2 4.17%
  • X-Terminators

1 2.08%
  • X-Treme X-Men

1 2.08%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m sure they’ll be able to think up a reason for the new Hellfire Gala.

Who knows? They can always concoct a reason to reboot a title, and you’d probably get a lot of promotional clout with it being voted on by fans.
    Hopefully, but it will feel forced imo.

Maybe, again I like that fans can vote but gala is for unveiling the X-men line up.Why would anyone, specially humans care who the marauders or hellions or any other team is?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    X-Force. It got boring to me after Jean left. A bit too repetitive. Too much about Logan and Quentin. X-Force as an organization is also kinda meh compared to SWORD, maybe get someone who can make it feel bigger.
    Yeah, X-Force is so slapdash and all-over-the-place it makes Excalibur look like %&$!ing Watchmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I strongly believe the New X-Men deserve to get a book again. I think with the right cast and the right creative team, this should most likely become a high selling book, as (at least on this board) many people are longing for it.

New X-Men
    Writer: Mike Carey
    Artist: JClay Mann (remember, he did Age of X, he is awesome)
    Roster: Rogue and Gambit and rotating X-Kids of the New X-Men generation and a few who came later
    Reason: The Young X-Men need to have training and guidance. Who better to do that than Mr. & Mrs. X? Rogue had this role before and she was great at it. That is why the Quiet Counsel agreed the kids should be looked after, trained and cared for. Some of these kids will be added to X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur etcetera for some missions if needed. We will get to see how Surge and Hellion react to the fact they have not been on special missions yet, but also how they finally will be. We will see a follow-up on Indra, how his powers further developed. We will see Anole and Graymalkin finding love and we will see how Bling! react on the romance between Loa and Mercury. Hijack will bring down more than just a helicarrier. We will find out why Dust really left the Champions and if Match is more than just a hothead. We will see how the kids live, love, train, learn and fail. Some will prove to be better as citizens/helpers of Krakoa, others will become are the X-Men of tomorrow.
    Mission Statement: Getting the best next generation of X-Men
    I love this idea for a book. I'd definitely buy it!!!

They should do a Boom Bus series where each issue is the kids from the Hogwarts-knock-off Academy generation getting loaded into a school bus that has to drive past various heavily armed Friends Of Humanity type psychopaths. Everyone who survives wins the prize of getting put on ice for another decade by Jordan White.

I strongly believe the New X-Men deserve to get a book again. I think with the right cast and the right creative team, this should most likely become a high selling book, as (at least on this board) many people are longing for it.

New X-Men
    Roster: Rogue and Gambit and rotating X-Kids of the New X-Men generation and a few who came later
    Reason: The Young X-Men need to have training and guidance. Who better to do that than Mr. & Mrs. X? Rogue had this role before and she was great at it. That is why the Quiet Counsel agreed the kids should be looked after, trained and cared for. Some of these kids will be added to X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur etcetera for some missions if needed. We will get to see how Surge and Hellion react to the fact they have not been on special missions yet, but also how they finally will be. We will see a follow-up on Indra, how his powers further developed. We will see Anole and Graymalkin finding love and we will see how Bling! react on the romance between Loa and Mercury. Hijack will bring down more than just a helicarrier. We will find out why Dust really left the Champions and if Match is more than just a hothead. We will see how the kids live, love, train, learn and fail. Some will prove to be better as citizens/helpers of Krakoa, others will become are the X-Men of tomorrow.
    Love this idea and an awesome creative team, too. That the X-office has left it to other Marvel franchises to provide books focused on younger characters for so long is just inexcusable to me.

New X-Men
    Ummm, I would like this book NOW please!

Great new mission statement for Gambit and Rogue. I'd especially love to see them getting some of the "problem" children, as they themselves have dealt with some complicated pasts and family themselves.

Maybe needs another OG "anchor" character or two as teachers, but yeah I love this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Ummm, I would like this book NOW please!

Great new mission statement for Gambit and Rogue. I'd especially love to see them getting some of the "problem" children, as they themselves have dealt with some complicated pasts and family themselves.

