• X-Ternals

2 4.17%
  • X-Terminators

1 2.08%
  • X-Treme X-Men

1 2.08%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Default Hellfire Gala 2022! Which book should get rebooted next year?

F8E29D1E-477C-4F42-80F7-9953D7B81355.jpg

The main X-Men book will probably be the book that gets a new roster, but screw that. Let’s see what you’d like to see.

The caveats are:

1. only one team per person.

2. Give them a roster of 6-8, the reason why you want to see the book relaunched (please be more witty than “this book sucks”).

3. Have a creative team attached to the relaunch, and what they’d bring to the book that you’d like to see.

4. Give the team a mission statement. Why do you want to see them together? What will they do to advance the Krakoan culture?

5. You cannot choose any of the current members or creators on the newly launched X-Men title by Duggan and Larraz.

Duggan & Larraz are off the board.

Cyclops, Jean, Polaris, Sunfire, Rogue, Synch, and Wolver-23 are ineligible to be a part of your roster.

6. Only pitch one book per person. I know there are valid criticisms for all of the books, but we’re only getting one relaunch post Gala so…
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 08-02-2021 at 11:53 PM.

We just introduced this line-up. I am looking to see more fleshing out of this team and character development and love interest for Everett and Shiro.

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    We just introduced this line-up. I am looking to see more fleshing out of this team and character development and love interest for Everett and Shiro.
    I’m not talking about the main X-Men title, but the other books, as well as some potential other books to come back.

Astonishing Member

Uncanny Avengers
    Writers: Al Ewing & Vita Ayala
    Artist: Schiti
    Roster:
    - X-Men: Polaris, Gorgon, Sprite, Kid Omega and Karma
    - Avengers: Captain Marvel (Carol, until I can contrive her death in favour of Monica), Hawkeye (Kate), Captain America (Sam), Hazmat and Lightning
    - Cosmic (as a ‘neutral’): Deathcry (Shi’ar are traditionally pro-X-Men, but she’s an ex-Avenger)
    Reason: I’m a simple man and I want X-Men/Avengers team ups, but it doesn’t take a genius to guess which way the editorial winds are blowing
    Premise: The World has changed. The age of humans is ending and the age of mutants, long delayed, is upon us. As mutant supremacy grows more secure, the human governments begin to crack down on the AI, superhumans and the supernatural; seeking to finally bring to heel an army, or gain the corpses to unlock such power to turn against mutants. Utterly alienated from the status quo they have sacrificed so much to defend and forced to seek the aid of the victorious mutantdom to protect themselves, their friends and their families; the Avengers must now move to help change a world that has always feared them, in just they way everyone was afraid they would.
    Statement: The World outside your window ends here

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Uncanny Avengers
    Writers: Al Ewing & Vita Ayala
    Artist: Schiti
    Roster:
    - X-Men: Polaris, Gorgon, Sprite, Kid Omega and Karma
    - Avengers: Captain Marvel (Carol, until I can contrive her death in favour of Monica), Hawkeye (Kate), Captain America (Sam), Hazmat and Lightning
    - Cosmic (as a ‘neutral’): Deathcry (Shi’ar are traditionally pro-X-Men, but she’s an ex-Avenger)
    Reason: I’m a simple man and I want X-Men/Avengers team ups, but it doesn’t take a genius to guess which way the editorial winds are blowing
    Premise: The World has changed. The age of humans is ending and the age of mutants, long delayed, is upon us. As mutant supremacy grows more secure, the human governments begin to crack down on the AI, superhumans and the supernatural; seeking to finally bring to heel an army, or gain the corpses to unlock such power to turn against mutants. Utterly alienated from the status quo they have sacrificed so much to defend and forced to seek the aid of the victorious mutantdom to protect themselves, their friends and their families; the Avengers must now move to help change a world that has always feared them, in just they way everyone was afraid they would.
    Statement: The World outside your window ends here
    Polaris isn’t available, as she’s a part of the newly launched X-Men title by Duggan/Larraz. Otherwise good concept.

Marauders was announced as a game-changer, yeah?

Has it been?

If no, reboot.

This is the day and age of terraforming Mars, space ships, and portals around the world. Who needs a f*cking boat?

Extraordinary Member

do we know if this is annual in Universe or once every year in the real world.
    I really hope they don't do one every year, a month hold-up and changing X-men roster when they aren't getting fleshed out as a team by that point

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    do we know if this is annual in Universe or once every year in the real world.
    I really hope they don't do one every year, a month hold-up and changing X-men roster when they aren't getting fleshed out as a team by that point
    It’s every year, but not sure if it’s the main X-book, or a different title that will be revamped/roster voted on.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gam...on-every-year/

It took me a while to figure what would be a good idea, there's things I would change in all the titles but I tried deciding in what I feel is missing rather than just flaws that could be addressed later on. So:

