Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, considering her powers included making "psionic webs" and she was part of Freedom Force, which was basically Mystique's Brotherhood strong-armed into working for the U.S. government, she could make sense as a mutant. Then again, if a radioactive spider bite could give Peter Parker a quasi-psychic radar for imminent danger to his person, why not an injection of super-serum made from plant extracts and spider venom giving her psi-webs? Then again, it's my pet theory that all her spider-powers are psionic, using a telekinetic field reinforcing her body for superhuman feats of strength and speed and sticking her to whatever surface she touches, with the "psi-webs" also functioning similarly to real spider webs in that she can extend them invisibly from her person to detect (potentially dangerous) movements in her vicinity.
    Yeah her powers were very... not Spiderman. Which is also true of Jessica Drew who... may or may not be a creation of the High Evolutionary. Yeah.... old-school, not-quite spiderman characters were.... very different from the current version that are seemingly all variations of Spider-man's origin.

Then you have Charlotte Witter... what... why? HOW?!?!!?!? Sure, terrifying opponent, but... how do her abilities even make sense? Especially given what Julia Carpenter had to do in order to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah her powers were very... not Spiderman. Which is also true of Jessica Drew who... may or may not be a creation of the High Evolutionary. Yeah.... old-school, not-quite spiderman characters were.... very different from the current version that are seemingly all variations of Spider-man's origin.

Then you have Charlotte Witter... what... why? HOW?!?!!?!? Sure, terrifying opponent, but... how do her abilities even make sense? Especially given what Julia Carpenter had to do in order to recover.
    Charlotte Witter for sure should be a mutant with psionic powers like that of her mutant grandmother.

Speaking of Jessica Drew........ I would totally accept her being retconned as Anya. it would tie in her and Wanda & Pietro all being on Wundagore.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 08-13-2021 at 06:05 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    And this is why I keep saying They need to bring back something like Marvel Fanfare or Marvel Spotlight to tell stories of these little used characters.
    I agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post

Jessica's not literally a creation of the High Evolutionary, but the High Evolutionary was an associate of her parents, who experimented on her to either save her from dying of radiation poisoning or just make a spider-powered super-soldier for HYDRA, and thus familiar with or a contributor to their work. That said, I did like how distinct the Spider-Women's origins were from Spider-Man/Peter Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Charlotte Witter for sure should be a mutant with psionic powers like that of her mutant grandmother.

Speaking of Jessica Drew........ I would totally accept her being retconned as Anya. it would tie in her and Wanda & Pietro all being on Wundagore.
    I'm still wondering why she hasn't come back to take the Madame Web mantle off Julia so Julia can go back to being Arachne. Then again, her still being an evil Spider-Woman could work for setting her as an evil foil for Jessica if her current series goes on long enough. As for Cassandra Webb, thanks for reminding me of her being a mutant, and come to think of it, she did already get resurrected --- technically "reanimated" --- in The Clone Conspiracy, only to effectively commit suicide because she saw the future the Jackal would create and wanted no part of it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

This idea is very interesting, if you are talking about Anya but I think the retcon would have to explain how she survived the fire because it was shown she died there and didn´t meet High Evolutionary like Magda did.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Zig-Zag and Momenta

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Wave and Cherub (CotA). Maybe Anya Corazon, Blindspot (the young Daredevil ally). Mostly younger, underused heroes.

Ironically would've said Echo before she got the Phoenix. I'm interested in seeing the PF outside of mutant stories.

Jessica's not literally a creation of the High Evolutionary, but the High Evolutionary was an associate of her parents, who experimented on her to either save her from dying of radiation poisoning or just make a spider-powered super-soldier for HYDRA, and thus familiar with or a contributor to their work. That said, I did like how distinct the Spider-Women's origins were from Spider-Man/Peter Parker.
    Jessica really FEELS like the sort of thing the HE would do though. So yeah... borrowing his ideas, makes a lot of sense.

Glamor and Illusion

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Hulk and Taskmaster because I like them. Captain America because that would be very interesting.

The Falcon
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    Hulk and Taskmaster because I like them. Captain America because that would be very interesting.
    Taskmaster could have been interesting, because his origin used to be that he could just do that photographic reflex/muscle memory stuff since he was a child and decided to go into business teaching how to emulate the moves and techniques of various superheroes, before it "turned out" to be the result of ingesting some kind of super-soldier formula that had a negative side effect on his neurochemistry with regards to memory retention.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    The Falcon
    It was almost canon that he was a mutant, given his ability to communicate with and see through the eyes of birds. Alas, Cosmic Cube shenanigans explained away that one.

Sharon Ventura, just so that someone would actually use her. She could work as an Inhuman too.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Extraordinary Member

Sharon Ventura, just so that someone would actually use her. She could work as an Inhuman too.
    Plenty of mutants aren't used.

BANNED

Taskmaster could have been interesting, because his origin used to be that he could just do that photographic reflex/muscle memory stuff since he was a child and decided to go into business teaching how to emulate the moves and techniques of various superheroes, before it "turned out" to be the result of ingesting some kind of super-soldier formula that had a negative side effect on his neurochemistry with regards to memory retention.

It was almost canon that he was a mutant, given his ability to communicate with and see through the eyes of birds. Alas, Cosmic Cube shenanigans explained away that one.
    Only, because some editor felt it necessary to reject that origin when it was dicovered that Sam wasn't wearing a brown mask with his costume
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-31-2021 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Only, because some editor felt it necessary to reject that origin when it was dicovered that Sam wasn't wearing a brown mask with his costume
    Heh, good one.

Come to think of it, Electro from Spider-Man's rogues gallery. How did he survive being electrocuted by a lightning strike and come out of it with the power to generate and manipulate electricity? Unlike in Spectacular (the cartoon) and Amazing 2 (the movie), he wasn't exposed to bioengineered electric eels, just a plain old lightning strike, so . . .