Mighty Member

Default Super Hero Squad

So, caught this on Disney+ and I wasn't initially sold on it but stuck with it and have really grown to like it. It's fun, funny and charming at the same time. Yeah the characters are OOC, but there are definitely some LOL moments. Nice little surprise of a show

Superhero Squad was a very charming show. It was nice to see an extensive cast of Marvel characters interacting with each other, in the days before Marvel became so concerned with movie rights.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

The Superhero Squad was a guilty pleasure. I think it only lasted 2 seasons and the first IMO was better. The voice actors were really good...how can you top George Takei for Galactus? Some of my favorite episodes were when Ms Marvel accidentally got some kind of love potion IIRC and was in love with M.O.D.O.K. He was a funny henchman for Doom along with the Abomination. Another funny one was where Doom's mother was released from Hell and insisted on being called Coco Von Doom. They did sneak in some funny in jokes sometimes.

Did anyone else play the online game. It was a lot of fun too. I used to be able to team up with my nieces and nephew.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-01-2021 at 11:06 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    The Superhero Squad was a guilty pleasure. I think it only lasted 2 seasons and the first IMO was better. The voice actors were really good...how can you top George Takei for Galactus? Some of my favorite episodes where Ms Marvel accidentally got some kind of love potion IIRC and was in love with M.O.D.O.K. He was a funny henchman for Doom along with the Abomination. Another funny one was where Doom's mother was released from Hell and insisted on being called Coco Von Doom. They did sneak in some funny in jokes sometimes.

Did anyone else play the online game. It was a lot of fun too. I used to be able to team up with my nieces and nephew.

Wow, glad to see another fan here. So you thought season 1 was better than 2 but are there still some gems and funny moments as in season 1? Love the screenshots. Two funny episodes that i've enjoyed so far were A Brat Walks Among Us and Night in the Sanctorum. The bratty girl bathing and burping Modok and Abomination had me in stitches, as well in the other episode where Baron Mordo comes out of the soda can.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Wow, glad to see another fan here. So you thought season 1 was better than 2 but are there still some gems and funny moments as in season 1? Love the screenshots. Two funny episodes that i've enjoyed so far were A Brat Walks Among Us and Night in the Sanctorum. The bratty girl bathing and burping Modok and Abomination had me in stitches, as well in the other episode where Baron Mordo comes out of the soda can.
    I've only watched a couple on Disney Plus and will have to get back to it again. I remember one episode where it showed MODOK holding a meeting with the Big Head club featuring the Leader, Egghead and a really obscure Kurgo from an early FF issue. That's what I liked about the show....they used a lot of Marvel characters in cameos etc. There was a funny one with the Punisher. I vaguely recall the 2 episodes you mention and I will have to look those up. Thanos is the big Bad in season 2 and Doom, MODOK and Abomination are in prison from season 1 and break out later on

Punisher cut scene: