Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would be interesting. Did you happen to enjoy Amazing Mary Jane when it was out?
    I did at the beginning but i started to get a little confused with the "real world" stuff vs. what was being filmed for the show which kind of threw me off. But i did greatly love the series that spinned out of Xmen 92 where MJ had powers and the one where she ended up sharing powers with peter via the suit but by the end had powers of her own. MJ has been a character i have always wanted to develope powers because i truly feel she just has the personality to hold it down in a book. The abrahms book was pretty good too i was so pleasantly surprised when MJ came back at the end and i loved that their son looked like MJ for once.

But then in general if i'm honest most stories involving Mysterio confuse me.Is he an all powerful being, is he a scientist, is he a low level telepath, a high level illusionist? i just don't get him.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I did at the beginning but i started to get a little confused with the "real world" stuff vs. what was being filmed for the show which kind of threw me off. But i did greatly love the series that spinned out of Xmen 92 where MJ had powers and the one where she ended up sharing powers with peter via the suit but by the end had powers of her own. MJ has been a character i have always wanted to develope powers because i truly feel she just has the personality to hold it down in a book. The abrahms book was pretty good too i was so pleasantly surprised when MJ came back at the end and i loved that their son looked like MJ for once.

But then in general if i'm honest most stories involving Mysterio confuse me.Is he an all powerful being, is he a scientist, is he a low level telepath, a high level illusionist? i just don't get him.
    Thinking about it further the only time i bought iron man was when MJ was featured in the book and even then i was hoping it would end with her getting powers. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

Besides those characters like Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Speed, Wiccan, Franklin Richards, Cloak and Dagger mentioned in the posts; the characters who should be retconned as mutants would be Hazmat, Mettle, Finesse and Striker. Some of the Avengers Academy kids had their origin stories which scream 'Latent Mutant'!
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Thinking about it further the only time i bought iron man was when MJ was featured in the book and even then i was hoping it would end with her getting powers. lol
    Understandable. As for Mysterio, he's a special effects expert who's gotten his hands on and/or invented advanced technology that makes his special effects incredibly realistic-seeming to the unsuspecting (human) eye. Sometimes, in some adaptations, he's been able to get his hands on outright magic or cosmic artifacts that have enabled him to escalate from just being a self-proclaimed "Master of Illusion" to flat-out warping or bending reality to his whims and desires.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchFox View Post
    Besides those characters like Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Speed, Wiccan, Franklin Richards, Cloak and Dagger mentioned in the posts; the characters who should be retconned as mutants would be Hazmat, Mettle, Finesse and Striker. Some of the Avengers Academy kids had their origin stories which scream 'Latent Mutant'!
    Would make sense.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Understandable. As for Mysterio, he's a special effects expert who's gotten his hands on and/or invented advanced technology that makes his special effects incredibly realistic-seeming to the unsuspecting (human) eye. Sometimes, in some adaptations, he's been able to get his hands on outright magic or cosmic artifacts that have enabled him to escalate from just being a self-proclaimed "Master of Illusion" to flat-out warping or bending reality to his whims and desires.
    Also, some versions of Mysterio use gadgets that aren't mere illusions too. For a few examples: animatronic dinosaurs, real explosives, or sleeping gas. The trick is that it all looks like movie special effects. Except that it's sometimes the sort of special effects that aren't harmless lightshows.

the characters who should be retconned as mutants would be Hazmat, Mettle, Finesse and Striker. Some of the Avengers Academy kids had their origin stories which scream 'Latent Mutant'!
    Of course they would make good mutants, the sole purpose of Avengers Academy was to steal the X-men’s shtick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Of course they would make good mutants, the sole purpose of Avengers Academy was to steal the X-men’s shtick.
    Also one of them.... is a Mutant actually. Tsu'zana, AKA Ultragirl, was of Kree parentage and a "V-Factor" Mutant. It's not clear IF she has any Human DNA in her though. They kinda... only looked into that in her 3-issue origin story mini series. And yes, it WAS a Sentinel that told her that she was a Mutant.

