Thread: Lois and TV

Incredible Member

Default Lois and TV

Reading Superman comics in the 1970s the arrival of Morgan Edge had Clark splitting time
    between TV and still working for the Daily Planet. Lois on the other hand was still
    very much a print reporter, looking down on TV. That kind of attitude remained in place for years.
    It struck me as fitting with a divide in journalism that had a basis in historical fact. Of course,
    in our modern era these divides have long since eroded between print, TV, and the online world.

But watching Superman and Lois last night I wondered when exactly Lois started to do
    TV. I am curious if anyone knows? I still like to think of Lois as a print reporter, it connects
    her to Perry White, in a sense to longform journalism.

I don't recall her being a TV journalist in the comics, at least not post-Crisis. She's still a print journalist in S&L too though. The Daily Planet may just have like a streaming platform there for some video content she also does. Slightly modernizing things.

Incredible Member

Thanks for clearing that up.

Incredible Member

I remember her hosting a TV episode during the Cir-El storyline in post Crisis, so at least at one point in the comics she was a TV reporter.

She IS a lot more associated with written media, though, sometimes as an implicit contrast to Clark, Lana (Bronze Age, and IIRC current comics) or Cat (post-Crisis).