Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Default New 52/Rebirth Aquaman vs Wonder Woman in purely physical battle on land.

No gear, no flight and no super speed for WW. Just a fight on physical stats on land between her and AQ.

Round 2: On land. No Gear. But WW can use her super speed while Arthur gets his trident.

How do you think this battles would go?
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 08-04-2021 at 05:40 PM.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I mean I'd think Wonder Woman would have to, but I don't actually have feats to back that up. She was always stronger than him, but as I have said before the post crisis power ladder has been thrown out.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I mean I'd think Wonder Woman would have to, but I don't actually have feats to back that up. She was always stronger than him, but as I have said before the post crisis power ladder has been thrown out.
    I'm sure somebody can post feats. I don't want to do it in a thread i created myself.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    I'm sure somebody can post feats. I don't want to do it in a thread i created myself.
    Why not? Use it as an opportunity to educate folks. If no one is weighing in it is usually because no one really knows the characters well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Why not? Use it as an opportunity to educate folks. If no one is weighing in it is usually because no one really knows the characters well enough.
    Because it'd be better if the debate is not carried on by the same person that created the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Because it'd be better if the debate is not carried on by the same person that created the thread.
    Well, then it doesn't seem like the debate will actually happen. Been 3 days and I'm your only nibble.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Last I checked, she has him outclassed. Even if strength was equalized, flight and superior speed and skill would win out I’d think.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Last I checked, she has him outclassed. Even if strength was equalized, flight and superior speed and skill would win out I’d think.
    I think strength would be debatable.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The OP specified:

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41
    No gear, no flight and no super speed for WW.
    Anyway, I'll say Arthur wins this. He was able to stun Superman with a punch. Yes I know Superman didn't want to fight/was holding back, but that doesn't change the fact it affected him. New 52 WW seems much weaker than pre-Flashpoint, hence her need to rely on a xiphos. Plus the fact that New 52 WW is basically a dumb, reckless, bloodthirsty brute means Arthur can easily outsmart her.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    The OP specified:

Anyway, I'll say Arthur wins this. He was able to stun Superman with a punch. Yes I know Superman didn't want to fight/was holding back, but that doesn't change the fact it affected him. New 52 WW seems much weaker than pre-Flashpoint, hence her need to rely on a xiphos. Plus the fact that New 52 WW is basically a dumb, reckless, bloodthirsty brute means Arthur can easily outsmart her.
    I did. Although in round 2 she is allowed to use her super speed.

Affecting SM with a punch doesn't put AQ on his level. New 52 WW also hurt SM with a hit. And she didn't need the so called God mode to do it. That doesn't make her SM level in strength. You are right about JL New 52 WW being dumb and bloodthirsty. But that is just one book, there is more to New 52 than that plus Rebirth is also included in this thread.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 08-04-2021 at 05:43 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    The OP specified:

Arthur has no chance, especially not in round 2, even New-52 Wonder Woman can still bloody Superman:

is more skilled than Arthur:

and for round 2, can blitz Kryptonians like Supergirl:

and that are just a couple of far more examples and not even going into rebirth. As bad written as New 52 often were and as much as Flashpoint nerfed her for a long time, she was not nearly dumb or nerfed enough to lose this, the tries to push Aquaman were far to half-assed for that and no gear would technically even mean an active god-mode with New-52 Wonder Woman.