Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I don't like the Renee and Bruce pairing. I would think they would just make it each other miserable.

Astonishing Member

Bruce and Ivy.

Bruce has nothing to offer to Ivy. He doesn't care about the things Ivy cares about, and he won't go along with her plans.

Astonishing Member

That's what's you think, ivy wants Batmans penor.

Mia Dearden (Speedy) and Eddie Bloomberg (Kid Devil/Red Devil) - I just think they have compatible personalities. Well, certain aspects at certain times, anyway.

Late '80s/early '90s Bette Kane (Flamebird) and Booster Gold (why do I never call him by name?) - they would be fun. Totally temporary. But hot, built, rich, and in for a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    That's what's you think, ivy wants Batmans penor.
    Has Ivy historically shown interest in men, other than for the purposes of manipulation? Harley Quinn is the only character I know that Ivy has shown actual interest in.

Anybody got any ideas on a boyfriend for Connor Hawke (one canonically attracted to males)?

BANNED

Superman and brainiac 5

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Anybody got any ideas on a boyfriend for Connor Hawke (one canonically attracted to males)?
    How old is Conner? The only I can think of in the same age range is Bunker. Also Conner Hawke is Gay?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Has Ivy historically shown interest in men, other than for the purposes of manipulation? Harley Quinn is the only character I know that Ivy has shown actual interest in.
    Batman is someone she's been attracted to over the years. She's shown physical attraction to some guys too. She's canonically bisexual.

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Batman and Rene Montoya

For obvious reasons this paring will never happen at least not in continuity and would still probably be met with controversy even if done in an elseworlds book.
    A pre Question Montoya working as a police detective having a relationship with Batman could've been an interesting concept to explore. How would they she deal with Bruce being a Vigilante and how would being with him impact his job? Would he try offering training and role in his operation and would she accept? Both have very different backgrounds, she being a daughters of immigrants and him being the last heir of a billionaire old money family. You could do a lot with it honestly
    Not a big Batwoman reader but doesn't almost all of this work with Kate as well? I'm purposely avoiding trashing pairings here, but this does feel like straightwashing, so to speak.
    Last edited by Robanker; 08-05-2021 at 02:51 PM.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Batman is someone she's been attracted to over the years. She's shown physical attraction to some guys too. She's canonically bisexual.
    How can we be sure that she actually was attracted to Bruce, and not just trying to nullify him?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    she dated and almost married Kiteman
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    How old is Conner? The only I can think of in the same age range is Bunker. Also Conner Hawke is Gay?
    Well, he was early on. Or at least, it was indicated he was in the comics I read, though not explicitly stated (I took it as a fact at the time, since Mia was acting like that was the case, and he didn't comment when she did so). Then Ollie turned more ******* again and I quit reading. Later Dixon wrote him straight, but I haven't read that. But my reading of Green Arrow in the era is spotty, so maybe I'm wrong. I'd like to read more of him, but not with Kyle (I just don't care for the character all that much), not by Dixon, and not if I have to read *******!Ollie. I liked the better Ollie.

Don't know anything about the New52 version.

The original version (I was thinking of) was at least 18 when introduced in 1994, but I'm not sure we got an exact age. Young adult anyway.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 08-05-2021 at 03:40 PM.

Zatanna and Mr Terrific sounds like an awesome team up, not sure about them as a romantic couple though.

Wonder Woman and Mr Terrific on the other hand sounds like an interesting imo. He works for the same reason Diana/Steve and Diana/Bruce works. A bad ass normal hero who contrasts well with the warrior princess.

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Batman and Rene Montoya

For obvious reasons this paring will never happen at least not in continuity and would still probably be met with controversy even if done in an elseworlds book.
    A pre Question Montoya working as a police detective having a relationship with Batman could've been an interesting concept to explore. How would they she deal with Bruce being a Vigilante and how would being with him impact his job? Would he try offering training and role in his operation and would she accept? Both have very different backgrounds, she being a daughters of immigrants and him being the last heir of a billionaire old money family. You could do a lot with it honestly
    If you want Batman to hook up with bad ass female cop, I can think of an even better option.

Edits by cyberrider12 (https://www.deviantart.com/cyberride...ind-852060064c)

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Well, he was originally. Or at least, it was indicated he was in the comics I read. Then Ollie turned more ******* again and I quit reading. Later Dixon wrote him straight. Don't know anything about the New52 version.

The original version (I was thinking of) was at least 18 when introduced in 1994, but I'm not sure we got an exact age.
    He wasn't gay. He grew up in a monastery and thus was a complete novice when it came to dating. His naivete and complete obliviousness and disinterest in women flirting with him lead audiences to think he was gay. This annoyed Dixon so he set out to 'prove' that Connor was not gay by having him sleep with Shado no less.

I will add that Connor is more gay coded and him being outright confirmed as gay would be a logical development for his character.