Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think you mean Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Hank and Janet never showed up in Assemble.
    My bad, you are correct! I remember only that there was a really great Avengers cartoon, and then it sort of disappeared and got replaced by something not nearly as good, IMO.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Iron Man: B-lister at best in the comics, but he's the face of the MCU - and even before then, he did have the Marvel Action Hour and Armored Adventures cartoons.

Doctor Strange: Doesn't consistently have a comic. Can't deny his movie was a hit.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Would they even have a comic now if not for the MCU?

Ones done badly in adaptations:
    Spider-Man: He shouldn't need a mentor or someone to provide his gear, like he has in the MCU. And the cartoons keep making Miles and Peter the same age, when Peter should be quite a bit older.

Inhumans: Their TV show was a flop, to the point that when Disney bought 20th Century Fox and got the X-Men movie rights, the Inhumans, except for Ms. Marvel and Moon Girl (who are both getting their own shows), were dropped like a stone, even in the comics. If the TV series had done well, they could've easily co-existed with the X-Men. Their comics, by Soule, were actually pretty decent.

Quicksilver: Killed off in his first full appearance. He should be Marvel's answer to The Flash. Sure, the comics don't treat him all that well either, but they treat him better than the MCU did.
    Funny enough, the recent Spider-Man cartoons are partially based on the Ultimate Spider-Man comics, in which Peter himself was a teenager and Miles made his initial debut as a slightly younger teenager. That said, I do agree that Marvel is going to have Peter and Miles coexist as Spider-Men in the same universe, I would rather go with the comics, Into the Spider-Verse, and the Insomniac Games Spider-Verse where Peter is significantly older than Miles and Miles is (almost) the same age Peter was when Peter first became Spider-Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

I think you mean Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Hank and Janet never showed up in Assemble.

Well, comparatively while they're not lead characters both are treated with respect and reverence which isn't always consistent in the comics (especially with Hank).
    They're old and Janet is barely there. I don't see that as a lot of respect. Maybe it beats Pymtron

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Funny enough, the recent Spider-Man cartoons are partially based on the Ultimate Spider-Man comics, in which Peter himself was a teenager and Miles made his initial debut as a slightly younger teenager. That said, I do agree that Marvel is going to have Peter and Miles coexist as Spider-Men in the same universe, I would rather go with the comics, Into the Spider-Verse, and the Insomniac Games Spider-Verse where Peter is significantly older than Miles and Miles is (almost) the same age Peter was when Peter first became Spider-Man.
    Peter should just be older in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    They're old and Janet is barely there. I don't see that as a lot of respect. Maybe it beats Pymtron
    I mean, they're old but still active in the story and Janet was central to the plot of AM&TW in more ways than one.

Definitely beats Pymtron.

Ultimate Member

I mean, they're old but still active in the story and Janet was central to the plot of AM&TW in more ways than one.

Definitely beats Pymtron.
    True, but if she was an actual superhero contemporary to the other Avengers, I think that would better count as better treatment. Independent of how Pymtron affects Hank in the comics, Janet in the MCU isn't a great or accurate portrayal as of yet

Astonishing Member

Iron Man in the MCU

Miles Morales in ITSV and the Insomniac game

Hank Pym in Avengers EMH

I'm shocked that no one has mentioned Blade. Three movies (the third one is trash) and one of the few heroes with a Pre-MCU movie history that isn't garbage. I want to believe that the TV series is actually going to live up to expectations but I can't help thinking of a certain phrase spoken by Blade himself "Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill". OIP.jpg
    Last edited by Anthony W; 08-01-2021 at 05:58 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    True, but if she was an actual superhero contemporary to the other Avengers, I think that would better count as better treatment. Independent of how Pymtron affects Hank in the comics, Janet in the MCU isn't a great or accurate portrayal as of yet
    I think it's better than being forgotten about (which happens to Jan in the comics). I think what we saw of her in the MCU had Janet's wit and warm personality.

I think it's better than being forgotten about (which happens to Jan in the comics). I think what we saw of her in the MCU had Janet's wit and warm personality.
    My problem is there is none of the leader there. The co-founder, the chairperson, having named the team, having named Vision. Having funded the team. She's just a scientist with a very small role. And it's surprising to me that they'd pay to have Michelle Pfeiffer but then have very few scenes for Janet at all.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah definitely Blade.