Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Copying what I posted over in DC Films thread:
    yeah, like i said "mountain of salt ". But viewerAnon has proven to be pretty reliable (he leaked the Star Wars sequels plots early as well as Avengers:Endgame plus the ones you mentioned) so...maybe Cavill IS in the movie? Its third hand knowledge though according to him, so who knows? Time will tell. I know you disagree but I want to see Henry back and given at the very least a solo send off on a high note.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 08-04-2021 at 12:12 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    yeah, like i said "mountain of salt ". But viewerAnon has proven to be pretty reliable (he leaked the Star Wars sequels plots early as well as Avengers:Endgame plus the ones you mentioned) so...maybe Cavill IS in the movie? Its third hand knowledge though according to him, so who knows? Time will tell. I know you disagree but I want to see Henry back and given at the very least a solo send off on a high note.
    I don’t believe Cavill has the potential to be this “great” Superman others think he could be, but I’d maybe give him another chance as long as Snyder, Goyer, and Terrio weren’t involved. Put him against Brainiac or send him to Warworld to fight Mongul and I’d probably go watch another movie with him it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    He was planned to be, actually. The scene at the end with Martian Manhunter was supposed to have two Green Lanterns in it, and at one time, one of them was supposed to be Ryan Reynolds. Well, that fell through, and then Wayne T. Carr as John Stewart, with one of the alien GLs didn't happen somehow... I think it's similar to the "Bat-Embargo" where they were worried about the GLs overlapping with the alleged upcoming HBO series?

And then someone hit on the idea of using Martian Manhunter instead, and Zack said, "Oh, cool! We'll do that."

Originally they filmed just Affleck's side of that scene, back in 2017, with plans to shoot the GL scenes separately once they'd worked out all the actor stuff. Funnily enough, they had to reshoot Affleck as well, because originally the whole scene was kind of bathed in green light!

Anyway, as for Cavill, well, I hope it's true, and I hope the rumors of bringing him back for a new Superman movie are also true. We'll see. I'm not exactly holding my breath, but I'd be really happy about it.
    Snyder considering the idea of Reynolds being in it is a far cry from the rumors that claimed he was actually in the movie. Likewise, I have no doubt that at some point Cavill was intended to have a role in the movie, but I'm highly skeptical of whether or not we'll actually see him up on the screen.

Is The Flash movie still planned to reboot the universe? Then I wouldn't be surprised to see Cavill in it, in a sort of "final hurray" for his Superman.

Can't say I'll miss him though. Dude's a good actor but I can only think of two words to sum up his version and that's "wasted potential".
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

He was planned to be, actually. The scene at the end with Martian Manhunter was supposed to have two Green Lanterns in it, and at one time, one of them was supposed to be Ryan Reynolds. Well, that fell through, and then Wayne T. Carr as John Stewart, with one of the alien GLs didn't happen somehow... I think it's similar to the "Bat-Embargo" where they were worried about the GLs overlapping with the alleged upcoming HBO series?

And then someone hit on the idea of using Martian Manhunter instead, and Zack said, "Oh, cool! We'll do that."

Originally they filmed just Affleck's side of that scene, back in 2017, with plans to shoot the GL scenes separately once they'd worked out all the actor stuff. Funnily enough, they had to reshoot Affleck as well, because originally the whole scene was kind of bathed in green light!

Anyway, as for Cavill, well, I hope it's true, and I hope the rumors of bringing him back for a new Superman movie are also true. We'll see. I'm not exactly holding my breath, but I'd be really happy about it.
    I really don't understand what the hell Snyder was thinking just substituting Martian Manhunter for Green Lantern AND making him General Whatshisface. His entire appearance in the Snyder Cut was a slap in the face for Martian Manhunter fans.
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Monk View Post
    I really don't understand what the hell Snyder was thinking just substituting Martian Manhunter for Green Lantern AND making him General Whatshisface. His entire appearance in the Snyder Cut was a slap in the face for Martian Manhunter fans.
    My only problem with Swanwick being MM is the way it ruined the Martha/Lois scene in the Snyder cut. One of the best acted scenes in the whole thing with real emotional heft...and not only does it not turn out to be Martha Kent, its actually Swanwick/Manhunter pretending to be her. It wasn't originally intended to be that way but Snyder wanted to show off MM's shape shifting powers. If it wasn't for that, I would have no real problem with it. Although he could have come in handy during the Zod invasion and the Doomsday fight though Instead of just giving out orders as Swanwick.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Monk View Post
    Is The Flash movie still planned to reboot the universe? Then I wouldn't be surprised to see Cavill in it, in a sort of "final hurray" for his Superman.

