Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Cbs has a fever...and the solution is more kurtzman!

"The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Must mean the shows he's doing are doing pretty well for CBS then...I'm not sure how anyone could come away from that news with any other conclusion than that.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 08-01-2021 at 01:10 PM.

If Discovery and the rest of current Trek wasn't profitable, CBS wouldn't be doing this, obviously. But I still laugh at the idea that CBS is trying to save face and double down by continually pumping millions into a falling sink hole of a failing investment.

BANNED

This is disappointing news to hear but not surprising.

What's really funny is that Trek fans are going to watch Trek no matter what. Meanwhile the only non-Trek show this guy did (Clarice) bombed. The Trek show everyone wanted to see (Strange New Worlds) was the one he didn't want to do. He wanted to do a show about Section 31.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    What's really funny is that Trek fans are going to watch Trek no matter what. Meanwhile the only non-Trek show this guy did (Clarice) bombed. The Trek show everyone wanted to see (Strange New Worlds) was the one he didn't want to do. He wanted to do a show about Section 31.
    Yeah...it's totally all people just hate watching it. No other possibility.

Wouldn't it be easier just to shrug and think, "Hey, these shows haven't been for me but it looks like a lot of other people must like them." rather than creating an elaborate fantasy?
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 08-01-2021 at 03:38 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Yeah...it's totally all people hate watching. No other possibility.

Wouldn't it be easier just to shrug and think, "Hey, these shows haven't been for me but it looks like a lot of other people must like them."
    Exactly this.

If Kurtzman wasn't doing something right, he wouldn't be getting the gigs.

If one doesn't like his work, ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Yeah...it's totally all people just hate watching it. No other possibility.

Wouldn't it be easier just to shrug and think, "Hey, these shows haven't been for me but it looks like a lot of other people must like them." rather than creating an elaborate fantasy?
    He is doing just great for CBS ALL ACCESS...I mean Paramount+ which is damning with faint praise. At least I think he is....no one releases streaming numbers LOL.When it's shown on CBS it doesn't do well....

When it's shown on CBS it doesn't do well....
    Yeah, about 2 years after it originally aired. I don't even have Paramount+ and I watched it on DVD about a year before it aired on CBS.

Using those CBS ratings are laughable considering anyone that wanted to watch it had numerous ways to do that long before they aired it there.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

So more of the 25% different ‘Prime’ universe Trek then? Joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    So more of the 25% different ‘Prime’ universe Trek then? Joy.
    Yep, ready for the Discovery crew to cry and hug and Picard to get screamed at?

He is doing just great for CBS ALL ACCESS...I mean Paramount+ which is damning with faint praise. At least I think he is....no one releases streaming numbers LOL.When it's shown on CBS it doesn't do well....
    So why are they spending so much money on him then?

Have to say that Kurtzman seems to be doing better work supervising Star Trek than he did than writing the J.J. Abrams movies.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Yep, ready for the Discovery crew to cry and hug and Picard to get screamed at?
    Haven't seen Picard yet since they split it up between streaming services, and Dad and I elected not to bother with Season 3 of Discovery. We can only stand Sonequa Martin-Green using her one of two acting faces for so long. I'll miss Tilly but that's about it.

I'm not sure how people can unironically talk about their favourite film and TV series as "franchises" and "intellectual property" and then still be surprised when it turns out the whole thing is just a way to make new money from old rope.