Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Miles Morales or Spider-Girl, to give the spider-team an "official" mutant on the team. So far they've all been altered humans.
    Charlotte Witter could be retconned as psionic mutant given Spider powers by Doc Ock.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Isn't Juggernaut's whole point he's not a mutant? And Moon Girl already has an origin: she's an inhuman
    I shall confess I don't know much about Moon Girl, but I guess she was a genius before she went through Terrigenesis, didn't she? So I think it would be a good explanation for her high level intelligence that it is her mutant power.

And Juggernaut's father worked with Charles Xavier's and Alexander Riking's fathers in Alamogordo, in a nuclear testing facility connected to the Black Womb Project, that has researched for mutant genetics. The latter became mutants, so it would not be so strange that Cain Marko could be a latent mutant as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Sara's power would be a very similiar to Sage's power to analyze and jump-start latent mutant powers, so.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

What was his origin?
    Adam Brashear was a scientist working on a more efficient energy source using antimatter energy. An unknown mishap resulted in an explosion that turned him into a living antimatter battery, while turning his best friend, Conner Sims, who was present during the incident into a being of unstable antimatter energy. Several others died in the incident.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Miles Morales or Spider-Girl, to give the spider-team an "official" mutant on the team. So far they've all been altered humans.
    Speaking of Spider-Girl, if we're talking about Mayday Parker, she was speculated to be a mutant, as per her having inherited her dad Peter Parker's mutated DNA and thus been born with her powers, which first manifested in mid-adolescence similarly to how X-gene manifestations tended to occur. In fact, back during the Clone Saga when Mary Jane Watson(-Parker) was still pregnant, one of the Sentinels rampaging about during Onslaught detected "anomalous readings" or something like that from her fetus. Also, in Renew Your Vows, Spider-Man's daughter there, Anna-May "Annie" Parker, was sought out by Xavier of the X-Men so she could get training and support, even though she wasn't technically a mutant. As for Miles, while camouflage is an actual ability some spiders possess in real life, the bioelectrical "venom blast/strike" is somewhat harder to explain or rationalize as coming from a bioengineered spider bite. Then again, if Jessica Drew could get venom blasts from being injected with "radioactive spider-blood" serum . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetoBR View Post
    I shall confess I don't know much about Moon Girl, but I guess she was a genius before she went through Terrigenesis, didn't she? So I think it would be a good explanation for her high level intelligence that it is her mutant power.

And Juggernaut's father worked with Charles Xavier's and Alexander Riking's fathers in Alamogordo, in a nuclear testing facility connected to the Black Womb Project, that has researched for mutant genetics. The latter became mutants, so it would not be so strange that Cain Marko could be a latent mutant as well.
    I don't know how much of a genius MG was before Terrigenesis. But theoretically she could be mutant and Inhuman, right?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Adam Brashear was a scientist working on a more efficient energy source using antimatter energy. An unknown mishap resulted in an explosion that turned him into a living antimatter battery, while turning his best friend, Conner Sims, who was present during the incident into a being of unstable antimatter energy. Several others died in the incident.
    I guess with that origin he could be a mutant

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Speaking of Spider-Girl, if we're talking about Mayday Parker, she was speculated to be a mutant, as per her having inherited her dad Peter Parker's mutated DNA and thus been born with her powers, which first manifested in mid-adolescence similarly to how X-gene manifestations tended to occur. In fact, back during the Clone Saga when Mary Jane Watson(-Parker) was still pregnant, one of the Sentinels rampaging about during Onslaught detected "anomalous readings" or something like that from her fetus. Also, in Renew Your Vows, Spider-Man's daughter there, Anna-May "Annie" Parker, was sought out by Xavier of the X-Men so she could get training and support, even though she wasn't technically a mutant. As for Miles, while camouflage is an actual ability some spiders possess in real life, the bioelectrical "venom blast/strike" is somewhat harder to explain or rationalize as coming from a bioengineered spider bite. Then again, if Jessica Drew could get venom blasts from being injected with "radioactive spider-blood" serum . . .
    So can one only be a mutant with the specific X-gene, or does another gene from a superhero parent also count?

I don't know how much of a genius MG was before Terrigenesis. But theoretically she could be mutant and Inhuman, right?
    That's a really complicated one.... especially since Terrigen is often shown to be toxic to Mutants.
    I guess with that origin he could be a mutant
    Well you need some explanation for why he didn't just explode perhaps?
    So can one only be a mutant with the specific X-gene, or does another gene from a superhero parent also count?
    Well that Sentinel scene is most often taken to mean she was NOT a Mutant as the Sentinel is like "that's weird" but never said anything like "Mutant detected!" Which yeah... this goes back to why I keep using the word Mutant with a big M. It's a proper noun for a specific subspecies of (usually)Human in Marvel comics, it's NOT the dictionary definition. Usually it means that it's a character with an "X-Gene", but sometimes when not used to describe Humans the meaning varies from that.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 09-05-2021 at 04:05 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    That's a really complicated one.... especially since Terrigen is often shown to be toxic to Mutants.
    Isn't Terrigenesis hurting mutants more of a retcon to prop up IvX? Not sure why that was a thing otherwise. I think a mutant/inhuman mix could be interesting

Well you need some explanation for why he didn't just explode perhaps?
    Yeah.

