Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Well now that Stephanie is single how about spoiler and static.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Well now that Stephanie is single how about spoiler and static.
    That... Is a pretty great idea.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I must be the only one who thought this was juvenile.

If you're going for an innuendo, at least make it clever and not an internet shit post.
    I think that's part of what made it funny. Leslie wanted to facepalm as much as you did. What Black Lightning said was... not that funny, but her reaction made it better.
    Livewire is kind of loud mouth who would make even a wise cracker like Virgil want to plug in his ears. I'm going by Virgil's characterization on the tv show here but I can easily imagine Virgil staring off to the distance after an interaction with Livewire and going 'I get it now. This must be how all my bad guys feel, they just get so fed up with all the jokes they just want to hit something'.
    Well to be fair to Livewire, that's only when she's "on". Which... any time she's angry. But if she's in a good mood? not so much.
    As for who might make for a good Livewire pairing. How about Nightwing (again)? :P

Nightwing has this look like "NO! not THAT! I'm not James Bond!" But that story is a good example of how she's actually rather nice... if she's not trying to be obnoxious. Nightwing and Livewire teamed up to hack the alien ship, and she was only moderately snarky about it. I'd forgotten how heavy the flirting was though... there was a lot of it. And apparently Nightwing knows enough Tamaranean he was able to talk to a computer in it? Yeah that was part of what Nightwing's contribution was. Livewire didn't know the language used, but Tamaranean could work. Livewire.. well... this is a comic that does a LOT more with her powers than just throw lightning at people. She fries a few robots with lightning, but she also took control of the alien ship after they got to the control room.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I think that's part of what made it funny. Leslie wanted to facepalm as much as you did. What Black Lightning said was... not that funny, but her reaction made it better.
    Well to be fair to Livewire, that's only when she's "on". Which... any time she's angry. But if she's in a good mood? not so much.
    Nightwing has this look like "NO! not THAT! I'm not James Bond!" But that story is a good example of how she's actually rather nice... if she's not trying to be obnoxious. Nightwing and Livewire teamed up to hack the alien ship, and she was only moderately snarky about it. I'd forgotten how heavy the flirting was though... there was a lot of it. And apparently Nightwing knows enough Tamaranean he was able to talk to a computer in it? Yeah that was part of what Nightwing's contribution was. Livewire didn't know the language used, but Tamaranean could work. Livewire.. well... this is a comic that does a LOT more with her powers than just throw lightning at people. She fries a few robots with lightning, but she also took control of the alien ship after they got to the control room.
    I think I might have read that comic. Is it from Kurt Busiek's Action Comics?

Spectacular Member

Jon lane Kent’s Superboy and heretic

Bloodsport and Livewire
    The J-man

Vandal Savage and Granny Goodness.

Dr Light and Tarantula (I'm going to hell for this).

Quote Originally Posted by Vathlonian View Post
    Jon lane Kent’s Superboy and heretic
    As long as Heretic is of age, I'm here for this. It would certainly give Jon some edginess and it would be worth it just to see Damien's reaction.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Atomica and Black Manta. Even though she tried to kill him in the comics, in my DC universe, she's a tortured soul forced to do evil by her husband Johnny Quick, and with Batgirl and Bumblebee's help, she reforms and turns against him (like Harley Quinn and The Joker.) Then she remembers the "hero" who murdered the rest of the Crime Syndicate, Black Manta, and hooks up with him instead.

There's also Harley Quinn and Cyborg, given their interactions in Injustice and the fact that Cyborg saves Harley in the sequel.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Dr Light and Tarantula (I'm going to hell for this).
    Hmmm not sure which characters even.... Arthur or Kimiyo? Also why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Bloodsport and Livewire
    Heh, he's one of those Superman villains who shows up on teams a lot because while he's dangerous... he's not the guy to directly confront Superman usually. I could totally see them together on a Superman Revenge Squad though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Goblin View Post
    I think I might have read that comic. Is it from Kurt Busiek's Action Comics?
    Oh yes! the story was AC#841-843

One aspect I really liked was how Superman in a crisis situation throws together an ad-hoc team out of whoever happens to be around.... and just runs with it. Some of them are total nobodies that seem to have been chosen solely because of the "who's that?" angle. You see a LOT of recognizable characters in the detention blocks on the ship, but that's not who is helping Superman. And Livewire is the only odd one out, since she's a villain who doesn't even like Superman. But also, other than Firestorm, and Aquaman(jr), she's the one with powers... and flirts with Nightwing a lot. This is seemingly written as the first time the two of them have met in person, but they seem to know each other by reputation. In Livewire's case she apparently thought Nightwing had a "tight butt" before meeting him in person.

Dick Grayson and Power girl

Jessica Cruz and Nightwing

King Shark and Orca

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmmm not sure which characters even.... Arthur or Kimiyo? Also why?
    Arthur Light and Catalina Flores.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Arthur Light and Catalina Flores.
    You monster. lol
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Steve Trevor and Lady Blackhawk