Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default With Hickman rumors over at Marvel (Legion)

That his run as Head of X is ending after the upcoming Inferno storyline. Is there any chance DC can give him the Legion property all to himself, free of crossovers and the like editorial mandates??? Wipe the failure that is the Bendis Legion from memory. Hickman telling classic Legion stories might be the only hope to restore that once mighty franchise. DC getting Bendis instead of Hickman is looking like a titanic mistake. Hickman has mentioned wanting to do a take on the Legion multiple times.Once he was given all things mutants I figured it would be a decade before I could even hope for Hickman on the Legion but now DC might get a 2nd bite of the apple.

nope, Bendis is still at DC and his comics are selling well. You don't just have someone come in and redo his work this early
    The J-man

And there was this on another thread regarding Hickman and Substack:
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Rumor is that Hickman is leaving the X Men books to join Tynion at Substack.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/jona...oons-substack/

Extraordinary Member

Yea, if Hickman is actually leaving Marvel completely it's most likely for something like Substack which is giving him a lot of money to do creator owned work where he keeps all the rights. Possible he comes to DC whenever that wraps up but would expect the creator owned work to be the prority.

Astonishing Member

He should create his own XMen, Legion, hybrid homage.

He’s not coming to DC any time soon, maybe once he’s done with Substack or that whole deal collapses. But you’re way off the mark if you think Hickman would toss Bendis Legion I suspect, Hickman loves using Bendis’ ideas and the two are tight because Bendis is the one who brought him into Marvel in the first place.
    Last edited by Vordan; 08-10-2021 at 10:13 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Seems like the most likely if he comes to DC is him doing New Gods

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Seems like the most likely if he comes to DC is him doing New Gods
    Why? He's said in the past LoSH and Teen Titans are his dream DC projects.

Years ago he had a poll on twitter where he asked people to choose between him writing:

Eternals, X-men, Legion, New Gods.

As people here pointed out Bendis already has control of the Legion of Super-Heroes, so it would be much easier to just do New Gods. And New Gods is much more maketeable since they have Mister Miracle and Darkseid.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Years ago he had a poll on twitter where he asked people to choose between him writing:

Eternals, X-men, Legion, New Gods.

As people here pointed out Bendis already has control of the Legion of Super-Heroes, so it would be much easier to just do New Gods. And New Gods is much more maketeable since they have Mister Miracle and Darkseid.
    The New Gods also share a similar reboot/restore cycle with Legion.
    A new writer will continue from Kirby's original only to get their continuation retconned out of existence by another writer continuing from Kirby's original. Rinse and repeat.
    If Hickman did take on New Gods, one thing would be certain: He would erase everything after Kirby's run and fill in the details from then to now with his own vision.
    With one exception: If King was still at DC, his Mister Miracle series may be editorially mandated to stay in continuity. If he's not, then it would most likely be gone.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    That his run as Head of X is ending after the upcoming Inferno storyline. Is there any chance DC can give him the Legion property all to himself, free of crossovers and the like editorial mandates??? Wipe the failure that is the Bendis Legion from memory. Hickman telling classic Legion stories might be the only hope to restore that once mighty franchise. DC getting Bendis instead of Hickman is looking like a titanic mistake. Hickman has mentioned wanting to do a take on the Legion multiple times.Once he was given all things mutants I figured it would be a decade before I could even hope for Hickman on the Legion but now DC might get a 2nd bite of the apple.
    Hickman is going to Substack with Tynion

Does Bendis still have control of the Legion? I thought that title had ended.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Does Bendis still have control of the Legion? I thought that title had ended.
    It was never officially cancelled and Bendis has tweeted about staying tuned or something.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

If Hickman gains success with hubstack I don't see why he would want to make the jump to DC.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    If Hickman gains success with hubstack I don't see why he would want to make the jump to DC.
    Sure, that's a possibility, also possible he does Substack for a while, is successful but decides to work for DC because he wants to work on those characters. Also possible that Substack for comics doesn't really exist in a year or two.