Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

“And no, I won’t get fired”

As if these aren’t deliberate PR leaks meant to keep interest sustained And this feels less like a multiversal crossover event and more like a Frankenstein movie stitched together from the carcass of the DCEU, nevertheless, I am intrigued.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I sincerely wonder how much Flash will be in this Flash movie. We've got at least two different Batmen. There's the new Supergirl. There's rumors a different incarnations of Wonder Woman and Aquaman are going to appear and now this Cavill as Superman rumor. This thing is shaping up to be more crowded with Guest stars than Spiderman No way Home, but at least with that one it's all Spider-man related guest stars.

This one feels like they are throwing everything and the kitchen sink into it. Its either going to be a hot mess or completely bonkers in an entertaining way.Of course that's assuming all of these rumors are true.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 08-03-2021 at 07:57 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    What is this person's job on the set? Do we know?
    Of course not lol. If it’s a real leak and they said their job, it would be much easier to identify them, they’d be fired and sued for breach of NDA.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Apparently this has already been debunked, but the source debunking it isn't that reliable either, so take everything with a mountain of salt...

https://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00174822.html
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    “And no, I won’t get fired”

As if these aren’t deliberate PR leaks meant to keep interest sustained And this feels less like a multiversal crossover event and more like a Frankenstein movie stitched together from the carcass of the DCEU, nevertheless, I am intrigued.
    That's exactly what this is. They want to salvage something from the DCEU and there's just too many things wrong to put it back together again. Look at the new Suicide Squad movie. Did the first one even happen? Do we even know? Is this a sequel or a reboot?
    Assassinate Putin!

Incredible Member

That's exactly what this is. They want to salvage something from the DCEU and there's just too many things wrong to put it back together again. Look at the new Suicide Squad movie. Did the first one even happen? Do we even know? Is this a sequel or a reboot?
    Glad to see they've adapted the complete lack of sensible continuity in current comics, too. Truly the most faithful cinematic universe.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Apparently this has already been debunked, but the source debunking it isn't that reliable either, so take everything with a mountain of salt...

https://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00174822.html
    Copying what I posted over in DC Films thread:
    Yeah I saw that, but he also said the Snyder Cut wouldn’t happen, that Affleck wouldn’t be in the Flash, and after Affleck WAS announced for the Flash he said Affleck wouldn’t suit up. He’s known as “El Maybe” because of how uneven he is reliability wise.

In contrast ViewerAnon who leaked the entire plot of Justice League and WW1984 (and correctly predicted that WW1984 would meet divisive reaction), says he’s hearing Cavill will be in. So it’s still Schrödinger's Superman lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Super-Cavill after Batfleck get killed off early on the Flash: "Without Batman around, I can finally shine and be the leader of the JL".

Later in the movie, Barry comes back in the main universe with Keaton Batman. Super-Cavill: "F@*k"

I don't know why but the fact that DCEU stuff feels driven more by the talent rather than the DC Characters bothers me.

I am not interested in Margot Robbie or Henry Cavill. I like Superman and BOP

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Super-Cavill after Batfleck get killed off early on the Flash: "Without Batman around, I can finally shine and be the leader of the JL".

Later in the movie, Barry comes back in the main universe with Keaton Batman. Super-Cavill: "F@*k"
    It’s even worse because Keaton Batman actually is a well known and liked commodity, with 90s nostalgia behind him

Just CGI Chris Reeve into every movie from now on.
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

Just CGI Chris Reeve into every movie from now on.
    Why not routh?

Outside of Reeves son and Tom welling, there really isn’t a Superman actor that looks or evokes the reeves feeling quite like routh

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I believe Ryan Reynolds was also supposed to be in the Snyder Cut...
    He was planned to be, actually. The scene at the end with Martian Manhunter was supposed to have two Green Lanterns in it, and at one time, one of them was supposed to be Ryan Reynolds. Well, that fell through, and then Wayne T. Carr as John Stewart, with one of the alien GLs didn't happen somehow... I think it's similar to the "Bat-Embargo" where they were worried about the GLs overlapping with the alleged upcoming HBO series?

And then someone hit on the idea of using Martian Manhunter instead, and Zack said, "Oh, cool! We'll do that."

Originally they filmed just Affleck's side of that scene, back in 2017, with plans to shoot the GL scenes separately once they'd worked out all the actor stuff. Funnily enough, they had to reshoot Affleck as well, because originally the whole scene was kind of bathed in green light!

Anyway, as for Cavill, well, I hope it's true, and I hope the rumors of bringing him back for a new Superman movie are also true. We'll see. I'm not exactly holding my breath, but I'd be really happy about it.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    Why not routh?

Outside of Reeves son and Tom welling, there really isn’t a Superman actor that looks or evokes the reeves feeling quite like routh
    Make it the version from COIE and you've got a deal!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

"Awww C'MON!!!!!!"