Well that Sentinel scene is most often taken to mean she was NOT a Mutant as the Sentinel is like "that's weird" but never said anything like "Mutant detected!" Which yeah... this goes back to why I keep using the word Mutant with a big M. It's a proper noun for a specific subspecies of (usually)Human in Marvel comics, it's NOT the dictionary definition. Usually it means that it's a character with an "X-Gene", but sometimes when not used to describe Humans the meaning varies from that.
    Ok, so "Mutant" = "X-Gene", but "mutant" = "born with powers/ability to get powers", right?

BANNED

I am saying no on Miles Morales as well. He is a perfect Spiderman and the Spiderverse movie really elevated his character.

Would anyone ever have thought we would have maybe the best Spiderman movie where Peter Parker is not in the lead role. When it comes to changing or retconning characters, I really like it when nothing is changed about the Spiderman characters or x-men characters.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Sharon Ventura. Make it so the rocket accident actually triggered her mutation to become instinctively a female version of stronger beings . For the first incident she was close to The Thing therefore she became She-Thing. Doom turned her into a monster for a time. Her mutation could make her a She-Hulk, She-Colossus, She-Gorgon, etc. And she would learn to revert back to human form.
    This is nice. But she was actually powered by the Power Broker, before the rocket accident.
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetoBR View Post
    She was a genius, but attributing that to an X-Gene wouldn't work either. She actively avoided Terrigenesis because she knew she has Inhuman lineage. She was terrified about what it could do to her body. Even if she could be some sort of Mutant/Inhuman hybrid somehow, she'd have likely noticed, or found a way to determined, if she had an X-Gene before it activated. That would absolutely be something she'd keep an eye out for, given her fears.

Valeria would also be a hard sell, since she'd come into contact with the X-Men several times, and they would know if her X-Gene activated. Or she/her father would have been able to determine it long ago. She wouldn't have a reason to hide her mutation, she loves and accepts her brother for being a mutant, and given how she's insisted that her intelligence is a superpower, I don't see her wanting to pretend she isn't a mutant. Buuuuuut I suppose they could get away with her having an unactivated X-Gene and giving her a "proper" power later. She's about the right age to start developing powers.
    Last edited by Rift; 09-06-2021 at 08:51 AM.

All-New Member

Bruce Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    This is nice. But she was actually powered by the Power Broker, before the rocket accident.
    For sure. The power broker gave her the super strength but I’d make the mister forms her mutation.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Isn't Terrigenesis hurting mutants more of a retcon to prop up IvX? Not sure why that was a thing otherwise. I think a mutant/inhuman mix could be interesting
    That's where it get weird.... The first stories with Inhumans.... kinda stated that Terrigen was toxic to anyone NOT an Inhuman. It's kinda why Luna's birth was such a big deal.
    Ok, so "Mutant" = "X-Gene", but "mutant" = "born with powers/ability to get powers", right?
    Well.. the first one yes, but Marvel doesn't actually use the second definition.
    Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    Ah... but how? The idea of making someone a Mutant by adding an X-Gene sorta works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    She was a genius, but attributing that to an X-Gene wouldn't work either. She actively avoided Terrigenesis because she knew she has Inhuman lineage. She was terrified about what it could do to her body. Even if she could be some sort of Mutant/Inhuman hybrid somehow, she'd have likely noticed, or found a way to determined, if she had an X-Gene before it activated. That would absolutely be something she'd keep an eye out for, given her fears.

Valeria would also be a hard sell, since she'd come into contact with the X-Men several times, and they would know if her X-Gene activated. Or she/her father would have been able to determine it long ago. She wouldn't have a reason to hide her mutation, she loves and accepts her brother for being a mutant, and given how she's insisted that her intelligence is a superpower, I don't see her wanting to pretend she isn't a mutant. Buuuuuut I suppose they could get away with her having an unactivated X-Gene and giving her a "proper" power later. She's about the right age to start developing powers.
    Well the possible future version where Valeria was "Marvel Girl" had a lot more powers than just being super intelligent... what kind of powers?

Well the possible future version where Valeria was "Marvel Girl" had a lot more powers than just being super intelligent... what kind of powers?
    Given Valeria's intelligence, and her relationship to Doom, I think she'd be a great magician. I'd prefer that over a mutation. But if she had a mutation, I'd prefer something that didn't overshadow her intelligence - maybe a naturally-passive power that she'll exploit like crazy. I'd say teleportation, but I don't want her stepping on Puppy's gimmick because I want him to come back.