long since been confirmed to be a mutant.

There are several heroes and villains who have long been speculated to be mutants, but they are yet to be confirmed.

The Maximoffs, their kids, and Echo.

Astonishing Member

So Franklin Richards isn't a mutant now? I don't mind retcons but I hate it when it contradicts continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Squirrel Girl has long since been confirmed to be a mutant.
    They retconed her like Wanda and Pietro. Her mother said they tested her or something like that. She hasn't been a mutant since.

So Franklin Richards isn't a mutant now? I don't mind retcons but I hate it when it contradicts continuity.
    Some people speculate that it will be undone at some point and its only there to give the FF freedom from whatever Hickman's era does to mutants for the moment. I'm more cynical though and feel they just want to keep the franchises seperate.

The explanation was that Franklin's reality powers made him trick himself and the world he was a mutant. It's all very dumb.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Blame the current writer of the Fantastic Four for that one, which happened somewhere around issue 25, if I'm not mistaken. That aside, since Spider-Man (Peter Parker and Miles Morales) and Cloak and Dagger were already cited, I'd throw in Julia Carpenter/Spider-Woman II/Arachne/Madame Web II, since psionic webs would make more sense as a mutant power and not coming from a spider venom/herbal extract serum. Come to think of it, if you go by the Celestials creating the Eternals and Deviants in the same experiments that also gave proto-humans the X-gene and the general potential to manifest superhuman abilities and attributes, could just say any nonmutant superhumans were really latent mutants who happened to have their powers activated by external factors like exposure to radiation as opposed to an internal biological reaction like would "normally" be the case. Then we could get into another bit of in-universe social stratification wherein mutants whose powers activated "naturally" might consider themselves somewhat distinct from, if not even superior to, those whose powers were activated by external sources.
    The spider is always on the hunt.