Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Would you like to see the return of the Elseworlds imprint?

If so, what ideas do you have for Elseworld comics?

Spectacular Member

Isn't the Black label imprint sort of a combination of the Elseworlds and vertigo imprints?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    Isn't the Black label imprint sort of a combination of the Elseworlds and vertigo imprints?
    That’s a good point. I didn’t think about that.

I want a Multiversity imprint. Some ideas for books:

- Multiversity: the flagship book, focusing on Justice Incarnate.
    - Flash Infinity: Barry Allen and N52 Vibe teaming up to handle multiversal crisis.
    - The Golden Earth: a book about the original versions of the Trinity and JSA.
    - Earth Icon: The further adventures of the heroes from Pre-Crisis Earth-1.
    - Earth II: reimagining Earth-2 as a world where heroes being around during WWII truly changed the course of history and everyone aged in real time.

Yeah I do have to agree with this considering how a lot of those stories do not fit in modern continuity. Also DCeased and DC vs Vampires are basically Elseworlds without the imprint label.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I hate multiverse, so yes!
    Main universe on the monthly book series, every other universe stories or ideas under the Elseworld label.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah I do have to agree with this considering how a lot of those stories do not fit in modern continuity. Also DCeased and DC vs Vampires are basically Elseworlds without the imprint label.
    But Black Label tends to be pretty dark and gloomy in tone (and is mostly a Bat Label, with some King books thrown in).

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    But Black Label tends to be pretty dark and gloomy in tone (and is mostly a Bat Label, with some King books thrown in).
    In fairness a lot of elseworld books were about Batman as well. What if Batman was green lantern, what if he was in old England with Jack the Ripper, what if Superman was Batman, and let’s not forget what if Batman was a vampire. To name a few
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Boisterously Confused

I suppose more than just the imprint, what I'd like to see is imaginative Elseworlds stories treated as they were intended, as one-offs that don't necessarily have to represent a separate continuity. It would also be fun to see some stuff done with other characters, like Black Lightning as a returning WWI veteran, Vixen fighting European colonists in the 18th century, or a LoEG-esque Justice Society of England.

I want a Multiversity imprint. Some ideas for books:

- Multiversity: the flagship book, focusing on Justice Incarnate.
    - Flash Infinity: Barry Allen and N52 Vibe teaming up to handle multiversal crisis.
    - The Golden Earth: a book about the original versions of the Trinity and JSA.
    - Earth Icon: The further adventures of the heroes from Pre-Crisis Earth-1.
    - Earth II: reimagining Earth-2 as a world where heroes being around during WWII truly changed the course of history and everyone aged in real time.
    I like this, but I would really like to see the further adventures of the New 52 Earth 2 crew, after they finally got their world rebuilt. Also, I'm all for seeing the Multiverse expanded beyond Morrison's 52.

Peace

Astonishing Member

They're already are experimenting with many books set on different versions of Earth and removed Earth 0's main universe designation. Moving away from publishing main books set in whatever universe needs to go away, most people don't buy all or every book anyway in their main line.

The old Elseworlds tend to had different settings. Black Label is out of continuity with Vertigo elements.

What label was Superman Smashes the Klan?

Astonishing Member

I think the difference between Black Label and Elseworlds are that the Black Label books, by and large, are set in alternate continuities that are variations of 'mainstream' continuity. Whereas Elseworlds tended to be set in radically different continuities/universes.

For e.g. Black Label is something like 'Three Jokers' that takes a broad strokes approach to mainstream Batman continuity while not strictly fitting in to said continuity. While Elseworlds is something like 'Gotham by Gaslight' which totally reimagines Batman as being around in the 19th century!

Or, another example, Black Label is something like 'Superman Year One', a new retelling/reimagining of the traditional Superman origin story. Elseworlds is 'Red Son', which imagines Superman as having landed in Soviet Russia and being a radically different take on the concept.

Of course, I'm sure both labels have had examples of both types of stories, but broadly speaking, I think this is the difference in approach between the two.

Incidentially, DKR, which has long been labelled an Elseworlds, fits more into the 'Black Label' methodology. Then again, DKR predates the Elseworlds label altogether...

Yes. I would love to see it as a double sized , that hits maybe every two or three months. Otherwise, it just becomes the same old same old.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by deadboy80 View Post
    Yes. I would love to see it as a double sized , that hits maybe every two or three months. Otherwise, it just becomes the same old same old.
    Agreed. Concentrate on interesting stories rather than maintaining a production schedule and let the work have time to fully cook. The infrequency of their appearance would make them all the more special.