Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Bruce Wayne and Vixen

Steve Trevor and Lana Lang

Dinah Lance and Hal Jordan

Vixen and Kaldur (Aqualad)

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Power Girl and Doctor Mid-Nite (Pieter Cross).
    For many reasons, but the irony of the world's most lusted after woman taking interest in a blind man is hilarious. I think there's quite a lot to work with with these two, but a decade later that still makes me laugh so I had to add it.
    I've always liked the idea of this pairing. They're also complementary temperaments, and with Cross being the more level-headed one and having obviously less power, they flip a few of the traditional gender dynamics which could be interesting. And Cross strikes me as someone secure enough in himself to date someone so much more powerful without feeling threatened.

Martian Manhunter & Dr. Mist

Cyborg & Starfire - only "unconventional" in the sense that DC would be unlikely allow it due to their insistence on Starfire's attachment to Dick but the pairing makes a ton of sense given their long history together.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I've always liked the idea of this pairing. They're also complementary temperaments, and with Cross being the more level-headed one and having obviously less power, they flip a few of the traditional gender dynamics which could be interesting. And Cross strikes me as someone secure enough in himself to date someone so much more powerful without feeling threatened.
    That, and I think his clinic he operates when he's not busy superheroing (for free to aid the destitute, if I recall correctly) would inspire her a lot. Despite his disability, he overcomes it and uses his skills to help the least fortunate but asks for no praise nor acknowledgement. He's very understated, but compassionate, and yeah absolutely secure in himself and his faith. You could tell he's fine with people who disagree with him (from his conversations on faith with Mister Terrific).

Glad to see I'm not the only fan.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by M L A View Post
    Dick Grayson and Power Girl.

Meme butt and meme boobs. Dick is used to dating aliens more powerful than him. They both like to have fun. And Peeg doesn't have a token batcharacter to hang with like the others as Helena Wayne will probably never come back to life and be her friend. Also Kory vs Babs is played out, and I think Peeg is well liked by writers and fans enough to withstand the Dickbabs vs Dickkory war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Power Girl Nightwing. First family members.

some of you clearly did not read the 2009 Powerfirl series

The J-man

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    some of you clearly did not read the 2009 Powerfirl series

Since when was it established that every A to B list superhero knew Batman's identity? Did Brad Meltzer kick that off?

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Vixen and Dr. Mist. Wasn't Vixen lusting after some older dude in Justice League Detroit? Dale Gunn, I think his name was. LOL
    Yep. Both Vixen and Zatanna were competing for him. I don't get it. The guy looked like somebody's uncle.

John Stewart and Jade (Jennifer Lynn Hayden)

Thomas Reese Blake/Catman and Talia Al Ghul

Cyborg/Victor Stone and Starlight/Natasha Irons

Dinah Drake Lance (Black Canary ) and Ted Grant (Wildcat)

Barbara Gordon and Pamela Lillian Isley

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Cyborg & Starfire - only "unconventional" in the sense that DC would be unlikely allow it due to their insistence on Starfire's attachment to Dick but the pairing makes a ton of sense given their long history together.
    I've been saying the same thing. It would be a really interesting combination and would solve lots of problems that each of them has in their romantic history.

Hmmm, Lobo and Giganta??? Might work.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Since when was it established that every A to B list superhero knew Batman's identity? Did Brad Meltzer kick that off?
    At the time Pre-New 52, they'd known each other for a while. The JSA and Justice League were much closer. This was also the time when DC had the second generaiton of heroes starting to take over.

Plus this is Power Girl. Of course she knew Bruce was Batman. You act like this is Constantine or B'wana Beast. She's in the Superman family, and everyone short of Steel knows Bruce was Batman (plus they thought he was dead from Final Crisis at the time of this issue anyway).

The main Justice League members, Teen Titans Generaitons 1 to 3, and basically anyone Bruce regularly interacted with. Zatana, Batfamily etc. etc.

It's kind of surprising Gordon didn't know at that point.
    The J-man

Dick Grayson and Yara Flor.

Dick and Yara would be DC'S premier interracial and young adult couple, as well as something new, fresh and less bat centric for dick, and yara would get another very strong connection with one of the most popular characters in the DCU. Exactly what a young new character like yara needs to help her stick around long term. Yes yara is early to mid 20s and dick is mid to late 20s so age is not a problem. Original boy wonder with new wonder girl. Make that interracial couple money DC.

Dick Grayson and Diana Prince.

DC'S premier strong powerful woman with DC'S premier man candy. It would be an inverse of the old powerful man with the young hot woman. Plus Bruce and Donna faces . Diana and Donna's "girl talk" would so weird and funny. Dick threatening to tell Diana about Bruce being a jerk to him, comedy gold. Plus a WonderWoman/Nightwing world's finest would be awesome. Diana's status would bring Nightwing to new heights and Dick would give Wonder Woman a lover that's young, popular, sexy and funny
    Last edited by WonderNight; 08-02-2021 at 11:28 PM.

Yeah, hum, no thanks. Diana has already dated plenty of action heroes. She needs someone poetic in her life. Not someone who reads poetry, someone that embodies poetry. Like Death of the Endless, or B'wanna Beast, or Dream Girl (from Legion of the Superheroes) or Saint Walker.
    Last edited by Alpha; 08-02-2021 at 11:37 PM.

look Dick Grayson is one of my favorite DC heroes, but can y'all stop with these random pairings. He does not need to date, everyone.
    The J-man