Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I hope you're right. Thus far, it's working for me, but it feels a little early in Jessica's development to have her master her fears already. There's a lot to be mined there and I wouldn't want them rushing it.
    I don't really think so, i mean she has been around for a decade at this point. In Green Lanterns her entire arc throughout all her cosmic adventures was overcoming her fears in pretty thorough detail, by the finale all the development she needed was already there honestly. we further see her fearlessness in Justice League Odyssey which, for all its faults in regards to it's original cast, ended up being a series dedicated to showcasing Jessica's fearlessness in the face of death, Darkseid, and things that can eat Darkseid. truth be told at this point in Jessica's development if she wasn't capable of something like this and was still just grappling with her fears, not only would it break continuity with her best stories, she'd be running dangerously close to Cyborg levels of character regression.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Maybe whats missing is one solid story that kinda connects all these bits of continuity into one narrative?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I don't think Teen Lantern is an incredibly fascinating character, but she has a strong energy that helps push the rest of the book. She is like a little girl version of Guy Gardner that lost everything he ever had. Except for the relationship she has with Simon, which gives her a really strong nuance since she thinks he needs her protection more than she needs his.
    Thorne is making me warm up to her which Bendis was not able to do in YJ. Keli is just a kid and is written as such, she is dumb and over emotional and charges in without thinking and I’m enjoying that.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I think in general Throne is doing a good job with characterizations. I can't say that Keli is written badly, but I just don't care about her and I'd prefer other Lanterns getting those pages.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

It’s been 5 issues so far and I still have no idea if this is an epic story or one of the greatest crap of all time.

It's not the latter to me for sure. So far it kind of fluctuates between "better than expected" and "kind of mediocre", but it's certainly no piece of crap yet. The art is really the biggest turn-off though. I think that, more than anything, the GL franchise is renowned for having some great art teams over the years, and what we currently have kind of reminds me of when Billy Tan became the main artist after the end of the Johns run. When you go from folks like Ivan Reis, Douh Mahnke and Ethan Van Sciver(say what you will about him as a person, he drew GL like a champ) to Billy Tan, something just feels off. That's how it feels now when you go from Liam Sharp and Dexter Soy to Tom Raney.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I don't really think so, i mean she has been around for a decade at this point. In Green Lanterns her entire arc throughout all her cosmic adventures was overcoming her fears in pretty thorough detail, by the finale all the development she needed was already there honestly. we further see her fearlessness in Justice League Odyssey which, for all its faults in regards to it's original cast, ended up being a series dedicated to showcasing Jessica's fearlessness in the face of death, Darkseid, and things that can eat Darkseid. truth be told at this point in Jessica's development if she wasn't capable of something like this and was still just grappling with her fears, not only would it break continuity with her best stories, she'd be running dangerously close to Cyborg levels of character regression.
    Jessica Cruz has been around a decade? I thought it was half that. Wow. Yeah, I guess this is the next logical step. I never read Justice League Odyssey after the cluster&*%$ with the art, so I didn't know she'd progressed that quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Jessica Cruz has been around a decade? I thought it was half that. Wow. Yeah, I guess this is the next logical step. I never read Justice League Odyssey after the cluster&*%$ with the art, so I didn't know she'd progressed that quickly.
    Well, publishing time kind of breezes by in some instances.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    It’s been 5 issues so far and I still have no idea if this is an epic story or one of the greatest crap of all time.
    Well, just finished reading #11. And the answer is definetly the second one.