X-Factor
    Writer: Cullen Bunn (I think he has a general good handle on shades of grey stuff which I feel this book would have)
    Artist: Mattia de lulis (Art is create for a Noir/Cimatic and Spy thriller feel)
    Roster: Magneto, Quicksilver, Rictor, Val Cooper, Bishop, Tempo, Sabra, Syrin.
    Reason: While there's X-Force as the Krakoan CIA and the X-Men are the official superheroes, I think a goverment sanction team that works directly with the goverments that have accepted the terms of Krakoa and therefor could work in an official none vigilante capacity could be fun, as many of their missions could be used as a way to further Krakoa's goals while at the same time some of their more heroic ventures could be coloured by shady deals going on behind the scenes.
    General idea: After yet another world ending catastrophy where the X-Men step up, Magneto gets the idea of forming a new team that can work to better interest of the island. The team is formed of former members of the original X-Factor team as well as some selected by Magneto purposely for other reasons. Val Cooper once again acts as liason to this thing for the US, though each country will have their own, and Quicksilver inserts himself into things since he doesn't trust Erick, setting up one of the main tensions in the book. It will be a spy thriller action, with political drama, giving the many goverment plots surrounding krakoa a much needed space to develop beyond data pages.
    Mission Statement: Uniting Nations for a better tomorrow..?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    It’s every year, but not sure if it’s the main X-book, or a different title that will be revamped/roster voted on.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gam...on-every-year/
    I'm aware they want to but that makes no sense:-
    1)Hellfire gala main thing was Mars, they will have to go higher than that or it wouldn't work
    2)New team roster for X-men(why would gala revamp other teams) means the ones we have won't ever be fleshed out
    3)New dresses works once, doing it multiple times
    4)It was Earth and Mu reacting to Krakoa, it would be much less impactful the second time
    5)Stopping X-books own arcs for a whole month

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    It took me a while to figure what would be a good idea, there's things I would change in all the titles but I tried deciding in what I feel is missing rather than just flaws that could be addressed later on. So:

X-Factor
    Writer: Cullen Bunn (I think he has a general good handle on shades of grey stuff which I feel this book would have)
    Artist: Mattia de lulis (Art is create for a Noir/Cimatic and Spy thriller feel)
    Roster: Magneto, Quicksilver, Rictor, Val Cooper, Bishop, Tempo, Sabra, Syrin.
    Reason: While there's X-Force as the Krakoan CIA and the X-Men are the official superheroes, I think a goverment sanction team that works directly with the goverments that have accepted the terms of Krakoa and therefor could work in an official none vigilante capacity could be fun, as many of their missions could be used as a way to further Krakoa's goals while at the same time some of their more heroic ventures could be coloured by shady deals going on behind the scenes.
    General idea: After yet another world ending catastrophy where the X-Men step up, Magneto gets the idea of forming a new team that can work to better interest of the island. The team is formed of former members of the original X-Factor team as well as some selected by Magneto purposely for other reasons. Val Cooper once again acts as liason to this thing for the US, though each country will have their own, and Quicksilver inserts himself into things since he doesn't trust Erick, setting up one of the main tensions in the book. It will be a spy thriller action, with political drama, giving the many goverment plots surrounding krakoa a much needed space to develop beyond data pages.
    Mission Statement: Uniting Nations for a better tomorrow..?
    Oh wow, I never would have imagined that line up, but I like it! Bishop, Sabra, Tempo, Quicksilver, Rictor? Neat!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I strongly believe the New X-Men deserve to get a book again. I think with the right cast and the right creative team, this should most likely become a high selling book, as (at least on this board) many people are longing for it.

New X-Men
    Writer: Mike Carey
    Artist: JClay Mann (remember, he did Age of X, he is awesome)
    Roster: Rogue and Gambit and rotating X-Kids of the New X-Men generation and a few who came later
    Reason: The Young X-Men need to have training and guidance. Who better to do that than Mr. & Mrs. X? Rogue had this role before and she was great at it. That is why the Quiet Counsel agreed the kids should be looked after, trained and cared for. Some of these kids will be added to X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur etcetera for some missions if needed. We will get to see how Surge and Hellion react to the fact they have not been on special missions yet, but also how they finally will be. We will see a follow-up on Indra, how his powers further developed. We will see Anole and Graymalkin finding love and we will see how Bling! react on the romance between Loa and Mercury. Hijack will bring down more than just a helicarrier. We will find out why Dust really left the Champions and if Match is more than just a hothead. We will see how the kids live, love, train, learn and fail. Some will prove to be better as citizens/helpers of Krakoa, others will become are the X-Men of tomorrow.
    Mission Statement: Getting the best next generation of X-Men
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I'm aware they want to but that makes no sense:-
    1)Hellfire gala main thing was Mars, they will have to go higher than that or it wouldn't work
    2)New team roster for X-men(why would gala revamp other teams) means the ones we have won't ever be fleshed out
    3)New dresses works once, doing it multiple times
    4)It was Earth and Mu reacting to Krakoa, it would be much less impactful the second time
    5)Stopping X-books own arcs for a whole month
    I’m sure they’ll be able to think up a reason for the new Hellfire Gala.

Who knows? They can always concoct a reason to reboot a title, and you’d probably get a lot of promotional clout with it being voted on by fans.

None of them. They should just keep going with the numbering from the DoX launch.

X-Force. It got boring to me after Jean left. A bit too repetitive. Too much about Logan and Quentin. X-Force as an organization is also kinda meh compared to SWORD, maybe get someone who can make it feel bigger.