Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Henry Cavill Claimed To Be In The Flash

Guy who leaked a pic from the set of the Flash with Flash’s new suit:

2681FCE3-FE44-4016-9521-9575F7945C8B.jpg

Says that Cavill is in there as well:
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

He should've leaked Cavill in the suit instead. lol.

Odd that they didn’t put out an article through THR if true, like they did Affleck. Could be an exit for Cavill as well, or a return for more cameos.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Maybe the "Cavill" in question is Henry B. Cavill, and not THE Henry Cavill...

Retired

"Henry Cavill Claimed To Be In The Flash" is ambiguous. It's an odd construction, as it could be taken to mean that, at one time, Henry Cavill claimed to be in THE FLASH.

BANNED

If they want to make a rebirth style soft reboot...than it makes sense to keep cavill as his Lois is implied to be pregnant and Henry Superman would benefit from the tone of that kind of movie

It also allows for them to get henry back in a later date
    Last edited by kryptonian; 08-02-2021 at 03:41 PM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I'll believe it when I see it. Literally.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    "Henry Cavill Claimed To Be In The Flash" is ambiguous. It's an odd construction, as it could be taken to mean that, at one time, Henry Cavill claimed to be in THE FLASH.
    Probably should’ve wrote “leaker claims Cavill will be in Flash movie” but I was pressed for time lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Guy who leaked a pic from the set of the Flash with Flash’s new suit:

2681FCE3-FE44-4016-9521-9575F7945C8B.jpg

Says that Cavill is in there as well:
    Do you have a link or picture of him actually saying that it's Cavill? Cause that picture just says "Superman" which, frankly, doesn't have to mean Cavill any more.

Because I'm skeptical as all hell - unless Superman's just put in as a tease for Black Adam and we discover Dwayne Johnson got his wish of kicking Cavill's Superman's ass on screen and that's how WB is writing Superman out of the DCEU. Because that I could totally see being the case, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Do you have a link or picture of him actually saying that it's Cavill? Cause that picture just says "Superman" which, frankly, doesn't have to mean Cavill any more.

Because I'm skeptical as all hell - unless Superman's just put in as a tease for Black Adam and we discover Dwayne Johnson got his wish of kicking Cavill's Superman's ass on screen and that's how WB is writing Superman out of the DCEU. Because that I could totally see being the case, sadly.
    Can you not see the second pic? He confirms that he’s talking about Cavill since people did ask him which Superman he meant. It seems crazy I agree, why would Cavill come back for a cameo in the Flash at this point? I guess maybe those rumors of MoS2 THR heard and asked Goyer about might be true? Can’t see him coming back otherwise. And yeah if he is back he will definitely be teaming up with Shazam to fight Black Adam.

I’m irritated frankly, why can’t I just get a reboot with the classic Clark Kent like The Batman? But hell, if Flash is actually soft rebooting the franchise, maybe someone can take Cavill and do something worthwhile with him. Not holding my breath though. Christ I hope Eisenberg never returns, I hate his Lex. Either go with Brainiac or send him to Warworld to fight Mongul.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Can you not see the second pic?
    Honestly no - most of the time when you post one of these twitter pics it doesn't show up on the screen for me, so usually I just hit "Reply With Quote", highlight the link, right click the highlighted link, hit "Open Link in New Tab" and then I see the pic. Don't know why, it's annoying, but yeah those pics just don't want to show when I'm on this site. That's why I missed it this time - for some reason the first pic showed up fine, so I didn't assume there was a second pic and didn't look for the link text when quoting you. Don't know why that happens, but going through extra steps to view a pic is annoying - I should probably google that some day, maybe it's a problem with firefox.

He confirms that he’s talking about Cavill since people did ask him which Superman he meant. It seems crazy I agree, why would Cavill come back for a cameo in the Flash at this point? I guess maybe those rumors of MoS2 THR heard and asked Goyer about might be true? Can’t see him coming back otherwise. And yeah if he is back he will definitely be teaming up with Shazam to fight Black Adam.
    Definitely crazy, but I do hope the leaker's being honest here and Cavill really was filmed on set that day. Like you I don't think he'd just show up so Superman can get his face punched in by Black Adam - although I'm still skeptical of a MoS2 being on the table - could've figured cameos where the best he could get with the DCEU and so finally relented. That said, I would love to be surprised and there really is a MoS2 coming. Cavill's Superman might not be my favorite take, but I'm not exactly a picky fan either, I'll take him in a heartbeat if it gets me another classic take on Superman movie. Maybe if it is true we'll hear something about it at Fandome.

I’m irritated frankly, why can’t I just get a reboot with the classic Clark Kent like The Batman? But hell, if Flash is actually soft rebooting the franchise, maybe someone can take Cavill and do something worthwhile with him. Not holding my breath though. Christ I hope Eisenberg never returns, I hate his Lex. Either go with Brainiac or send him to Warworld to fight Mongul.
    Agreed with you 100%, I too wish for a classic Clark Kent Superman reboot ala The Batman, but at this point I'll take what I can get. I don't see Snyder returning, so there's always the possibility Cavill's Superman might finally win over his naysayers (including myself).

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I believe Ryan Reynolds was also supposed to be in the Snyder Cut...

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I'm not holding my breath. This guy could be working on the Flash movie but still be trolling people. I really really hope it's true, but there's been so many of these rumors, I won't believe it until we get a pic of Henry on set or some formal announcement is made. I don't see Cavill doing this cameo unless there's a substantial role or a set up for MOS 2 or a Superman sequel in general.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Spectacular Member

Cavill was never the problem it was the directing/writing.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

What is this person's job on the set? Do we know?
    Assassinate Putin!