Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Default Wonder Woman Vs thread

Pretty simple....What are some of your favorite Wonder Woman fights/battles throughout her 80 year history?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I don't know what it is (obvious jokes aside), but every time Diana and Power Girl fight, they both seem to come across pretty well. I never quite feel like either of them jobs when those two trade blows.

Now then, taking all bets for the over/under on when The Hiketeia makes its way to this thread. High rollers only. Big money, no whammies.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

After all this time, the Diana and Cheetah's fight in The Savage Moon is still my favorite.

~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Cheetah from "Savage Moon"

Medusa from "Stoned"

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I don't know what it is (obvious jokes aside), but every time Diana and Power Girl fight, they both seem to come across pretty well. I never quite feel like either of them jobs when those two trade blows.

Now then, taking all bets for the over/under on when The Hiketeia makes its way to this thread. High rollers only. Big money, no whammies.
    No dice for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    How many times have they fought? I'm only familiar with the Gail Simone story.

This thread is a great idea by the way.
    Last edited by Alpha; 08-01-2021 at 02:27 PM.

Medusa from "Stoned"

I second both of these. The former for just how brutal and desperate it was, and a culmination of everything Diana had felt towards Minerva since their first encounter. The latter for the real sense of high stakes and drama.

I'll add Diana vs Circe during the Jimenez run purely for the absolute hilarity of the melodrama and camp outfit changes throughout.

And my guilty pleasure is Diana scaring the hell out of the Joker during the Messner-Loebs run. Seeing her toy with him just satisfies my personal headcanon that she balances her compassionate nature with a darkly funny sense of humour.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    After all this time, the Diana and Cheetah's fight in The Savage Moon is still my favorite.

Medusa from "Stoned"

No dice for you!
    Great pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    How many times have they fought? I'm only familiar with the Gail Simone story.

This thread is a great idea by the way.
    There and briefly in the Waid/Perez Brave and Bold, both times of which I recall Diana having the upper hand.
    May we never forget:

Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLyo View Post
    I second both of these. The former for just how brutal and desperate it was, and a culmination of everything Diana had felt towards Minerva since their first encounter. The latter for the real sense of high stakes and drama.

I'll add Diana vs Circe during the Jimenez run purely for the absolute hilarity of the melodrama and camp outfit changes throughout.

And my guilty pleasure is Diana scaring the hell out of the Joker during the Messner-Loebs run. Seeing her toy with him just satisfies my personal headcanon that she balances her compassionate nature with a darkly funny sense of humour.
    Yeah, Circe trying to bait Diana into killing her on live TV is about as amazing and petty as Circe can get, lol.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 08-01-2021 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLyo View Post

Yeah, I go back-and-forth on that Circe fight. I like it but I have to raise an eyebrow at some of the costumes Jimenez gave her.

I also liked the brief tussle, not much of a fight admittedly, with Ares from Jimenez's run. Coming full circle from Perez's Gods and Mortals where Ares cleaned her clock.

Last edited by Gaius; 08-01-2021 at 03:26 PM.

Wow, that looks great! I wanna read it.

BRIARIOS 9.jpg

I chose the fight with Briarios because it was an epic hard win and had far reaching consequences.