Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    And my non-magical sparpened shovel will still do better.
    How did you sparpen it? I’m curious.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Well, Kenshin needs a Glock Shovel or that Spetsnaz shovel. I seem to recall a thread where it was claimed that Bats could take Kenshin or was it that Bats could duplicate Kenshin's feats of mowing down a zillion average samurai in some inn?
    It's certainly plausible that Bruce could beat a whole bunch of people in an inn. Dude is considerably above a real-world human, in terms of speed, strength, skill. Like, compared to us, he's superhuman. Bruce casually catches arrows (occasionally behind himself), switches teacups in a blink of an eye, holds up a 1000 lbs ceiling from collapsing, leaps into a crowd of people (about 20 as I recall) armed with knives and pistols while Bruce himself is badly injured, dehydrated, and hopped up on hallucinogens, and flattens them all in moments without taking a single hit, etc.

However, Bruce still gets absolutely murdered by a guy who is stronger than him, fast enough to blitz him (bullet-timer), easily as skilled as him (likely moreso with a sword), and has special techniques that multiply his already considerable speed and strength advantage. <-- this guy being manga/anime Kenshin.

I read a thread about the best shovel for the car (living in snow country) that could serve also as 'tactical' instrument. Never bought one though, I should.
    I'm 100% sure there are some really great 'tactical' shovels.

I just have a hard time picturing them superior in terms of overall, general killing ability to a sword that was designed solely with that purpose in mine, has superior reach, etc. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Mighty Member

Seems like even 100 random internet nerds with real combat swords of any variety (not stainless steel wallhangers from the store on the mall) are going to trivially wipe out small groups of zombies. So long as these are movie standard, brain damage to kill, infectious bite zombies, going the 20 miles should be a cakewalk.

Astonishing Member

Watching Kingdom with faster zombies, might want Kenshins with you. As far as a tactical shovel in Canada or WNY show - it probably would be better used to dig out your car if you get stuck. Been there on that.

The Korean zombie flics are better than the Walking Dead lately.

I want to do a cross-genre samurai / Tennessee Williams-style southern-drawling zombie movie.

I’ll call it Katana Hot Tin Roof.

I thank you all.

(Yup, I’m undeservedly proud of that pun. How depressing is that?)

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Watching Kingdom with faster zombies, might want Kenshins with you. As far as a tactical shovel in Canada or WNY show - it probably would be better used to dig out your car if you get stuck. Been there on that.

The Korean zombie flics are better than the Walking Dead lately.
    Kingdom fucking rules.

"Period political thriller/zombie apocalypse prestige TV show" is a hell of a niche but it really excels.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

And my non-magical sparpened shovel will still do better.
    Only cause I take 'em on 9 at a time, and you've got a shovel fit for your cosmic size you overlarge squid-kid.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Incredible Member

I'm just over here cringing at the notion that Katanas are somehow magical zombie killing weapons.

Katana are fair to middling, I'm tired of the trope GAHHH.

... anyway, fictional character with fictional katana and bullet-timing >>> wick with a gun.
    Nobody and I mean nobody in this thread stated or even implied that "Katanas are somehow magical zombie killing weapons." The entire point was that the Kenshins would be super-effective because of his abilities. You could give him any sword and the results would be the same. Give him a scimitar, a sabre, a falchion etc and it would be the same.

I get it, you hate that trope. I get it, "weebs" are annoying. But I'm tired of people throwing a wobbler anytime they hear/read the word "katana." Again, nobody in this thread stated or even implied that "Katanas are somehow magical zombie killing weapons."

Put simply, you're overreacting and seeing things that aren't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith
    You can have 100 Kenshin level swordsmen with katanas (not his reversed one but normal) and short sword.
    That would be a wakizashi
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 08-04-2021 at 04:52 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    That would be a wakizashi
    Maybe Captain Smith meant a gladius. Or a Model 1832 Foot Artillery Sword. Short sword covers a lot of ground.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    Maybe Captain Smith meant a gladius. Or a Model 1832 Foot Artillery Sword. Short sword covers a lot of ground.
    That is true, but the wakizashi is the type of short sword that is typically paired with a katana.

Put simply, you're overreacting and seeing things that aren't there.
    This feels like projection. Though I appreciate the attention.

Oh look, it rhymed.

<3
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Nobody and I mean nobody in this thread stated or even implied that "Katanas are somehow magical zombie killing weapons."
    Hey cap it when you bold too.

But yeah, I did run most of that string together.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Astonishing Member

It is neat in Kingdom to watch the use of the matchlock rifle. I don't think Wick would like to have to deal with the wick. Excuse me for that!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

...I see I'm going to need to find Kingdom.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Can I split the difference and have 50 of each?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.