Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    All New Superman saw 100k it's first issue as well.
    Superwoman did also something around 90K, but I don't think it makes much sense to compare them with Cyborgs sales, since those were completely new characters, so their sales were probably more based on the strength of the Superman brand and the novelty factor (and the potential collectability of a first appearance) than on the popularity of these characters.

Therefore I only listed established characters, since those give more of a clear picture where Cyborg stands in popularity among the comic book buying audience.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Wait, what? I'm sorry, but this is the first time I have heard about that.

What I heard from DCeased, as in, the main attraction, was that it's DC's Marvel Zombies, and people are either bored for the uncreativity or get interested because the first issue killed off Batman, who people think will last a long time as usual, because it seems now the story's gonna be unpredictable on who gets killed off.

The panel where Cyborg arrived on earth and spread the virus was spread around after the first issue came out, but after that, just looking at what people talk about, I don't know what happens to him, because most people I know only talk about Damian and Jon as the new World's Finest, Harley killing Joker, how the Justice League are taken out, or how Jason Todd becomes the lead of the spin off.
    That's one of the problems with Black Superheroes-no one really talks about them for whatever reason. Cyborg was the catalyst that started Dceased. And he was heavily promoted in DC's marketing. So for me atleast it was a book that featured Cyborg heavily. The sequel featured Jon, Damien and Cassie but it sold less and was lack luster. But Cyborg was patient zero. he had the cure within his body. The heroes should have known that before the virus spread around the world. That's the main flaw of Dceased.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    All New Superman saw 100k it's first issue as well.

The first trade did rather well. Second did okay and third did as well as the book ended.

Cyborg's Rebirth trade vol 1 did not do well at first-in fact none of them did. However the first trade get see a boost long after the book ended.

Roy still got more stories than Cyborg. That were not limited to him just shooting arrows. We saw him with a lover and kid-who MANY took issue with her death. Now she is back in a Bat book.

Where is Cyborg's supporting cast? We haven't seen them since his book ended.
    It appears that Cyborg's supporting cast are in limbo or no longer exist. His last supporting cast member, his Father Silas Stone, last appeared in Detective # 999 and the Terrifics. Sarah Simms died in the Games Graphic Novel. Sarah Charles hasn't appeared since Cyborg # 20. he had a son in JL Rebirth that came from the future but I suspect he will not appear any time soon. I suspect that Cyborg could have gotten somewhat a boost if DC had continued the storyline with Mekkan X instead of cancelling it with issue # 23 because Mekkan X first appearance sold out every where and is still currently selling over cover price despite that it's very obvious that the character will not make another appearance. But Cyborg is in the same company with John Stewart, Vixen, Black Lightning and the Atom- they have no friends, no supporting characters and no villains unique to them. Maybe the funding cuts from Warner Bros. is playing a part in this decision?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    Sarah Simms died in the Games Graphic Novel.
    Games is an out of continuity story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    They're probably going to switch to pushing Static or Blue Beetle.
    Blue beatle is the best option

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Much like WWs constant origin change depending on the writer, Cyborg needs some consistency across everything. He should be way more popular with everything the character has been in. He's been in the TT cartoon for over a decade now, JL DTVs, in the big JL movie, and in the extremly popular Doom Patrol on HBO Max. All of them are very different from one another apart from some metal parts covering up his body.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Much like WWs constant origin change depending on the writer, Cyborg needs some consistency across everything. He should be way more popular with everything the character has been in. He's been in the TT cartoon for over a decade now, JL DTVs, in the big JL movie, and in the extremly popular Doom Patrol on HBO Max. All of them are very different from one another apart from some metal parts covering up his body.
    I feel like they have some level of consistency post new 52 especially in JLoom, YJ, the ZSJL and Doom Patrol

A. They all have extremely similar origins that has some basis with New 52 origin (His father issues, his dead mom, the mother box origin in YJ/new 52 DC Movies/JL live action films, and GRID, etc) but powers he has and level of technopathy has varied and isn't consistent

B. The adaptions develop Cyborg more outside of the comics, who seems like keeping him in the same trend of hating his father, "Am I man or machine?", and just the fifth wheel of whatever superhero group he is a part of (there is a difference between maintaining status quo and being redundant)

C. Each adaption seems to rehash similar elements and barely move him forward past the plot (further than the comics but not by much).

D. The look. When Smallville adapted Vic, people complained about him not having the exoskeleton look but it removed the bulky look that Shimbo and Customizer were referring was a big problem with selling the character. Same with YJ. He could still be a hero that represents the disabled as well as poc but when his look is usually off putting compared to his other team mates or other high tech characters. Cyborg is a character who should be the pinnacle of technology, especially since he supposed to represent the fusion of man and machine but unfortunately, he seems to barely get past the 80's look without much improvement outside of one or two artists.

I agree he should be more popular but I do feel like he has became somewhat more consistent as time went on.

Extraordinary Member

Deletet, to Off topic.
    Last edited by Aahz; 08-09-2021 at 12:07 AM.