Scarlet Witch
    Quicksilver
    Wican
    Speed
    Amanda Sefton
    Brian Braddock
    Franklin Richards
    Nova (Frankie Raye)

Wiccan and Speed are already mutants.
    Miles Morales- Being a mutant i feel would open a whole new world to him and also travel via gates which i feel could add a lot of story to street level heroes who decide not to live on krakoa but could still use the gates.
    Miles can already use teleportation thanks to one of his Champions teammates. All he has to do is phone Pinpoint! Too bad writers other than Pinpoint's creator Jim Zub never remember he exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    And Janet van Dyne, the Wasp. A mutant able to generate bio-electricity. The shrinking and bug stuff can come from Pym particles and tech, but the energy blasts (and occasional enhanced strength from supercharging her musculature) should be all Janet!
    The stingers are tech. Of course, Ultimate Wasp was actually a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Cykewasright View Post
    Hazmat, Finesse, Bombshell and Wonder Man.
    Bombshell is already a mutant. Good call on Hazmat, whose origin is pretty vague and could easily be explained as an X gene mutation. If Finesse is a mutant, then so is Taskmaster. He has the same power and is believed to be her father.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Turn the super-geniuses turned into low level reality warpers who can manipulate the laws of physics to make their ridiculous “inventions” work. Or whatever Forge and Whiz Kid power set is called. Or at least the genius kids should be - Valeria, the Braddock kid, Lunella, Amadeus Cho, etc. They all seem to exhibit intuitive knowledge that doesn’t come from actual scientific study or training.
    Maggie Braddock is probably already a mutant. She was talking like an adult as a baby. Of course, so was Valeria...

Lunella's an Inhuman like Ms. Marvel.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Also, some versions of Mysterio use gadgets that aren't mere illusions too. For a few examples: animatronic dinosaurs, real explosives, or sleeping gas. The trick is that it all looks like movie special effects. Except that it's sometimes the sort of special effects that aren't harmless lightshows.
    Uh-huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I did like the twist that it was generally the screw-ups (or so-called rejects) of the Avengers that took it upon themselves to teach the next generation of heroes, who were basically the superpowered equivalent of "at-risk kids" in real life, and trying to steer them away from supervillainy.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Also one of them.... is a Mutant actually. Tsu'zana, AKA Ultragirl, was of Kree parentage and a "V-Factor" Mutant. It's not clear IF she has any Human DNA in her though. They kinda... only looked into that in her 3-issue origin story mini series. And yes, it WAS a Sentinel that told her that she was a Mutant.
    I miss her. Would have been nice if she'd shown up in Empyre, at least.

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

The person who should be retconned as mutant is Pinpoint. He appeared in Champions as a new character without any origin story and the comic got cancelled before Jim Zub could write more about him.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

Ultimate Member

The person who should be retconned as mutant is Pinpoint. He appeared in Champions as a new character without any origin story and the comic got cancelled before Jim Zub could write more about him.
    I actually thought he *was* a mutant, but I guess that's my own assumptions!

There *was* a mutant named Pinpoint, with super-visual senses, one of an Academy X-era squad called the Advocates, but he's way down the memory hole, along with most of the rest of that era.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wiccan and Speed are already mutants.
    Miles can already use teleportation thanks to one of his Champions teammates. All he has to do is phone Pinpoint! Too bad writers other than Pinpoint's creator Jim Zub never remember he exists.

The stingers are tech. Of course, Ultimate Wasp was actually a mutant.

Bombshell is already a mutant. Good call on Hazmat, whose origin is pretty vague and could easily be explained as an X gene mutation. If Finesse is a mutant, then so is Taskmaster. He has the same power and is believed to be her father.

Maggie Braddock is probably already a mutant. She was talking like an adult as a baby. Of course, so was Valeria...

Lunella's an Inhuman like Ms. Marvel.
    Brevoort said that Wiccan and Speed are not mutants. And nothing else was said after. So they are a huge ?
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Spectacular Member

Carol Danvers, it would make the most sense. Like Spider-Man, she was a celebrity in the House Of M reality and she has ties to the X-Men through her time as Binary. Just make it so her exposure to Kree energies unlocked a hidden mutation.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man27 View Post
    Carol Danvers, it would make the most sense. Like Spider-Man, she was a celebrity in the House Of M reality and she has ties to the X-Men through her time as Binary. Just make it so her exposure to Kree energies unlocked a hidden mutation.
    And since she's half-Kree by birth according to The Life of Captain Marvel revealing that her mother was an undercover Kree soldier that stayed on Earth for love, yeah, one could say that the Kree Psyche-Magnetron that unlocked her Kree DNA and its associated powers also unlocked her X-gene.