Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Can't speak for anyone else but I still think it's trash and the only thing that comes to mind whenever 'Heroes In Crisis' is brought up is 'kill it with fire'.
    I think we're past that with HiC. We have to nuke it from orbit, just to make sure.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Never hated it.
    This is comics.
    Multiple Earths exist.
    Except this affected the current stories.

Astonishing Member

Nope, not one bit

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    He also was getting it together and then DC decided to undo that and write a heel turn if I recall.
    What's worse is that I did found the new Green Lantern (Kyle) cool. But still, that he had to come around by proxy of Hal's character assassination was completely unnecessary. If they wanted a clean state, they could have written anything better and I mean ANYTHING. Come on. Some incredibly powerful villain destroys the Corps, Hal is the last hope, he goes out in an heroic sacrifice (you could even have him still absorb the entire central battery to beat him but it's too much for him), Kyle is the last Lantern.
    Last edited by Maxi; 08-03-2021 at 05:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    Except this affected the current stories.
    Which could all be apart of a different timeline. Either way, I'm fairly certain all of the supposed "gripes" have been addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    This is my single favorite response. Great question.

While I read as a kid from about 1991 to 1998 I never read much.

But in 2016 I became a huge collector.

The only one I actually read from what you listed was Identity Crisis.

Just as far as the art, the way it all unfolds, it was so interesting to me and I'd heard a lot of the negative before I read it so I was braced for disappointment.

Once the end hit and the sorta copout ending was expected I really didn't have any problem with it... certainly I could see why people would be frustrated but... like I said I expected a annoying conclusion so it was more about the journey. And I liked the journey.

Like I said I never read the other books listed.

I would comment that Zero Hour got pegged as bad and it didnt read so well ... it being older and me not having read enough leading up to it probably didnt help. I do have a curiosity to reread it with more context.

**** I still havent finished Crisis on Infinite Earths... got over half way through. Brilliant brilliant concepts. Horrificly wordy and repetitive writing... I ended up watching YouTube synopsis's etc...

Sort of the reverse of your question I was so incredibly let down by All Star Superman. Will forever be one of my lowest rated dc books... having said that watching the animated movie several months after gave me a new appreciation for a story that was so popular that I hated... the animated movie redeemed the book for me... but I still promptly sold the book and will never read that story again.

I'd be interested in continuing this line of convo...
    But I've probably not read much of the hated stories... since I'm a newer reader I do research and likely avoid most of the classically hated stories.

Teen Titans, Volume 5: The Trial of Kid Flash by Scott Lobdell .... this is a hated story that is even some what similar to HiC that totally character assassinates Bart... I wouldn't dare reread this and pretty sure it was totally ignored in any future stories or quickly retconned.
    I'm happy that you find enjoyment in your comics. It's good not to be an embittered old fanboy like me.

Other than that, let's just say that we have wildly divergent tastes, and politely leave it at that

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Mate, I've read every issue of the Flash DC has published.
    Everything that has come AFTER HiC has simply been DC trying to unscrew the pooch.
    Well, it's totally unscrewed as of the last Flash annual. DC clearly wants to forget the story and move on. Roy Harper is back. There's an easy way to bring back the rest of the dead characters, too. Say that they returned when the multiverse restarted. Have Solstice and Hotspot turn up at Titans Academy, for instance.

DC wanted to do another Identity Crisis and failed. The end.

Let it go already.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Never hated it.
    This is comics.
    Multiple Earths exist.
    Also one of the better responses in this thread.

This is definitely more my point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    I still think it is a terrible story...for so many reasons. Trashing Wally and so much of it doesn't make sense.

BUT...it doesn't bother me anymore because Jeremy Adams kicked all sorts of ass fixing it and made it a fun read at the same time. So HIC is still horrible but I don't care anymore.
    A few have made this same sentiment...

I guess my question in regard to "wally being **** on"

Is this how people feel about the endless villian superman plots? Or superman been mind controlled? Or superman turns evil for one reason or another... or is mind controlled by ivy for example.... is that to shitting on superman?

My thought has always been that people snap. People snap for different reasons. I legitimately am diagnosed bipolar and have been hospitalized for it.

Hal Jordan snapping afte coast city and becoming parallax never felt off for me.

Wally having been literally disappeared and lost to the universe... then pulled out of nothingness... who is to say his mind isn't broken... his powers are out of wack...

People claim. They didnt take mental health seriously enough in hic... it was to surface level...

But when perry was diagnosed with cancer I cant say that serious subject matter recieved any deep dive analysis.

Any case Ill keep trying to respond to these comments.

Thanks for the input

A few have made this same sentiment...

I guess my question in regard to "wally being **** on"

Is this how people feel about the endless villian superman plots? Or superman been mind controlled? Or superman turns evil for one reason or another... or is mind controlled by ivy for example.... is that to shitting on superman?
    Evil Superman is never the Superman from main continuity, there is no reason to complain about that. And him being mind controlled is literally out of his control.

But in HiC all actions that Wally did were of his choice and in the main continuity.

It's really weird that people try to defend this character assassination when the writer of this book already stated that he regrets making Wally the murderer and would have not done again if he had the chance.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Evil Superman is never the Superman from main continuity, there is no reason to complain about that. And him being mind controlled is literally out of his control.

But in HiC all actions that Wally did were of his choice and in the main continuity.

It's really weird that people try to defend this character assassination when the writer of this book already stated that he regrets making Wally the murderer and would have not done again if he had the chance.
    Thank you for saving me the response. I could not have said it better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

No hic explicitly states his powers are outta wack...

Obviously the writer stated this due to a vocal backlash.

For me Hals meltdown. And turning to evil as parallax and eventual redemption in final night and later johns book Rebirth is a spectacular journey.

And I'm personally pleased wally has an awesome journey to follow to now...

But yah it appears the consensus at least on this forum is people dont like hic or the journey he's been on or currently on...
    Last edited by Menacer; 08-03-2021 at 11:57 AM.

No it explicitly states his powers are outta wack.
    Wally made the decision to trick Booster and Harley into thinking that the other had committed the murders and then he positioned the bodies, which inclued his own, just so to frame them before trying kill himself.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    never forget lol

How bad is this?
    How bad is this?

One of the lowest moment of a bad story.

Incredible Member

For me Hals meltdown. And turning to evil as parallax and eventual redemption in final night and later johns book Rebirth is a spectacular journey.

And I'm personally pleased wally has an awesome journey to follow to now...
    Wally already had an awesome journey to follow. It's called The Flash Vol. 2 and there are 225 issues of it. You see him going from sidekick taking the mantle of his dead mentor and doing some questionable and immature choices to legendary hero who settles down and becomes a family man.