Maybe needs another OG "anchor" character or two as teachers, but yeah I love this idea.
    Personally I'd add Danger as a teacher and counselor. She worked well with Rogue and Gambit in Carey's Legacy, and training young mutants is pretty much what she's made for. A lot of these kids are going to need someone with actual psychological expertise, and I could imagine a lot of them would be more willing to open up to a robot than some adult they might not know or trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Personally I'd add Danger as a teacher and counselor. She worked well with Rogue and Gambit in Carey's Legacy, and training young mutants is pretty much what she's made for. A lot of these kids are going to need someone with actual psychological expertise, and I could imagine a lot of them would be more willing to open up to a robot than some adult they might not know or trust.
    Yeah I could totally see that, especially since there isn't a "danger" room at present on Krakoa and she could create just about any scenario needed in any space.

I also really enjoyed Jubilee and Husk in a mentor capacity from Christina Strain's Generation X.

But I wouldn't want to make the OG anchor cast too big. They should maybe have their own minor B plot, with whatever is going on with the kids as the main plot. Could easily rotate in different mentors for a class here or lecture there, like Storm, Jean, Wolverine, etc on a guest basis which would help sales. Probably would want different kids as the focus for 3-5 issues at a time, then rotate.

Definitely would love all the relationship soapy drama money can buy while we blow up the bad guys now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Shut up and take my money! Adding Danger, this is brill. Super pragmatic but at the same time learning human-ness/emotion, particularly when it comes to mentoring. Okay, Master of Sound, you’re hired, when do you start at Marvel… now?

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    X-Factor
    Writer: Cullen Bunn (I think he has a general good handle on shades of grey stuff which I feel this book would have)
    Artist: Mattia de lulis (Art is create for a Noir/Cimatic and Spy thriller feel)
    Roster: Magneto, Quicksilver, Rictor, Val Cooper, Bishop, Tempo, Sabra, Syrin.
    The thought of Pietro and Val just sniping at each other constantly makes me smile. The overall concept is fun, but I'd buy this comic just for those two.

New X-Men
    Lots of soap opera hijinx potential and the whole subplot of getting to actually be used for special missions is a built-in way to have random guest stars in the hopes of sales bumps. Thumbs up.

Also...
    <--Avatar = Put Mercury in a comic and I buy it.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

New X-Men
    Rogue isn’t available as she’s a member of the new X-Men team.

Also—this just feels like Carey’s Legacy run 2.0. That’s not really bringing anything creative to the table.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 08-02-2021 at 11:55 PM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Shut up and take my money! Adding Danger, this is brill. Super pragmatic but at the same time learning human-ness/emotion, particularly when it comes to mentoring. Okay, Master of Sound, you’re hired, when do you start at Marvel… now?
    I wish I could. Having some awesome stories in mind.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I wish I could. Having some awesome stories in mind.
    Like I'm not even particularly married to the notion of Carey writing it? Which would be fine. But mainly what I'm missing is a book that is more character focused than mission focused. So I could easily see a different writer in this role: Christina Strain, Kelly Thompson, Leah Thompson, or Vita Ayala all spring to mind. Or you, Master of Sound! LOL

I think New Mutants and X-Factor made significant strides towards addressing what is happening with the kids, but it's still not been a true replacement for the "school" book.

We still don't really have a school book on Krakoa. New Mutants basically shows us that they're going with a sort of unschooling or extreme Montessori approach lacking any particular guidance, oganization or goals. The New Mutants, particularly Dani, Illyana, and James have stepped up into a supervisory role purely out of necessity and neglect. But it's all very vague, communal, and synergistic. It's all about exploration without any particular direction. Maybe what we're talking about is the next level of schooling for kids who want to train for something specific - be that making the X-Men team, working in the Healing Gardens, growing drugs, making art, etc. Krakoan career paths? The adults are more there to help them find the right direction or mentor for their interest than to actually meet all those needs themselves.

More interesting to me is the interpersonal drama with the teens between each other and their families.

X-Factor:

Destiny
    Madeline Prior
    Namor
    Dust
    Mr. Immortal
    Justice
    Bombshell

To be be relaunched because that’s what this book does exceptionally well already

By Al Ewing and Christian Ward

Mission Statement: Take Down Krakoa
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Marauders could use a new #1.

I’m not even sure it needs a cast or creative shakeup, aside from definitely needing more inspired color art.

The book I *want* would be something focused on mutants that haven’t traditionally been X-characters. Show me what Ricochet is doing on Krakoa.

I think Academy X is a title ripe for use, if the right premise came along. There was that mention of Bishop running a war college...
    Last edited by H-E-D; 08-03-2021 at 11:04 PM.