Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    No I'm not, Rogue's power is class 100 +++ as she comes from a class 100 +++ her current powers come from Wonderman not Ms Marvel's.

It hurts or not Rogue is the mutant with the greatest physical strength and after a second place can be obtained by Apocalypse.

Gentle is well below these two, as well as Gentle is below Roberto. and possibly Frenzy

___&&

Do you need to get scans of Rogue throwing Apocalypse like a doll?

Or have him place the images of Rogue bouncing around the city a newly resurrected Hulk full of rage lol.

Wonderman was able to beat twice extremely easy, the strongest version of Red Hulk what a surprise Class 100 +++ is.
    And that level of strength is what Rogue has now.
    Yh russel did a cover with her official stats and boy your girl has 4 in strength and 1 in intelligence. So go see marvel. Because according to them she is not a class 100++++ at least not anymore

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Synch he can use the power of anyone else no matter the level or if it's mutant or not. He was able to know how undefinable jean's powers were because he synched into them.
    This was so delicious. No one can shield themselves from her POWAH. She just chooses to be so cute, humble, and discreet about how far, deep, and intense she can go. She will crack any skull, obliterate any mind, and devour any psyche...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    This was so delicious. No one can shield themselves from her POWAH. She just chooses to be so cute, humble, and discreet about how far, deep, and intense she can go. She will crack any skull, obliterate any mind, and devour any psyche...
    Her power is immeasurable literally.

So how do we class a mutant like Synch? Would he be Alpha cause he can absorb the power matrix of alpha mutants and use them more effectively. Can his own power make him Alpha?

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    So how do we class a mutant like Synch? Would he be Alpha cause he can absorb the power matrix of alpha mutants and use them more effectively. Can his own power make him Alpha?
    Is there an official definition of what makes an "alpha"
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Well in terms of regeneration Wolverine is the top Alpha. Rogue strength that is class 100 ++ since she duplicated it from another that is a fact, she is the superior, if she does not consider herself to be ionic powers, the top position in mutants would be Apocalypse in pyrokinesis the position is Sunfire

And in telepathy it's from Emma, ​​he didn't name Xavier because he should be Omega
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 08-05-2021 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Is there an official definition of what makes an "alpha"
    No really no there just speculation

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Yh no where in all comics is it stated that Polaris has power that equals magneto let alone surpass... what is stated is that she has power that rivals his own And even with that it doesn't matter retcons happen Everytime in comics and now it is stated that magneto has unrivalled capacity in magnetism power that can't be surpassed in any meaningful way. Also magneto is a proud man if his daughter was omega or even hinted as so tryst me he would let everyone know about it, but she doesn't hence why it's quiet on all fronts.

We have these panels where she's explicitly stated to potentially one day be Magneto's equal. During The Twelve, we had Lorna and Magneto presented as opposite poles - in other words, making them equals but toward other ends of magnetism. Then we have their time on Genosha, when Magneto's powers were weakened, for this panel.

I remember seeing a panel where a character said "and may one day surpass [Magneto]" regarding Lorna, but I don't have it on hand, so I'm posting what I have.

Rivals = equals. It means the same thing.

Handwaving this history away as "Oh well retcons happen all the time" is just giving Marvel an excuse for their long history of taking things away from Lorna due to feeling she doesn't "deserve" them.

Ultimately, the issue here that I have isn't one of "Oh I want her to be this super awesomely powerful being that nobody can touch." My issue is that this current status quo kills a huge chunk of her potential and stories that can be told with her, especially with Magneto.

Dark Seduction made Lorna and Magneto fighting out to be a big deal. Enough to be a cliffhanger of an issue. X-Factor in the 90s also had a storyline where the government wanted to brainwash Lorna to use her as a potential weapon against Magneto. But under the current definition, if Magneto is Omega, and Lorna isn't, any notion of Lorna giving Magneto any kind of a challenge in a fight is dead in the water. Stories like Dark Seduction will never happen again. No writer is going to set up this big showdown that the readers will look at and go "Magneto's gonna win, don't need to waste my money reading this."

There's also the concept of Lorna being Magneto's heir. What kind of heir could she possibly be if, according to Marvel, no matter how long she lives or how much training and experience she has, she can never be anything other than a pale imitation of him?

Lastly, there's just the history of things being taken away from Lorna. She lost her friendship with Jean and acknowledgment as the second woman to join the X-Men during the Claremont era. The first is only finally being seen again in the current X-Men book, many decades later. The second, Marvel still hasn't really acknowledged. In the 00s, she had character development with Genosha and post-Genosha, only for Marvel to take away both her caring about mutant issues and her history with Genosha - including the genocide - by sending her into space and never touching on them again. We've seen other characters like Jean and Storm who weren't even there for Genosha get to do more with it than Lorna's had in 15 years. Meanwhile, in the past half decade, they've taken away her history with Iceman as his first "love interest" (in quotes because I respect his sexuality) too. The only interaction she's had with him since then was a random text message on a page of other past "love interests" regarding his coming out.

With that pattern, Marvel having a definition that says Lorna should be Omega if Magneto is considered Omega, but Marvel deliberately saying she isn't and can never be, is yet another thing taken away from her in a long list of things taken away from her across 53 years in comics.

I'm not expecting Marvel to turn around and make Lorna an uber powerful being that can wipe her father and anyone else off the face of the Earth with a wink. I just want Marvel to respect their own past work here in a case where that past work is actually good for her, and stop their pattern of gradually stripping everything away from her. I'd be perfectly fine with Lorna not being considered an Omega if the definition changes to justify only Magneto counting. They could say it only applies to whoever's most powerful right this moment. They could say the person has to be able to consistently reach a certain level, as opposed to one-offs they can't control. They could say experience matters, since Magneto has that in spades over Lorna. There are a lot of ways they could do this that avoid taking away yet another thing from Lorna and killing more of her potential for stories in the process.
    Last edited by salarta; 08-05-2021 at 09:39 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar