Amazing Member

Default Good Storage Containers for Trade Paperbacks?

Hi, everybody. I was wondering, what are some good storage containers for trade paperbacks? I have A LOT of them. Normally I've been keeping them in neat stacks on bookshelves, and that's been doing fine, but it occurs to me that maybe putting them in containers to make them easier to move around might be a good idea, too.

I know BCW makes plastic folios for individuals. I got one for the small portion of comic issues I own. Then I wondered if I could use the folios for trades, too. But the folios wouldn't fit very many. Would a plastic storage bin be good for trades? And what about humidity? I talked about this on the forum a long time ago, but I lost power for a long time when Hurricane Irma hit, and while most of my books seem to have dried out and are totally flat, I still worry about it. Do these storage boxes help keep out humidity, or does it not make a difference?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Unfortunately I can't speak to the plastic bins you mention. I'm old school (and cheap) so any extra trades I have that don't fit on my bookshelves go in polybags, which then sit in standard white comic short boxes. I can usually get 20-30 in one box, depending on thickness of course.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

If you've got that many, maybe its time to cut down the collection. There's only so much re-reading anyone can feasibly, especially if you are still adding to the collection.

Alternatively, I have all my floppies in two full size filing cabinets. That includes some trade paperbacks as they are the same height/width. You can fit two rows of comcs/books in each drawer.

(not my filing cabinet, but a pic I found online)

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Unfortunately I can't speak to the plastic bins you mention. I'm old school (and cheap) so any extra trades I have that don't fit on my bookshelves go in polybags, which then sit in standard white comic short boxes. I can usually get 20-30 in one box, depending on thickness of course.
    I do the same