Can't say I'll miss him though. Dude's a good actor but I can only think of two words to sum up his version and that's "wasted potential".
    The reboot thing is still mostly rumor. There were rumors Batfleck would only be in the movie very briefly to kill off his Bruce Wayne, but apparently he has at least one action sequence in the suit, so who knows at this point? Its possible nothing is rebooted and this is just a way to establish the multiverse and open the door for Keaton to start cameoing .

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    The reboot thing is still mostly rumor. There were rumors Batfleck would only be in the movie very briefly to kill off his Bruce Wayne, but apparently he has at least one action sequence in the suit, so who knows at this point? Its possible nothing is rebooted and this is just a way to establish the multiverse and open the door for Keaton to start cameoing .
    We know a scene is being shot where Barry & Iris leave the courthouse, with Barry wearing his Flash ring, and Barry meets Keaton and Sasha Supergirl afterwards. That’s probably one of the last scenes, and it’s extremely likely they’re replacing Affleck with Keaton. Rumors I’ve heard say they plan to delete BvS, SS, and JL (both versions) from continuity, but MoS will remain. So really it’s just Affleck getting erased and only because he wants out.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm indifferent with Cavill's Superman, but I'm not sure this one will pan out. I don't doubt that the guy loves the role and would jump back onto the role for another solo movie or JL team up. But he doesn't seem interested in doing cameos, see Shazam or how they had to reuse old footage for new scenes in the Snyder Cut.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Keaton's no spring chicken. Seems like if you were going to replace Affleck, one would want to pick someone who is younger. Not older.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Keaton's no spring chicken. Seems like if you were going to replace Affleck, one would want to pick someone who is younger. Not older.
    They have: Robert Pattinson. He will be the main Batman on the big screen. Keaton is around to lend Batman’s brand power to smaller character such as Batgirl supposedly, the way they want to do with Cavill’s Superman as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Snyder considering the idea of Reynolds being in it is a far cry from the rumors that claimed he was actually in the movie. Likewise, I have no doubt that at some point Cavill was intended to have a role in the movie, but I'm highly skeptical of whether or not we'll actually see him up on the screen.
    Keep in mind, at the time those rumors were flying around, nobody outside of its development had actually seen the Snyder Cut. Anything that was known to have been planned at some point had an okay chance of being true. I'm not gonna be hard on fans for speculating about a film project they were really excited about and knew only the basics of what it entailed.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    We know a scene is being shot where Barry & Iris leave the courthouse, with Barry wearing his Flash ring, and Barry meets Keaton and Sasha Supergirl afterwards. That’s probably one of the last scenes, and it’s extremely likely they’re replacing Affleck with Keaton. Rumors I’ve heard say they plan to delete BvS, SS, and JL (both versions) from continuity, but MoS will remain. So really it’s just Affleck getting erased and only because he wants out.
    I've seen the same rumors about the DCEU "deleting" movies from its timeline too, but at this point it's just that, rumors. Anything is possible though. Its possible that Batfleck will see the same fate as Cavill's Superman (assuming he isn't returning). I.E. he exists within the universe and its established he's still there, but we just won't see him. Keaton's Bruce Wayne crossing over into the DCEU and making appearances doesn't require Batfleck to die or get erased. Its true that is the most likely scenario, but time will tell.

Its interesting the new Batgirl series is using JK Simmons as Jim Gordon. It would be weird to erase Batfleck and try and say that JK Simmons is now retroactively Keaton's Commishonor Gordon. That's evidence of Batfleck or the events of previous DCEU films NOT being erased. Probably more sidestepped.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 08-08-2021 at 05:28 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Keep in mind, at the time those rumors were flying around, nobody outside of its development had actually seen the Snyder Cut. Anything that was known to have been planned at some point had an okay chance of being true. I'm not gonna be hard on fans for speculating about a film project they were really excited about and knew only the basics of what it entailed.
    Speculation is one thing, but there were people claiming, like this "leaker" here, that they'd actually seen Ryan Reynolds as GL in the Snyder Cut.

Like I said, I'm skeptical of any rumors until there's either an official press release about Cavill returning or I've seen him in the movie itself

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    The only way having an old Bruce Wayne stick around makes sense IMO is if they make a Batman Beyond movie.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"