Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    I dunno... aside from the whole "Amazons killing children" thing (which absolutely should NOT be discounted), my memories of Amazons Attack are more along the lines of "dumb and incoherent" rather than "blatantly illogical character-destroying murderfest." I mean, was there any "permanent" damage inflicted by AA that wasn't almost immediately ignored?
    it wasn't immediately ignored. Gail Simone had to deal with the baggage and couldn't utilize the Amazons as they were, and was prevented from having Circe be responsible for controlling them to salvage their characters.

it also unfortunately established the precedent for the Amazons of Flashpoint and the Azzarello run.

Ultimate Member

I dunno... aside from the whole "Amazons killing children" thing (which absolutely should NOT be discounted), my memories of Amazons Attack are more along the lines of "dumb and incoherent" rather than "blatantly illogical character-destroying murderfest." I mean, was there any "permanent" damage inflicted by AA that wasn't almost immediately ignored?
    They sent the Amazons into limbo for Countdown (ugh), and IMO it hurt Wonder Woman's character to have the people who's teaching's she's supposed to be spreading, to be Mens Rights like villains

So some damage done

Extraordinary Member

Well, it made Supergirl and Wondergirl both responsible for the deaths of a plane full of innocents. It made the entire DCU's worth of heroes look like idiots, jobbing for Amazons with no reason to think the Amazons were capable of anything like that.

Hard to completely ignore stuff like that.