Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Superman's harem - Lois, Lana, Maxima, Bruce...
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    He wasn't gay. He grew up in a monastery and thus was a complete novice when it came to dating. His naivete and complete obliviousness and disinterest in women flirting with him lead audiences to think he was gay. This annoyed Dixon so he set out to 'prove' that Connor was not gay by having him sleep with Shado no less.

I will add that Connor is more gay coded and him being outright confirmed as gay would be a logical development for his character.
    I could have sworn he was bi-sexual. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing him develop an awkward relationship with Jonathan Michael Carter as well.

Batman, Dick Grayson, Jeff Sloan, John Constantine, Dale Colton- I can't think of a Zatanna pairing where the other half didn't feel like the writers self insert. There is Wonder Woman but even though I like the possibility it's a strong friendship and not a confirmed romance.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Why do you feel that way? I'm not like opposed to Wonder Woman and Mister Terrific, but it's not really an exciting combo. Zatana and Mister Terrific on the other hand have the chemistry of coming about things from totally different ways, though not necessarily conflicting. And seeing them try to figure each other out and kind of gain from each other's approach could be really exciting. Man, that could be such a good book.
    Good for a team up but not for a long term hook up. They come from two entirely different worlds and would diminish both characters if they are away from their respective worlds for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I don't see Zatanna and Mr. Terrific working. That's oil and water. They are from opposite extremes. They could be on an adventure together but a serious relationship? You're gonna give a good writer a really bad headache.

Wonder Woman and Mr. Terrific would be fine, but I don't feel like its a relationship that would be embraced by their collective fanbases (Wonder Woman's being far larger). I think Mr. Terrific pulls his weight a little better then Trevor does compared to Wonder Woman. They are both unique and best at what they do, however, Diana is still Wonder Woman. She's a God or demi-god depending on your canon. That's kind of a smothering relationship for his character. I'm not talking about Michael having insecurities I'm talking about the fact that she's Wonder Woman.

I don't care if it's the smartest man in the world, if he's dating Wonder Woman he's Diana's boyfriend first and foremost. Even if it's Batman. You can make him the perfect Bruce Timm DCAU version. If he's dating Wonder Woman everything else is overshadowed. I don't care how great he is. Wonder Woman is that great. You better be more than an average guy. I'm not saying you've got to be Superman but you've got to be on her level if this is gonna be an equitable relationship.
    Yeah, that's the problem with cross franchise pairings. There has to be a compromise where one sides world takes a back seat to the other. Mr Terrific can't go too deep in his science based adventures if he's fighting monsters with WW and WW can't do her thing if she's too caught up in Terrific's adventures.

They are both flexible characters right? I feel like Michael and Zatanna though coming from very different places equally love studying new things and memorizing. And it's not like they both rely on JSA and JLD. They can have individual adventures with a fusion of science and magic without having to focus on each other's teams.
    Last edited by Alpha; 08-07-2021 at 02:16 AM.

zatanna and nightwing
    cyborg and starfire
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Incredible Member

I have a hard time believing that Lana Lang would want to be part of a Superman harem. Lana has too much
    fire for that. I know Lois would never put up with that. She doesn't put up with that crap. I don't know how but
    if Clark suggested it: Lois would find a way to put him on the floor.

Hmm... here's a hard one: Livewire!

Why is it hard? In a way it's easy since she doesn't have any romantic partners. Well... she also doesn't have a whole lot of stuff exploring who she'd like to have as a romantic partner either.

But.. someone like Static? maybe. They're both a bit nerdy, and I'm kinda wondering if their powers would work together.

Or maybe a Kryptonian? The one person I can think of that she flirted with(even if jokingly) was Superman.

easy Livewire and Black Lightning

the writers knew what they were doing
    The J-man

I thought of that.... but..... I concluded that you'd have to do a lot of work explaining why she want to be in that relationship. 'cause she didn't really seem to like him the first time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Good for a team up but not for a long term hook up. They come from two entirely different worlds and would diminish both characters if they are away from their respective worlds for too long.
    The topic is about unconventional pairings, though, not what's the most obvious thing to do.

Anyway, differences are often what make pairings interesting.

The most interesting romance I've seen Mr. Terrific in was with Power Girl. Though...I don't think it was that interesting. The idea of it was more interesting than the execution from what I read.

I guess if you wanted to put Mr. Terrific in a more 'expected' type of pairing, you could put him with Kimiyo Hoshi Doctor Light. Their color scheme is even similar

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I thought when they made the terrifics comic, That they should have used deadly nightshade instead of Phantom girl.
    And allow Mr. Terrific to have a relationship with her A serious one.

This is because I forget that that power girl and Mr. Terrific terrific we're sleeping together on Earth too not the regular Earth.

So I think that we should encode it that Kara and Michael We're together for a while in a lustful spin A wild romance that didn't last for... reasons.

And that he could start dating deadly nightshade who is a magical character "or interdimensional rather" which leads to a very serious relationship. Ala FF4

This sets up something really cool... A-line between captain Atom and Mr. Terrific in which Nathaniel doesn't really like Holt.

"Seems to me that all you have an aptitude for is creeping around for my exes Holt" - Captain Atom.

Basically revealed that Atoms feelings for nightshade had been much deeper and he really wanted his goth waifu even back when they were partners. Wasn't the right time.

...then later... at the end of time. It's Captian Atom (in a final form) and Death of the endless in love. He's the last thing left of our reality and she falls for him and vice versa while waiting waiting him to decide to die. So she can "reach over and turn out the light..." on this universe.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Extraordinary Member

O
    M
    G
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost busted out laughing at work!

I must be the only one who thought this was juvenile.

If you're going for an innuendo, at least make it clever and not an internet shit post.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Goblin View Post
    The topic is about unconventional pairings, though, not what's the most obvious thing to do.

Anyway, differences are often what make pairings interesting.
    I took unconventional to mean 'characters you don't normally see together but would make for an interesting pairing'.

I think WW and Holt can work but not Holt and Zatanna.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmm... here's a hard one: Livewire!

Why is it hard? In a way it's easy since she doesn't have any romantic partners. Well... she also doesn't have a whole lot of stuff exploring who she'd like to have as a romantic partner either.

But.. someone like Static? maybe. They're both a bit nerdy, and I'm kinda wondering if their powers would work together.
    Livewire is kind of loud mouth who would make even a wise cracker like Virgil want to plug in his ears. I'm going by Virgil's characterization on the tv show here but I can easily imagine Virgil staring off to the distance after an interaction with Livewire and going 'I get it now. This must be how all my bad guys feel, they just get so fed up with all the jokes they just want to hit something'.

As for who might make for a good Livewire pairing. How about Nightwing (again)? :P

Nightwing is such an uninspired pairing in the sense that people can pair him with anyone.

Give me Aqualad and Tula
    The J-man